AX3000G Review

manufacturer: Korg date: 10/05/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Korg: AX3000G
The new AX3000G satiates that need with a powerful multi-effect processor that reaches far beyond its predecessors. Featuring Korg's proprietary "REMS" modeling technology, the AX3000G delivers high-quality modeling sounds and numerous ways to control those sounds in real time.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.6
 Ease of Use: 8.9
 8.4
 8.9
 7.9
reviews (13) pictures (1) 42 comments vote for this gear:
AX3000G Reviewed by: emo_mind, on november 17, 2005

Purchased from: BTM

Ease of Use: It's really simple to use! After 5 minutes of messing around I found all options how to use it and edit the menu. Actually I didn't need any manual because it's self explaining but taking a look inside the manual can be helpfull, too. // 10

Sound: I'm using a Behringer V-Ampire 100w amp and it rocks! Korg made a good job in noise reduction, I guess, even on the max. Setting of gain and volume it's still clear and punchy. The effects are great. I love the metal distortion so much, it gives me so many sounds. The other amp simulations also are great, for clean I'm using the boutique 'cause it's the clearest I figured. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's pretty solid so I guess it will withstand alot. Since all of my effects are in there I trust in it. In emergency I'd use my DigiTech RP200A but only in the worst case. // 10

Overall Impression: My style tends to be more metal but I also play Satriani, Vai, that kind of stuff. This effect processor gives me everything I want for that. I compared it to a Boss 50ME and a Live POD. I decided to buy the Korg 'cause the Live POD was too expensive and in comparison it's not worth. The Boss was similiar but I liked the Korg more because I found it more punchy in the distortion sounds. Well, nothing to add anymore. Just check it out when you get the chance! // 10

AX3000G Reviewed by: FreedomEclipse, on july 25, 2007

Purchased from: SoundControl

Ease of Use: First of all it's pretty easy to use. loads of features to play around with. even a button lock! So you can play around with the AX with the lock is on. Editing patches it's piss easy. There's tonnes of sounds you can get out of this, even synth sounds which really suprised me (1 of the many preloaded patches) the manual is prety straight forward & detailed. it tells you all you need to know so you can start giging as soon as possible. // 9

Sound: Amp wise I run 2 amps. I run a crappy Marshall DFX 30 for practise at home & I run a all valve Fender Hotrod Deluxe when I rehearse/play Live (the amps awesome btw, great if ur looking for an amp with a nice Vintage crunch or really bluesy tone). For guitars I use a Schecter Damien Ex, PRS Santana SE (all with stock hardware). the unit itself is pretty quiet. You may need to tweak some of the moddler settings now & again if you get too much hum on a distorted patch when you mess it up but asside from that it's kosher. Since I upgraded from a Zoom GFX-4 I'd say that the patches in the AX left much to be desired. there didn't seem to be much of a selection compared to the Zooms which I'm more use to. To be honest I packed it away & I was going to take it back to the shop as I was pretty dissapointed with the pre programmed patches but thenm I decided to tweak the Kruger out of it & make a few of my own custom patches which kinda lifted the dark clouds up a little. If you play around with it enough, you will be able to get pretty close to metal genre artists. there's loads of modellers & other sort of great tweaks on this unit to make sure you get the best possible sound out of it. People have commented that running an effects unit through a valve amo is sorta a waste & I agree. So I've been using the unit in 'stomp box' mode as I love the tones of my Fender amp so much. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've gig'd it. I've run it all over london. It's pretty dependable so far. Haven't had any issues with it at all. I'm a bit of an amature & amatures are always bit hard for cash. I sold my gold tooth to get this unit & I don't have anymore teeth. Backup my arse. But seriously speaking. My GFX-4 is in no condition to gig. All that's holding it together is some gaffer tape from 1 of the sound crew a few gigs ago. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all types of metal/rock. The AX3000 Pretty much covers all these bases quite well. I've been playing for over 6 years. I own an additional 2 more guitars, which are both pending customisation. Yamaha Pacifica 321 (discontinued) Epiphone Gothic Explorer (on the way). Back in the day before I bought the unit. I was torn between the AX & some active EMG's. So I could either upgrade my guitar & have 1 sound or I can get an effects & have many sounds, it's obvious which option won the vote. I still wonder what the EMGs would sound like in my Schecter time to time but it doesnt't really bother me much. I'm still able to get the beautiful sound I want out of the Fender Hotrod so no complaints there. If it was stolen I'd Probably go for a POD Live XT or a POD XT. I mean I like it a lot but it still lacks a little to be honest. Also hats off to Korg Who bundle their products with Power Adaptors unlike Zoom & Boss etc. // 10

