Ibanez TS9 Plus Mod Review

Ease of Use: 10
review (1) pictures (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Ibanez TS9 Plus Mod Reviewed by: mergapoot, on july 20, 2009

Purchased from: www.robertkeeley.co.uk

Ease of Use: This pedal is very easy to use, just three knobs and you get a good sound out of the pedal where ever those knobs are, its imposable to get a bad sound out of this pedal. Its very easy to dial in just a normal mid boosted Overdrive, clean boost, or even an over the top saturated Overdrive sound. // 10

Sound: I am using this pedal with a Jackson DKMGT and a Randall RG50TC. I initially bought it to boost my distorted channel to tighten up the low end and add a bit more distortion for which it works perfectly, it really nails that saturated metal tone. And over course its just an all round excellent over Drive when on the clean channel, all the good parts of the basic Original TS have been heightened and ALL the problems of the Original have been solved including the loss of bass response and muddiness in the Original. It works very well when being used as a clean boost, you can have it ultra clean were it just boosts volume or set it a bit higher and it'll make your amp start the break up. The pedal has great touch sensitivity and a massive dynamic range which is what we all want in an Overdrive. When using this pedal on the higher gain settings I do get some noise but its not much so I wouldn't worry about it. This pedal isn't true bypass, which is good because theres a very good buffer in it which improves my tone even when the pedal is off. I can get pretty much any Overdrive tone i want out of this, thanks to the more/less mod. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Although I haven't had this pedal long it is very sturdy, it is a full metal casing, the knobs seem very hard wearing, I'm sure it could with stand years and years of hard gig use and what ever else you can possibly do to it. Although I'm not going to be gigging any time soon I would gig with out a back up. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all sorts of music from Death Metal to jazz, it is a perfect pedal it is truly outstanding in all aspects. I have been playing guitar for 3 years, and i own a Jackson DKMGT, Randall RG50TC, MXR 6 band EQ, and a DigiTech Whammy, the TS works excellent with all my gear. Although it is a fairly expensive pedal it is far superior to the basic TS. If it was lost or stolen I would definitely buy one again or perhaps upgrade to a Mad Professor Overdrive. I love everything about this pedal it can do everything, but personally its the more/less mod that is the most useful. Before buying this pedal I compared it to pretty much every other Overdrive pedal in this price range, including the Fulltone OCD, but personally I preferred the Keeley TS. I fully recommend this pedal to anyone it is truly excellent in every way. // 10

More Keeley reviews rating category latest review
+ C4 Compresser 4 Knob 9.2 Guitar Effects 08/26/2011