AX1500G Review

manufacturer: Korg date: 10/24/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Korg: AX1500G
The new AX1500G goes beyond any existing multi-effect unit in its sound, design and ease of use. It's a further evolution of the award-winning AX1000G.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.3
 Ease of Use: 8.4
 8.3
 8.9
 7.7
reviews (14) pictures (2) 25 comments vote for this gear:
AX1500G Reviewed by: joeyb4ev@, on august 25, 2005

Ease of Use: This multi effects pedal is realy easy to use if you give the manual a read. It has 48 preset effect programmes from super heavy ditortion, to light overdriven and smooth clean sounds. It has loads of effects I've never heard of before buying this like filtron, talk box, ring modulator pitchshifter etc, so you can get some realy cool wierd sounds. It also idividual mode aswell allowing you to make your own programmes how you want to. Editing is realy easy with simple controls and dials etc. // 8

Sound: This pedal has a great sound. I'm using a Epiphone Les Paul Studio with it and a Roland Microcube amp and I can get a wide variety of tones from it with these. Only use this pedal with a clean setting on your amp, if use ditortion on top of the ditortion you're already using it gets quite noisey. The effects sound realy natrual and some of the ditortions you can get are great, also you can simulate cabs which also sound realistic and very natrual. It's great for getting sounds of almost any artists from Hendrix, to blink to even Metallica and SOAD if you want it. The effects from the expresion pedal are also very impressive, from a nice wha and delay effects to screaming ring modulators. It also has a Phase Trainer, allowing you to record a rhythm rif and play a lead over it which is very nice for playing songs without using two guitars. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Its a realy tough pedal, the bulk of it made of metal with rubber on the bottom to stop it slipping about. I doubt this will ever get seriousley damaged and I have played it live once before and would deffinetly use it again live. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly punk, classic rock and metal and this creates mostly perfect sounds for this and any sort of music realy and the loads of diffrent effects puts that extra edge to your playing. I've been playing for more than three years now and this about a year and I can realy depend on it whtever I'm playing. This combined with my amp and guitar makes a very nice trio. It has its flaws of course, like if you have it for a while the preset programmes start to sound very similar but you can create your own anyway. All the effects can be edited to the way you want them to sound and there is so many you get neary endless possibilities of tones. My only realy issue is the preset proggrammes as I said before but otherwise it a good pedal and well worth the money as it will probably last forever. // 8

AX1500G Reviewed by: Rock God #1, on december 28, 2006

Purchased from: www.Thomann.de

Ease of Use: The Toneworks AX1500G is relatively easy to use. When I first got it the manuel that came free with it was, unfortunately, in Deutsch. Seeing as though I am not fluent in Deutsch, I had to spend a day just trying to figure it out for myself. After reading an English version of the manuel the next day, I am pleased to say that I got the basics correct without actually knowing what the basics were. It's very easy to use because the effects pedal is self explanatory. Editing can be used for each effect on the pedal, and it is very easy to do this. You can figure this out without the aid of the manuel if need be. The manuel (whichever language it is in) is very useful nonetheless, as it explains the different programs and banks that can be used on the pedal. You can also learn about the advanced things that you can do on the pedal which is definitely not obvious from the first glance (e.g. Phrase Trainer). // 9