AX3000G Reviewed by: DJ_Inferno2000, on may 18, 2006

Ease of Use: Getting a good sound out of this processor must be the easiest thing in the world. Just play around with the knobs and settings and you're sure to get a great tone. Editing patches are really easy once you know how to. I used to use a Zoom earlier so I couldn't figure out how to edit patches here without reading the manual (which is provided). The manual is very detailed and explains all the features pretty easily. If you have used a Korg before you don't need the manual. // 9

Sound: I use a Schecter C7 Blackjack with a Marshall stack. The output is really great. It can get a bit noisy. One of my patches that I use for leads is a bit annoying because it cant be heard on stage at a low volume but gets really screechy when I increase the volume, but I guess I just have to adjust it a bit. The effects are to strong and have a great punch. I play mostly nu-metal like Mudvayne, Korn, Godsmack but I also play a bit progressive like Alter Bridge and Creed. I have no problem in simulating the sound of all these artists. All the effects are great. You just have to tinker around with the settings for a bit. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yeah I can surely depend on it. I don't bother using a backup on stage. It has a solid metal body and it can sure take a beating. I am a bit delicate with it tho only because I don't want to accidently scratch it or break it. // 9

Overall Impression: like I said before I mostly play nu-metal. I can get a great punchy sound from this pedal. I guess it can be adjusted to any kind of music really. I've been playing for 2 years and I use a Schecter C7 Blackjack along with a Marshall stack. I used to use a Zoom 707 #2 Guitar before this and seriously theres no comparison. I just wish I had asked whether it came with a metronome and sampler before I bought it. I don't think I would have changed my choice but I guess it came as a shock when I realized there was no metronome. If it was stolen I would hunt the bastard who stole it and kill him with my bare hands. If it were lost yeah I would go and buy I again. There's nothing I don't like I about this pedal. My favourite feature is the ESS expression pedal 'cause it has a huge range and an awesome wah wah effect for leads, its key lock feature is also great. I compaed it with a Line 6 PODXT and a Zoom GT-6. I preferred this one 'cause I liked the distortion sounds in this better. I didn't really like the GT6's lead effects either. I just wished it had a metronome and sampler. But this is one kick ass pedal, a must have! // 10

AX3000G Reviewed by: sanjeev george, on september 21, 2010

Ease of Use: The Korg AX3000G is a cool multieffects we got last year, after lot of enquiries and research. It's really cool, and it has served almost all our purposes on the guitar. It is easy to good sound from your guitar using the Korg AX3000G, no matter what style of music you want to play, be it light or heavy. But it does take a LOT of tweaking to suit your taste. There's no big deal editing patches, combining the various amp models with the pre effects, modulation effects, delay, etc. It's easy but as I said, needs experimenting. The Manual is good, fortunately in English, but maybe it should've had some tips on tweaking for different genres of music. I donno about firmware version no. Etc.; no idea. Didn't check those of late // 7

