PT-100 Review

8.2
 8.4
reviews (3) pictures (3) 8 comments vote for this gear:
PT-100 Reviewed by: loco1rocker, on september 28, 2009

Ease of Use: This pedal couldn't be more easier to use, just plug in your guitar and plug it to the amp. To engage the pedal just step on it, and to bypass it the same. I find the LED's are very helpful, bright enough. Mine has a very fast response, and I usually just leave it on all the time(that I'm playing). // 10

Sound: As this is a tuner, we can't evaluate sound but one thing that this pedal could improve is on muting when it is turned on, that way if you're onstage you wont annoy the crowd while you're tuning (at least mine doesn't mute). It is a Chromatic Tuner so you can go ahead an try out all the exotic tunings you want. There was a time where the pedal was causing noise, but I think it was a dead battery or a bad cable, now it is fine. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing is rugged, dropped it many times and it still works just fine. All the LEDs are in good condition and it the bottom is rubber for non-slip. My bassist has the same one and his is still working too. If you use a battery, I find it last a good 2 months, maybe even more, but I been using the wall adapter now. // 9

Overall Impression: Very basic tuner, but does the job. I've been playing for almost 3 years and I like this way better than hand-held tuners. It goes for half the price that the Korgs and Boss go for and basically does the same thing. Since it was a gift there is nothing I can really nag about. I would say this is the right tuner for starting players who want to gig and are going to need a stage tuner and for intermediate players who just need a tuner at home. If you're a pro, you could defiantly do better, but for me, I love the ease of it and basic function. // 8

PT-100 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 19, 2011

Purchased from: Mohegan Sun Spin Street Ct

Ease of Use: This stompbox is very good I must say. It is easy enough for a six-year old to use. But, I have trouble turning it on when I am barefoot or not wearing shoes or slippers. Good and is easy to get a sound out of it. But be careful when you get it and want to use it. Plastic around the battery. This must be used or else you will blow it. It uses a nine volt battery (included) or a nine volt dc adapter; but make sure you take out the battery if you choose to use the adapter. I would rate the manual somewhere around a six or a seven. It tells you how to hook up the amp to your guitar and amp, a useful feature for someone who decides to make this their first effect. It also tells you all the parts of the effect. It does not, however, tell you the firmware revision number, so be careful if you wish to upgrade it. Its batterys have lasted me for at least six months. // 8

Sound: As for sound, it sounds very good. I use my custom Ernie Ball guitar and S101 Fender amp. It can make a sound that I can not describe when you have the volume knob on your guitar somewhere between four and six. I have not found out if this is my guitar or the pedal. Its probably my guitar, but just in case. It has always sounded brand newto me. I can get a Randy Rhoads "Crazy Train" sound, but it is still far from sounding anything like that song. // 7

Reliability & Durability: You can absolutly count on this effect! It is my only effect, but when I have more this one will still still be in the top five, at least! I do not know if I should use this effect on a gig without a backup, I would be very nervous because I'm afraid that its battery will die on stage since its been going so long. So I would have to say bring one maybe two backup batteries. // 9

Overall Impression: I play rock n roll and this effect is perfect for it. I have had this effect for many months now, and it is very good actually. There is nothing I wanted to ask before buying this. It came out exactly the way I and really any young guitarist would want it to turn out. If I lost it or it was stolen then I would probably buy it again, even though I have my eyes on a Slash or Kirk Hammet Cry Baby. I really just love everything about it and wouldn't want to change anything about it. I do not compare it to ther products. I hope this review was helpful. Bye! // 8

PT-100 Reviewed by: ShaneCallaghan, on june 15, 2012

Price paid: € 75

Purchased from: Reynolds Letterkenny

Ease of Use: It's a standard pedal tuner. Easy to use, plug in and select your output. The top output kills the volume of the signal so you can tune quietly. There is a manual with it but you really don't need it. It's really simple to use. It's a bog standard pedal tuner with bright and large diodes to show you exactly what's going on or tuning. // 10

Sound: I use this for both my guitar and bass. It works quite well for both. It doesn't interrupt the signal or alter it in anyway. The kill volume function is quite handy for the mid gig tune so you're not droning on and on over the top of everyone else. This sits right at the start of my signal, I don't know how that's relevant but I can see how it may change it's effectiveness after my DigiTech Whammy. It gets a 5 because it doesn't change the sound in any way. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I've had this pedal for a few months now, has been quite reliable and hasn't cut out on me or anything. I don't use batteries so I can't comment on power usage, power supplies FTW. I did have an ugly and complete shit bricking incident while gigging a while back. Some very intoxicated half dressed man knocked over every glass on the bar next to where I was set up and covered myself, my amp, guitar and pedals in liquid. My initial thought was, oh shit, my power supply input sticks out a little from the pedal so I may be getting a shock soon. But luckily. I'm alive to tell the story and the tuner is still working, despite actually having dripped fluid from every nook and cranny in it. Maybe I was just lucky and I got a good one. Can't ask much more of a pedal than that so full marks. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything from pop to metal and this thing doesn't hold any bias in sound toward either end of the spectrum. If it were lost or stolen I'd get myself the Korg Pitch Black, that's the tuner I was hoping for but I desperately needed a floor tuner for a big gig and when I went to my local music shop they didn't have any in stock so it was second best till it breaks. I wish it had the power output that the Pitch Black and TU-2 have but beggars can't be choosers. // 6

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ Jazzmaster - Lee Ranaldo Signature 8.6 Electric Guitars 12/19/2014