Sound: I am currently using a 50 Watt Marshall Amp with the pedal, along with a variety of guitars, all of which are suited to different types of music. The pedal works very well with each. At first I thought that something was wrong with the pedal because a loud screeching noise was given off every time I switched between programs. It turned out that the lead was faulty, so the pedal was perfectly fine. You can adjust the master volume of the pedal or edit the different values for each effect. The effects are excellent. Full stop. At the minute I have been trying to emulate the sound of Muse guitarist Matt Bellamy. Unfortunately, the closest I can get is to using a pitch bender on some of the guitar licks that he does (solo to invincible being a good example). Since Bellamy uses a Z. Vex Fuzz Factory which is built into his guitar, it is very hard to get the sound right from any effects pedal, even one as good as this. The first riff I tried on this pedal was 'Woman' by Wolfmother, using the Big Fuzz effect, and I must say, I matched up to the CD. Chorus is the only effect that I can honestly say is a bit weak from the off. But, with a bit of tweaking, you can sort that out. Every other effect is very good. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can say without a doubt that I can depend on the pedal. I would use it in a gig without a backup since I know it won't fail halfway through, and it has every effect that I need really. The only thing that kind of ticked me off was that it cme with a foreign plug. Because I Live in the UK, I had to get a plug adaptor in order for it to work. A minor setback at the end of the day, because it is a great pedal. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a wide variety of music (metal, rock, acoustic, blues, etc.) and the effect pedal caters to my musical needs. I've been playing for 4 or 5 years now. I can't remember exactly. Long enough to know what I'm doing, but not long enough to be called great, despite what people might say. I won 1 semi-acoustic guitar, 4 electric guitars, 1 shortscale bass guitar and a Marshall 50 Watt amp, as well as a mixing desk and Peavey speakers. If it were stolen or I lost it, I would definitely buy this again, as it is a bargain and just what I am looking for. My favourite feature is the amount of preset programs you can use for different styles of music and songs, and how you can adapt these programs. The expression pedal works excellently as a wah pedal and is used for numerous other effects. This is another key asset to the pedal. // 9

AX1500G Reviewed by: denis wanic, on august 24, 2005

Purchased from: Guitar24.de

Ease of Use: The AX1500G is really easy to use. I had no problems with getting editing or things like that. And the manual is very easy to understand too. Even the biggest idiot could work with the AX1500G in good way. // 10

Sound: It sounds really awesome! I play blues, alternative rock, sometimes Grunge and the AX fits very well with that. If you play metal than it isn't the right thing for you. If you choose some effects (for example the wahwah pedal) than the sound changes sometimes too much. The "standard" effects sound great. You can do everything with the AX from Hendrix to Jack White. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The AX has a steel cover, so you can do everything with it. You could jump on it, nothing would happen. // 10

Overall Impression: I love the AX1500G! It fits perfectly to my music style. I've been playing guitar since 1999 and I would say that I can play the guitar very well. But I wouldn't buy the ax again because I'm just using a few effects. But if you need a lot of effects than the AX1500G is made for you! // 10

AX1500G Reviewed by: ShredHed789, on march 03, 2004

Purchased from: Matchetts Music

Ease of Use: Fairly easy to use, but can get confusing at times. wen editing effects and distortion switch between dails can be confusing, but easy wen you get the hang of it. Manuals great, easy to read and tells you everything. The thing which I didn't like was the expression pedal it fucking sucks. There is barely leverage in the pedal and you have to click it on. // 6

Sound: It sounds nice, so of the preset effects sound a bit cheesy like beckola etc. bender effect is just hilarous. The distortion is nice and it never gets noisy, but some of the distortion models are far too similar. the echo effect is excellent and the chorus and flanger are very good for a floor fx. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is reliable but I would be afriad of the power supply coming out of the back, turning modulation effects off can be a nuisance if you wish to switch from a clean channel with chorus to a hi gain distortion with no effects. But it is still an excellent rig. I love the way it can be plugged straigh into a PA system and used as a preamp. // 8

Overall Impression: Worth it for the price, but I should have saved for a Boss GT-6. // 8

AX1500G Reviewed by: guitaristclass, on february 23, 2006

Ease of Use: Operations are straightforward and easy. There are loads of effects to choose from, there is no way that this will not produce the sound you want. The patches are good, and not hard too use either. The manual is clear and concise and shows you everything you need to know (that is if need to at all). // 9