Sound: We use an SX Stratocaster guitar with an SX GA 1065 Overdrive amp(Pics available on my ug profile) Not all settings are noisy; there's variety in that too, but Metal Distortion with high gain, compressor, Vox wah..they're all noisy if you turn their value knobs high up.. But I guess noise is what's needed to play metal! Most effects sound great. Some of the pre set patches don't seem to be of much use; like there's one with arpeggios only, set such that if you play one note, an entire arp will sound.but again I guess it's upto you to create the sound you like. We are able to get the sounds of most of our favorite artists-Petra, Megadeth, Iron maiden, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Joe Satriani, Firehouse, Nickelback, Evanescence, creed to name a few.But let me make mention that all artists will customize their sound according to their taste, and so different equipment will be combined, there will be sound engineering. So it may not be possible to get EXACT sounds of all artistes. But something that sounds close is always acceptable. I'll put it as MANY effects are great, SOME effects are good.wouldn't say ANY are bad as such. Just not suited for my style of music. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Yes of course I can depend on it. The processor seems to be built for rough use, so risk of breakage while using it at a gig should not be a problem.It is not battery operated.we got a free adaptor with it. I don't gig. By profession, I'm a doctor (MBBS).guitar playing is my hobby. It pulls me away from hectic schedule. But for those who wanna gig, I'm sure the unit can be relied upon. // 6

Overall Impression: We play mainly Heavy metal and rock; soft rock, hard rock, goth metal, thrash metal, instrumental music even some country music, but basically I listen to ANYTHING which sounds nice, and which has cool guitars in it.hence I listen to film songs, hindi music ,Indian music also. And the processor is suited for all those styles. I've been playing for 9 years now; since we started in 2001, played only Acoustic guitar for 5 years, and then have been playing electric guitar since the last 4 years. I did enquire about everything before buying, so nothing that we didn't think of before buying. But actually it would've been better if it had a built-in metronome, which it doesn't. Anyways, we decided to settle for a digital metronome. Thatd even be helpful while practicing Acoustic guitar. Thank God for the Korg AX3000G, I don't wanna think of losing it. What we like most? Well, many things, but in particular, the amp models(Metal dist., US Modern, UK Modern), the delay function(delay adds a rich quality to the tone, especially for solos, all the modulation effects (Flanger, Chorus, Talk mode, pitch shifter,),the Wah Wah function,some of the reverbs. This processor adds such great quality that it's very easy to do Whammy bar tricks on the guitar. The Whammy sounds great! We did enquire about, and compare this model to the other models of Korg like AX5G, AX1000G, AX1500G, all of which Korg has stopped manufacturing now, and Zoom products, DigiTech products. Those too have attractive features, but I guess Korg has a long lasting reputation, for all their products, and we trust its quality. Besides, Boss and POD XT were beyond budget, so for Rs.13, 500(will be around US $ 340) it's worth. In almost all our tabbed songs and videos, the Korg AX3000G has been used. // 9

AX3000G Reviewed by: Poglia, on october 05, 2011

Price paid: € 175

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Ease of Use: The Korg AX3000G has tons of effects, but it's simple and easy to use. There are 5 main knobs: - Pre-fx: 11 effects like wah, compressor, acoustic simulator, etc. - Drive/amp: 16 overdrives, distortions and amp simulations. - Modulation: 11 effects like chorus, phaser, pitch shifter, etc. - Delay: 11 types of delay. - Reverb: 11 types of reverb. There are also 5 small knobs to tweak the effects. If you have selected an amp simulation you can use them like an EQ. Just activated a reverb? Use them to tweak time, space, etc. It's also very easy to save patches, activate and tweak the tuner and the noise gate, change cabinet model, etc. The manual is very detailed yet simple and straightforward. // 9

