VT-3 Vintage Tremolo Review

9.8
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
VT-3 Vintage Tremolo Reviewed by: eyebanez333, on january 27, 2009

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: Very compact little stompbox from Guyatone. Very easy to get a number of tremolo sounds from it. From slight shimmering to full-blown sound-coming-through-a-fan sound. Came with a manual, but is very easy to figure out without a need for a manual. Controls include a speed and intensity knob. // 10

Sound: I use this effect with a number of other effects and Ibanez guitars. Vintage tremolo sounds are easy to get with the knobs dialed back, boost both knobs and you get fast, almost killswitch-like sounds. Overall, the pedal isn't noisy. The bypass Switch is very quiet. However, the pedal comes with a built in level boost...so this can be annoying and affects not only your overall volume, but it also affects your tone. It really doesn't bother me much, but it is noticeable, especially if you're using this pedal with a dirty signal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal features is constructed rock-solid. I've only had this for a few months so I haven't been able to gig with it yet but I would definitely use it without a backup, especially since I really don't use a tremolo effect a whole bunch. Seems like it would hold up well to Live playing though. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal music and this pedal works great for both. This is a cool effect to use on cleans...but also works great for dirty signals (I play a lot of Sevendust). I would definitely buy this pedal again if it were lost or stolen. The tones are great from it, but the size is also a plus. Its a fairly compact pedal, which is perfect for my very crowded pedalboard. I've played a few other tremolos, but I bought this one as an upgrade to my Behringer. I don't wish that it had anything else. Its compact and simple, the way effects should be. // 10

Comments