Sound: I am using this pedal with both an Ovation Applause, a Vintage VRS100 and a Custom Strat Copy and a 75watt amp and it is never noisy, but if your not careful you can get uncontrollable feedback. The effects can sounds dull if you don't get the mixing right, but if you get it right they sound amazing. I can easily get the sounds of Led Zeppelin, Rage against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, QOTSA any most bands from all eras. All the effects are good, like I said before, if you get the mixing right (nearly all of the preset mixes are nearly perfect anyway though so no worries there). // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is a very reliable Machine, the onlt thing that could break is the screen. Everything else is very solid. You woudl not need a backup if you had one of these, I've had mine for 4+ years and its still going strong. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 7 years and I also own an Ovation applause, a Santiago classical, a prosound BA-75 amp, a Vintage VRS100 and a custom built strat copy. This pedal suits my style very well, even though I have no perticular style. I love everything about it, appart from when the buttons flick back and forth very quickly as they can be overly sensitive. If it were stolen, I would probably get a smaller pedal, as it is quite big and hard to find something to carry it around with. // 9

AX1500G Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 11, 2006

Ease of Use: I first go this pedal bout half a year ago and it hasn't let me down since. It's extremely easy to use and I was playing with in the first 10 minutes of getting home and setting it up. This pedal comes with 48 preset effects and also room for 48 more effects that are easily writable(just set all the things you want it to and press the write button). You will quickly start to make your own effects as the factory presets are all very similar. It has 3 main bank switches (for choosing your main effect) 1 Switch to change the cabinet simulator and one Switch to move the banks up and down. The only thing that I have to complain about is that the switches are all quite small and close together and it can be quite easy to accidentally step on the wrong switch. // 8

Sound: I am using this pedal with an Epiphone G310 and with a Roland Cube 15 with Fender leads, and I can get extremely good sound from this pedal due to it's large range of distortions. Some of my favorite artists are Slipknot, Korn, Manson, Rammstein, Cradle Of Filth, dimmu borgir and Mettalica and I can get my guitar to sound just like any of these artists. The effects are all high quality and have a wide variety since you can change everything about everything on this pedal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is extremely reliable. It is made out of metal. I am yet to gig with it but I have taken it over to friends houses and dropped it on solid concrete and not even a scratch on it. I would definitely use this pedal without a backup at a gig. I have played on many effects pedals (from friends, shops) and I didn't feel comfortable stomping on most of the pedals that I tried as they felt like they could easily brake. And I don't have any problem slamming my foot down on this unit. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing guitar for a little over two years and have played with many different pedals and I find that this one was one of the best in my price range 300-450 and I have not been let down by it's performance. If it was lost or stolen I would probably get this pedal again due to it's wide range of effects and it's durability. // 9

AX1500G Reviewed by: sevenx, on february 15, 2007

Ease of Use: This baby is pretty simple to use and configure. 16 pre-set and 16 user configurable banks, each with 3 patches (with 2 channels each) allows you to have many more patches at your disposal than you'll possibly ever need. Switching between patches is easy, though the small foot-switches kinda need getting used to. Modifying patches is easy once you get the hang of it: just select the parameter and turn the knob! But it does have a couple of nasty drawbacks: no separate 'bank down' switch. Though each bank has 3 patches each with two channels (which is more than enough usually), switching between banks can be a bit of a pain. Setting up the 'sample and play' and 'tap delay' can be a bit of a pain and is virtually impossible to configure 'on the run', i.e. during a Live gig. The manual's not exactly super-comprehensive, but it gets you started off pretty quickly. And even you don't have much experience with effects and amp-settings, it's very difficult NOT to get a good sound from this processor! Some of the pre-sets are a bit cheesy, but there are some good ones too. You can work on them to create really kick-ass tones. // 8