Sound: I'm using it with an Ibanez DN500 and a Peavey Bandit 112. Not the best setup in the world, but I can get some good tones. The amp simulations are great and, while they are not warm like a real tube amp, they are pretty realistic and don't sound too much digital. I mostly play rock and metal (nothing brutal though) and I can easily get any type of sound, from crystal clear to crunch to insane distortion. The simulation called "metal distortion" sounds a bit plastic, so I use the "UK modern" instead, which simulates a Marshall JCM2000. It's perfect for my style. The effects are very good and can be tweaked to your preference in a few seconds. The Wah is very good, almost like a real Vox (Korg owns Vox, so they know how to simulate their products), and you can also use it as auto-wah without touching the expression pedal. There are also tons of strange effects that you will probably never use (e.g. synth simulation, talker, etc), and they all sound great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The AX3000G is a solid multi effects pedal and I would definitely use it on a gig without a backup. The knobs, espression pedal and buttons won't break and there is a function to lock them so you don't accidentally modify your sound while playing live. I have never had any problem. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said before, I mostly play rock and metal, and this is definitely a good match. I have been playing for 5 years and owned a Boss GT-10, one of the most famous (and expensive) multi effects pedals. The Korg is just as good as the Boss, if not better, and it costs less than half. Yes, the effects on the Boss were a bit more realistic, but the amp simulations were too digital and all sounded the same. The Korg is also easier to use. If I could go back in time or if it were stolen or lost I would buy it again because you can't beat it for the price. The only thing I don't like is the fact that there's no on/off button: you have to plug/unplug the AC adapter to turn the pedalboard on/off. Everything else is great. // 8

AX3000G Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 03, 2006

Purchased from: Guitarvillage.co.uk

Ease of Use: After owning the AX1500G prior to upgrading I found this one a little more fidly to get used to as, the expression pedal selector had gone and been replaced with a Pre-FX, so you can't use say, wah and compressor at the same time, well I'm unaware you can, as I have not bothered with the manual, I've owned it nearly 8 months, saving patches is simple, naming them is simple also. The back lit display is great and can be easily viewed in the dimmest of stage lights, as the lights are revered, the background is Orange and the characters in black. // 7

Sound: I use an Epiphone LP100 with stock pickups, which it copes with perfectly, I've played it through various amps, and each time after playing with the settings a little its sounds how it did before, I've gigged it twice, and the keylock feature is the most vital part of this, as hometown gigs, we play at the same level as the crowd they constantly fall towards the stage, and this saved the settings being knocked, I played alot of metal, from Trivium to Cradle Of Filth, to Maiden to As I Lay Dying and each of these it easily replicates after a small ammount of time setting up, the Wah is good quality and the expression pedal has a good range, the parameters on this can all be set to perfection, the distortions are a bit of a let down, some are ok, while other just really don't suite my style, the ESS (Expression Step Sequencer) is fun to play with, but I doubt I will ever find a serious use for this, along with a few effects which are a bit "unreal", the choruses and flangers are really good, the cabinets arent really too good, if you were to buy this unit I would back it up with a high quality distortion pedal, or an amp with a good distortion, and its distortion can be weak at times. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well no, I'd had it about a month plugged the adaptor in and it did nothing, just "dead", sent it back and Guitarvillage sent it back to Korg, just over 2 months later, it was returned to me, I'd lost all presents which luckily didn't take me much time to fix. I gigged with the back up of the AX 1500 which I've never had any problems with, I've had that just over a year longer than this one. // 4

Overall Impression: It suites my band's style, which would be metal/classic rock The Last Few Remaining the recording is really bad quality though, I use it with a Marshall AVT150X and with a small Kustom 10 watt Practise amp at home, but have put it through various keyboard amps and peaveys. I wish I had asked if it had the albilty to record licks, because I loved that about the 1500, record rhythym, then solo over it, really fun and good to improve with. If it was lost, I'd claim on the insurance, if it was stolen I'd cry and claim on insurance, I would probably buy the Boss GT-8 as the soft playing=clean, harder playing - distortion and everything in between sounds really usefull, and the distortions are better. I wish it had a recorder, a metromone. // 7

