Headstock Tuner Review

5.5
review (1) pictures (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Headstock Tuner Reviewed by: Juared, on november 17, 2011

Purchased from: Local Store

Ease of Use: This tuner is pretty easy to use. All you have to do is clip it on your headstock, turn it on, and hopefully tune it. It's pretty simple, but it's obviously targeted to newer guitarists. // 9

Sound: Not available. It's a tuner. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This is the part where I hate this thing. It doesn't work. Ever. When I bought it (and it doesn't even have a model number, hence the general title), it worked great. Now, only a few months later, it doesn't work at all. I turn it on, and a few seconds after trying to tune, the screen basically freezes. I can't use a tuner if it doesn't work. Intellitouch was no help, either. I emailed them and got no response. // 3

Overall Impression: Basically, I hate this tuner. If it still worked, I wouldn't mind it, but frankly, it doesn't. I don't want to try to fix it, either, first because I solder and second because it's not worth the effort. It has this "learning" mode that I accidentally switch to that makes tuning educational for people who don't know their strings but want to learn. The problem is, you can't manually select what note you want to tune a string to. // 5

More Intellitouch reviews rating category latest review
+ Freedom One 4.4 Guitar Effects 01/25/2013