Sound: The processor itself does't add much noise. However, if your guitar is too noisy, then it pains you a bit 'cause the noise-gate kinda cuts off the sustains at high noise-cut-off levels. The effects are pretty cool and 'practical', though you can create some weird space-age sounds as well. You can't configure the pedal wah (sweep, depth etc.) and isn't that good at high gain settings while using distortion, but is pretty decent otherwise. Not exactly a wide range of distortion, but you can if used cleverly with the EQ and cabinet settings you can create a wide range of sounds, from hardcore Death Metal to drop-dead Funk to crunchy Blues to squeaky clean. However, don't rely on the factory pre-sets, especially the clean ones. It makes full use of the stereo output also (the effects likes of the Ping-pong delay and Traveler can kick-ass I used cleverly). The 2 phasers, 2 choruses, tremolo and flanger are really impressive, 4 reverbs and delays are just awesome and you have some pretty cool echo modulated effects too. However, the pitch-shifter isn't good when used totally wet and the autowah is crappy. But overall, it's pretty impressive! // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have been using it for the past year and a half and traveled a lot, and I can tell you that you can pretty much rely on it with your life! Sturdy chassis, a well-built pedal and some nice EM isolation. Just be a little careful with those knobs at the top. No need to worry about backups with this baby around! // 10

Overall Impression: I use a korean Fender Strat clone (with a humbucker at the bridge) through a Marshal 10CD for practicing in my room and a Marshall JCM2000 DSL100 for Live gigs (clean channel mostly, sometimes a bit of crunch). I play mostly rock (progressive, alt, latin and even a bit classic rock), blues and funk and tend to Switch a bit 'heavy' distorted tones (a la Petrucci), clean (sometimes funky, sometimes a bit 'dreamy') and use a quite a bit of Wah (I just love it) and, whether on-stage or in room, it works like a dream! You can even get some decent heavy metal tones from this baby, but I'd prefer a Boss GT-6 or a Line POD XT Live if I were playing Death Metal and all. And I guess a back-lit display would've helped a bit. In the end, I can tell you that if you believe in 'no-nonsense' stuff, then this processor is worth every penny well-spent. // 9

AX1500G Reviewed by: Darkshade666, on june 14, 2007

Purchased from: Steve's Music - Montreal

Ease of Use: This multi-effects pedal is really simple to use, it comes loaded with 48 presets made by Korg, and has room for 48 user patches. You can select two channels for each program. The manual is really simple to read. Creating and editing programs with the AX1500G is very intuitive and the Vintage-style chicken head knobs are cool. // 10

Sound: I'm using a standard Lespaul, the sound is really amazing, it has 12 types of channels that go from Acoustic, to Classic Distortion, to US Hi-Gain. It also features a Cabinet Simulator, and a noise-reduction effect. You can get any type of tone from Hendrix, to Creed to Metallica. It is packed with 56 editable effects. It also has a great an easy to use Expression Pedal that gives you real-time control over effects like Wah-Wah, Volume and Pitch Bend. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is made out of metal, so you can jump on it as many times as you want and no harm will be done to it. It is really dependable. It features a illuminated display for great visibility on and off stage. It has a built-in auto-chromatic tuner, so if your guitar goes out of tune during a Live gig, you can tune it back in no time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly Metal, Alternative Metal, and 80's rock, and this multi-effects pedal suits all these styles. I have a standard Gibson Lespaul and I play through a Roland Cube 15 Amplifier. If it gets stole I would definitely buy it again, or just go from the AX1500G to the AX3000G. I love absolutely everything about and recommend everyone to buy it. // 10

AX1500G Reviewed by: MaXiMuse, on march 29, 2008

Purchased from: Musik Produktiv

Ease of Use: Editing channels is extremely easy unless you can`t read. But when you want to try things like phase trainer or Individual mode Sample+play mode, you should read the manual. It`s well explained and available in all languages. Mine was German (I bought it there) and could download a Dutch version on Korg.nl How great is that! (If you`re curious about this pedal and his features you should go to the website and download it). // 8