AX3000G Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 24, 2008

Purchased from: online

Ease of Use: By now there are ten different companies that all have decent sounding digital products, but this one stands out. Yes, the models are good, yes the effects are good (very good), but that's normal these days. Face it, it is. What sets the AXG3000 apart is that it has knobs. Well labeled KNOBS. If you want to sit there and decipher menu after menu, scroll through these 25 options just to make a simple change, fine, go buy something else. If you want to make MUSIC, especially with other people or perform Live, this is what works. Being able to bend over and adjust it just like a real amp and pedals on a pedal board is worth more than anything. If you've ever tried to work with other modelers on the fly you know exactly what I mean, the rest of the band doesn't want to wait for you to fiddle with your gear. The presets are good, but it's so easy to make changes I doubt you'll stay there long, this is the easiest unit I've used to get a good sound out of. And by far the easiest if you want to get your own sound. // 10

Sound: I've used it with, my favorite strat clone, a Vintage Epi Korina (now THAT was something they should have stuck with, but that's another story), a Jazz box and Danelectro 7 string. It's versatile enough to used with all of them, and the input buffer on it is strong enough to breathe some life into weak pickups. It's one of the few modelers that will actually tolerate a dirt box in front of it. You just don't need one. Although it'll work through a guitar amp it really shines going straight to the board. The output control is voiced well enough to do either one, but it really comes to life when run straight in. And it doesn't need to be run through a preamp to keep if from sounding dead. That's rare in a modeler. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It's built a heck of a lot better than any of my pedal boards, no wires to come loose, batteries to flake out, multiple wall warts, you get the idea. This is a the perfect quick rig for gigging. One piece, one power line, one line to the board. Heck, this is easier to set up than an acoustic at a coffee house open mic. // 10

Overall Impression: I'm tired of lugging around 70lb amps that can give me one, maybe two of the sounds I need in a set. Two guitars, this little board, and a monitor off the PA. Set up in 10 minutes tops, tear down in less than five. Instead of earning a degree is gadget twiddling, I can concentrate on actually making music. Isn't what this really all about? // 10

AX3000G Reviewed by: mangaka82, on march 25, 2008

Ease of Use: This pedal takes a little work to truly understand it. I've owned mine for over a year, and after a few months of playing with it every day, I felt very comfortable just tweaking it on the fly. The knobs make sense across the board and the interface is organized in a very logical fashion. The manual is pretty helpful, but it's better to just play with it. It's sort of like a very large, expensive, and good quality toy. I expect first time users will encounter some problems with using it, but that's normal for a box with so many features. it's much easier than other pedals in the same class, like the Boss GT-8 or the Line 6 PODXT Live. // 10

Sound: I'm using my squire strat with a '70s fatty headstock and awesome neck. I run this thing straight to a mixer and from there into the computer. It has a noise issue, but there is a noise reducer which you can adjust. Using too much noise reduction can kill sustain, and too little can make the unit hiss. It might just be my guitar, though, and I plan on shielding it as soon as a I get a chance. The effects sound awesome. A lot of them aren't very useful for "standard" rock, but some of the things you can do with the filter and pitch shifter, in combination with ESS, can be very different. The delays sound great too, but there's no looping effect. When played clean, the tone is pretty good. It can get a rockabilly clean or a U2 clean. The compressor adds a great sound as well. When played dirty, there's a good variety available. there's a filthy, fuzzy distortion, there's a smooth, tube-y distortion, and there's a full-on metal distortion. You can even get a good Rhoads tone, and a good Metallica tone, all in one box. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This unit hasn't failed me yet. I don't gig, but I take this thing around to people's houses occasionally. The chassis is aluminum, but feels very thin. Nevertheless I feel okay with putting my whole weight on the expression pedal. I wouldn't do that with any of the buttons, since they're all plastic, but you can stomp on them without any problems. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I love this thing. It's my baby, and my only source of tone. I feel like it wouldn't play well with other processors, though, so if you have a killer analogue setup, I would not recommend this pedal. However, if you would like a simple recording unit to run straight into a line-input, then I would totally say go for it. I compared this with a Boss GT-8 and a Line 6 PODXT Live. The GT-8 had more features and a more "high quality" feel, but it had a more confusing interface as well as a 100 dollar higher price tag. The PODXT Live would have been my next choice, but it was also more expensive and had a more confusing interface. I might buy it again if it were stolen, however I've thought about getting a tube amp and going analogue, so I might want to try that. But, if you use a wide array of tones and crave the simplicity of single pedals, then you should definitely check this pedal out. It won't wow you with a crazy slew of features, but it won't overwhelm you either. And who knows? It might just surprise you. // 10

