JF-11 6 Band Equaliser Review

manufacturer: Joyo date: 01/24/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Joyo: JF-11 6 Band Equaliser
Simple to use really, 6 bands to alter by +-18db, and as simple as that really. Overall its a perfect addition to my setup, and can see it being well suited to all genre's of music - obviously it makes the biggest and most noticeable difference when used in a distorted signal.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.3
 9.5
review (1) pictures (3) 6 comments vote for this gear:
JF-11 6 Band Equaliser Reviewed by: dannyninjaBC, on january 24, 2012

Price paid: £ 29.99

Purchased from: Amazon.co.uk

Ease of Use: Simple to use really, 6 bands (100Hz, 200Hz, 300Hz, 400Hz, 800Hz, 1.6MHz and 3.2MHz) to alter by +-18db, and as simple as that really. Their wasn't really a manual included, just the usual product information, but you don't really need a manual for an equaliser, its a play and discover pedal. // 10

Sound: I use it with all my guitars, running into a Boss Metalcore ML-2, into a Vox VT15 combo amp. I mainly bought it to alter the distortion sound as I found it to be a bit muddy - I found that placing it before the ML-2 had the most dramatic effect on my sound. You can really tell the difference in the +-18db boosts/cuts, its a strong effect by all means. Its completely noiseless both engaged and when its bypassed (true bypass). The only noise is the unremovable hiss from my amp. In an ideal situation I wanted more Frequency Bands to work with, but the 6 bands offered by this pedal, are perfectly chosen and easy to co-erce into a "signature" sound. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Its built like a tank. Solid aluminium box, with sturdy footswitch and sliders - simple and robust really. Definitely gig without a backup. It has a simple matt black finish, with simple logo's for Joyo and what the pedal does - seems a very sturdy finish and not likely to scratch anytime soon. The jack connectors must be quality parts as they are very tight, meaning anything plugged in wont be coming out in a hurray. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall its a perfect addition to my setup, and can see it being well suited to all genre's of music - obviously it makes the biggest and most noticeable difference when used in a distorted signal. I would definitely buy another if it broke/was lost, especially at 29.99, you can't go wrong! I couldn't ask for anymore in a 6 Band Equaliser to be honest, its perfect for my needs and is a great little pedal, that I imagine, would stand up to its more expensively priced but similarly featured counterparts. BTW I think it achieves so much for so little, because its basically an MXR 6 Band Equaliser clone, just rebranded - even the little sliders light up the same way when engaged. // 10

More Joyo reviews rating category latest review
+ JF-35 Pocket Metal 8.5 Guitar Effects 12/17/2013