Sound: No B*llshit: The Wah-Wah and Pitchshifter aren`t so good. You have two clean settings and two med-dist so that`s not much. The rest (like 8 settings) is dist/OD. You`ll gett a sound of an organ with the pitchshifter and the Wah Wah isn`t so great. Buy a seperate Wah Wah like me. But: the distortions, OD and fuzz are awesome. Good Delay and reverb, Nice Phaser, the Flanger is also alright. The rest is also fine (chorus, auto-wah, tremolo etc.) Pedal effects: Wah and Pitchshifter: look above. (volume, u-vibe, chorus+flanger, Talk and others are good) You can also get some weird Tom Morello sounds like Filtron (feedback: 10, volume of your guitar swell and some delay/reverb) or Ring Modulater. I'm not gonna play for 10.000 people (this week; ) so everything is more then enough. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Good, solid and weights a bit but not too much. If you let it drop from 2 feet/60 cm I would`t have fear (Unless there is a chainsaw on the ground) You can break it with a hammer but then I mean the knobs and stuff. To really break this you`ll need to drop it from your house. Gig without backup? Yes, butt if you`re playing in front of a really pissed-off crowd that // 9

Overall Impression: I play Muse, Audioslave, RATM, and sometimes some blues/jazz licks/riffs. Great sound for everything. I can`t play superfast but I'm further then Pearl Jam - Alive. I'm gonna buy a Wah-Wah and if you have the money then a DigiTech Whammy. You don`t need more pedals except if Glastonbury is your next performance. My Vox AD30VT - Korg AX1500G - Wah - OLP Axis, it sounds perfect for me. Price/Quality = a BIG 10, really satisfied with this. It`s still surprising me sometimes. Your Time Has Come solo from Audioslave is possible with the right technique (no killswitch needed) and settings. This pedal is my buddy, and I'm very happy with it. Never regret buying it. // 10

AX1500G Reviewed by: kingkill_33, on january 06, 2009

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: Out of the box this pedal comes with 48 presets arranged into 16 banks (3 patches per bank) Each patch has two channels A & B allowing you to get two different sounds out of each patch. There are 11 Drive-Amp settings, 11 Cabinets, 11 Modulations, an expression pedal that has 11 assignable effects and it has 11 delay/reverb settings. There are 5 dials which control Drive, Level, Treble, Mid & Bass so it is easy to tweak around to get the desired sound you are after. At first it's a little daunting with all the switches, buttons, dials etc... but after an hour or two I felt comfortable with the unit. Switching between the banks is easy enough, just press the Bank Up footswitch then just press Switch 1, 2 or 3 to choose the patch in the selected bank! Editing patches is easy, now remember I said there are 48 preset patches? well there are also 48 user programmable patches for you to save your own sounds in. To create your own patches you just start altering the levels and it automatically enters edit mode, once you are happy with your sound you simply press write, choose a bank to save it to and press write again! There are some more complicated functions like phrase trainer which allows you to record up to 13 seconds of music from an external device and then plays it looped with the option of slowing it down to aid learning of difficult musical parts! There is also a built in tuner & metronome which is always handy to have! // 9

Sound: I am playing my BC Rich Beast through this pedal & it makes it sound a million percent better than it used to sound, at present I have only used the pedal through headphones but it sounds amazing with no noise or feedback what'soever. There is a noise suppressor in the unit but so far I haven't had to use it. The effects are top class in my opinion, there are one or two weak sounds that I will probably never use but you always get some in multi effect units... Some of the stand out presets are "One" which is supposed to simulate a Metallica style clean on channel A & then a really nice heavy distortion sound on channel B. "Acustix" is an acoustic simulator which sounds really crisp & bright and is great for strumming chords. "Indabox" is a great fun preset with the expression pedal set to control the vowel talk effect, when you press the pedal you get a great "Yai Yai" sound which is fun & a great alternative to the usual Wah Wah. One thing you cannot do is edit the setting for the pedal wah which kind of limits to sound you can get but that is probably the only thing I have found as a negative so far... After tweaking around for a few minutes you could get any sound you wanted out of this pedal, it is really flexible in what it can do. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The whole unit body is made of metal with rubber "feet" underneath to stop it getting scratched on the floor, there is a hook on the back to thread the power lead through so if it gets pulled then it won't pull the plug out of the back which is always handy in case you trip over it on stage and accidentally turn off the pedal... The stomp switches all seem solid and able to withstand some stomping and the expression pedal is metal with a rubber grip on top. The LCD display is nice and bright which makes it easy to use in low light and it displays the name of any dial you turn or any effect you select etc... I would definitely use this thing for a live performance because it's built nice and solid and would be able to withstand many a stomping! // 9