AX3000G Reviewed by: andrewpledger, on april 14, 2008

Purchased from: iMuso

Ease of Use: I found it very easy to use the pedal once I figured things out. The main helpful feature is that they have organised 32 patches (8 programs x 4 Banks) that sound god and have been named and adjusted to sound like particuar amps/guitars. The manual was fantastic and it contained everything I needed to know. I recomend reading the manual start to finish first and then revivisting it as you run into any problems. // 9

Sound: I use it with my HBMS620TR and then straight out the headphone socket.The only setting I found noisy was the acoustic simulator, I got a tape like hiss in the background when playing quiet parts but as soon as I mute the strings the noise suppressor takes care of it. Most of the effects are good quality and different enough to all be useful although some effects I never really use. So far I have managed an identical match to the tone of Joe Satriani on 'Crushing Day' and the JerryC cover of 'I'm Alright'. I just seem to be having trouble reproducing the heavy but crisp sound of Parkway Drive. The distortion, chorus and delay are fantastic and there are amny options for each one. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would not hesitate to use this at a gig although I would be very careful with it because the patch edit knobs seem like they would break if someone gave them a good knock. I don't see the need for a backup but I would still take one along just in case. The pedal seems sturdy and could probably take a good few bumps due to its thick metal casing. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for about a year now and I play many different styles of music and with a few tweeks this pedal would without a doubt be able to handle them all. The only thing I wish I could have asked before buying was how big it is. I was pleasently surprised when I unwrapped it and it was way bigger then I expected. If it were lost/stolen I would cry myself to sleep and start saving up for another one. I would recomend this product to anyone who wants a Boss GT-8 but hasn't got the money. // 10

AX3000G Reviewed by: MichaelOfCanton, on september 03, 2008

Purchased from: muciciansfriend.com

Ease of Use: Simple enough to use. I have yet to need the instruction manual to tell me how to do something after giving it a once-over upon purchace. Having the individual knobs is for different settings can be nice. it's basically like having access to the knobs that would be on the pedal or amp for the fx you're adjusting and is very usefull for fine tuning. Naming patches takes a while but what do you expect with knobs and four buttons in place of a keyboard. // 9

Sound: Well it definitely has a digital overtone to everything it does and some might hate it for that. The reverb and delay FX are awesome and as good as I would expect from stand alone pedals. The modulation FX are great also for what I use (chorus, flange, tremolo, vibrato, auto-wah, wah). The only mod FX I don't like are the weird ones like sitar synth or ring mod which I find pretty much usless so it's not really a quality issue. The acoustic simulators are just adequate with humbuckers but with single coil input it's very nice. As far as the cabinet models and distortions it's pretty much useless. The Vox amp models and the blackface 2x12 are pretty good for clean to moderate distortion but even with all the models and distortions I still use my DOD FX69B Grunge, Boss DS-1, and BBE green screamer for all my distortion needs that are beyond my amps gain. The octave fuzz was a big letdown especially. It sounds like a pitch shift synth that only kicks in at around the 12th fret. The wah pedal was a plesant suprise seeing as it works as well as my snarling dog wonderwah 2 and is adjustable and way more flexible. Noise is suprisingly absent in all but the highest gain settings and is much better than expected. However I've found that even with the noise reduction totally off my signal fizzles out before it should compared to plugging into my pedal board. it's not really a big problem but I like to play with feedaback a lot and it can interfere sometimes by cutting out the signal if you let it get to low. My favorite thing about this pedal is how you can use the expression pedal. That ESS thing is useless but there are a whole lot of paramaters you can assign to it and control while playing (like gain, delay time, delay feedback, reverb, modulation depth or rate, and a lot more) and the possibilities are endless. there's a lot of cool things you can do with that feature. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Seems plenty tough for a hobbyist and ocassional jammer or gigger. The control knobs seem weak enough to be kicked off by a drunken foot if not watched out for. The expression pedal is tough enough that I wouldn't be afraid to stand on it with my full weight. I'd say it's tough enough that the only way it would break would be blatant misuse and abuse. // 9