Overall Impression: Overall I would say this is a great multi effects pedal for someone Who has been playing a few years and really wants to start experimenting with their sound. It's not the most advanced unit out there but for the price it's really good. There are more expensive and higher quality units like the AX3000G, Boss GT-10, Vox Tonelab SE, Line 6 POD XT Live etc... But for people looking to spend around 100 - 150 this is a great choice to go for. // 9

AX1500G Reviewed by: maniac-stevo, on january 06, 2009

Purchased from: Electro Music

Ease of Use: With all the amp models, cabinets, mods etc. it isn't too difficult to find the sound you're looking for but you do have to do a lot of tweaking. Editing patches is easy once you get the hang of it, the manual explains it all in great detail which I found helpful. I probably wouldn't have been able to use it well if I hadn't read it. // 8

Sound: I run the AX1500G through the ffects loop of my Marshall MG100HDFX and matching cab. It adds a lot of bass to it which takes the harshness out of the sound, I like this but it does take a lot of extra setting up to run through my amp. SOme patches are noisy, such as the acoustic tone and a few others but this can usually be sorted out with the volume pedal or noise reducer. Some of the effects are pretty decent but some are just a waste of time. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I've been giging withg it now for about a year, I bought it second hand and apart from a few scratches and marks here and there it's held up very well. I even dropped it onto a concrete floor from about 4 feet in the air and it still works as well as it's ever done. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything from blues to Death Metal. it can accomadate for most of the tones that I need but it is quite limited. I chose this product because I only had 90 quid to spend and it was second hand, if it was lost or stolen I wouldn't replace it as I'm building a pedal board to my own specs. // 7

AX1500G Reviewed by: Lubira, on may 11, 2010

Purchased from: Korea

Ease of Use: 1500G features 5 effect chains on the system as below: Drive - Cabinet - Modulation - Pedal - Ambiance You can select desired effect by dialing knobs they have on each chain. There are also 5 more tiny dials to control little details, with a LED on each on of them. when LED is up, it means you can control the function with the knob under it. There are 4 foot pedals on the bottom and with a little bit of tap dancing, you can enter loop, Live performance phase, and jump to other banks. 1500 was my very first multi-effect I have ever own and it was really confusing to use. Just a little too many buttons and knobs to use. I tried to figure it out without the help of manual but I gave up soon after monkeying around with it for a while. // 8

Sound: I used to run it with Burny Les Paul, on a Hiwatt 20W amp. It doesn't get noisy if setup is right and some sounds are actually nice. Acoustic simulation sounds a little bit too controlled but with the right EQ setting and cabinet, you can cover it. There are four different choices in Loop; you can record either guitar or AUX (computer, MP3 like) for 8 seconds and 16 seconds at the cost of quality. This is a really useful feature for practicing solos and all that, but switching to other presets are not allowed. Instead, you can turn the main knobs to Switch to other sounds. This is a bit tiring. Distortions in the 1500 is quite versatile and useful. They are all different and have their own color that would satisfy your need for sound. But distortion and amp are merged into one thing that you don't really have a thorough control over the tone: only drive, EQ and level. Although it lacks in detail, it sounds reasonable. but if you are looking for a good chunky-yet-not-too-heavy overdrive, this is not really the right pedal for you. It does have Overdrive but the gain does crank up high enough get heavy. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Its huge and heavy due to the metal casing. One big problem with this effect is that knobs are fragile. If you are considering a multi that can withstand harsh environment and treatment, I can't really guarantee how well / long the knobs are gonna last. I had this effect for 5 years and now it started switching to other effects randomly whenever it pleases. I guess its because its been on gigs numerous times and treated crappy. // 7

Overall Impression: considering the time it was issued, this effect is solid and well made. The quality of each Drive is impressive, and the individual system (live performance phase) gives you chances to show different color on stage. I recently bought RP255 and replace this effect with it because it started dying. RP255 sounds whole lot better than 1500 but its not really a fair comparison. // 8

AX1500G Reviewed by: KMG1120, on february 27, 2012

Purchased from: guitar center

Ease of Use: The AX1500G is easy to use if you have the manual. You shouldn't have any problems with editing this if you understand multi effect pedals. // 8

Sound: This pedal has various sounds from a nice smooth rhythm to a brutal metal punch. I use this with a B.C. Rich Warbeast or my Dean 7 seven string along with my Vintage Fender amp or Kustom stack and I can a nice tone from either one, however I'd say to only use this on a clean setting or else it will make you want to rip your ears out with all the noise. As I said before these tones that come from this pedal varies (pending on what you play) and if you tweak the presets then you can get closer to you dream tone. Also this pedal and make you sound like some of your favorite artist and songs like Led Zeppelin and love gun. This pedal also has some pretty nifty things about it like a phase trainer which you can use with an aux. Input or just a guitar. Its good to use if you don't want to use two guitars. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's a really durable pedal and it takes a lot of use from me since I sometimes use this pedal for my high school and band performances. I highly doubt that this will ever get destroyed by dropping it or so and I'd still take it with me if I needed to. // 9

Overall Impression: I play just about every genre of music and this can give me about 75% of the tones I want to have. I chose this product because of its price and the fact that I trust korg, if it was lost or stolen I would replace it with an upgraded version. // 8

AX1500G Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 24, 2012

Ease of Use: I bought this unit when living in Korea in 2003. I tried BOSS, DigiTech and a few other mainstream and not so famous multi-effect units. The Korg was the best by far. I was looking for something to replace my Marshall gear which was really heavy to cart around. The unit features a variety of clean, compressed, acoustic, Overdrive all the way to distortion sounds a la British Rock, LA Style etc. I fell in love with the British tones and the subtle effects. It's easy to program and is very sturdy (i.e. the housing). // 9

Sound: After 3 years of carting this unit all over the world, I finally sold my Marshall and DigiTech gear and have been using a Vox Valvetronix with a Behringer quad box (Bugera), and of course, the Korg, ever since. I also play a custom made electric guitar with DiMarzio PAF Pro's and my own guitars called ZIG, and a Strat. OK, OK, I now hear people scream: "Dude, how can you downgrade to a Vox and Behringer?" Well, I always preferred Marshall tones, which are sharp and crisp compared to a Mesa Boogie et al, which tend to be too flabby in the bass (i.e. no clarity). At the same time, I didn't always like the scratchiness of Marshall (I had a JMP-1). This combination I now have is awesome as I can get good, rock, hard rock and sounds as well as bluesy, mellow tones. The chorus is smooth and the reverbs and delays are acceptable. The wahk pedal, however, is not particularly good as it doesn't have much definition in between the high and low wahs when shifting the pedal. It's OK but it's not a Vox or Cry Baby. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The reason I am writing this review is because the unit has had an intermittent buzz noise which became permanent a few days ago. After almost 10 years of daily use (not live, just studio) I was devastated and looked around for a new unit. Surely, over the past ten years, someone must have developed a better unit? Apart from the Vox ToneLab gear, which sounds similar to the Korg, what I heard was shocking. Sterile, transistor buzz from most of the units out there. Lucky I found the cause of the hum and a few minutes with the soldering iron fixed an earthing issue. I trust this unit not to break down in me. Ten years is a good ride. // 9

Overall Impression: I play rock to jazz rock and acid. I find that I keep on coming back to the Korg after looking around music shops. It's a classic as far as I am concerned and I would be very upset if it died. If you want a unit that does great mellow rock tones, this is it.

// 10

More Korg reviews rating category latest review
+ Pandora Stomp 9 Guitar Effects 12/24/2014