Overall Impression: In a way I was dissapointed because I expected this to be a do all end all pedal that would stop me from needing any more pedals and it's not. The distortions are crap for the most part but for it's price it's worth it just to have the ultimate delay/reverb/modulation unit and save a lot on individual pedals. I was plesantly supprised by the ability to assign many different paramaters to the expression pedal and what you can do with it and that's something I don't think I'd want to do without now that I have it. For as little as it costs it's definitelly a good investment for somebody that doesnt't have any fx yet because you can try out so many for the price of a few stomp boxes and just suppliment what you don't like about it with individual pedals. there's definitely other multi FX out there that could whip this thing but they cost more but don't do a whole lot more and I'm glad I got this one. // 8

AX3000G Reviewed by: BlackPickGuy, on october 27, 2008

Purchased from: AudioMusica

Ease of Use: Getting a good sound from this signal modeling processor it's quite simple. The knobs make it really easy to get everything you want, just by playing a while with them. Editing patches is really easy as well, everything is really easy with the knob system. The manual for the Korg Toneworks AX3000G is really simple to understand. You don't really need to look at it that much, just to learn some details like Bypassing, Muting, Etcetera. // 10

Sound: I am using my AX3000G With a 75W Marshall (Cant remember about the model right now.) and it really sounds inredible, it has a great punchy sound. And it has enough distorion to play stuff like Bullet for My valentine, Metallica, that kind of stuff. Its not noisy at all, it has a noise reduction freature. The effects are great, and you can activate several effects at the same time, the only effect that is not that good is Wah. it gets kinda weak sometimes. I can easily get Metallica kinda sound, Bullet for My valentine, Satriani, Etcetera. Distortion, some people says it's not enough, For me it's more than enough, the distortion lacks sometimes, but the quality of the distortion is amazing. Flanger is really good, as well as chorus. Great Effects. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I COMPLETELY depend on it, it never failed before, I used it several times on Live shows and performances, I never needed a backup before. I would totally use it on a gig without a backup, it's totally reliable. Its really compact, and strong, I've kicked it some times before (obviously by accident) And it's still alive! // 10

Overall Impression: This signal modeling processor is great to play any kind of music, I personally play Metal, and it suits me pretty well. Its a great match for any kind of music. I've been playing for over 5 years now. and I own a Live POD. (If you are wondering why I don't use that one, it's because it's not really reliable, It failed to me several times.) If it was Stolen / Lost, I would TOTALLY get another one. I love the fact that is One compact piece, it looks really cool and resistent. I wish it had a Tremolo effect. that's all I would add to it. // 9

AX3000G Reviewed by: SMBoo28, on november 06, 2008

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Ease of Use: It is very easy to get a decent sound out of it, however, if you want a really good sound it can take some work. Editing patches is very easy on this thing. The manual explains everything but if your like me you like to ignore the manual until you really need it to figure something out. // 8

Sound: I play a stock Epiphone LP-100 Lefty plugged into this pedal with my Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal plugged into the FX loop on this pedal, and then this pedal plugged into either A. A mixer if I'm playing at my church or the nearby recording studio or B. into a Line 6 Spider III 15W amp (mainly at home). The modulation effects are amazing! the compressor sounds great. the pickup simulator is decent. the acoustic simulator is so so... the wah is decent the auto-wah and envelope filters are fantastic. I play a lot of BLB, Limp Bizkit, and 11 so having a nice auto-wah is important. the octave effect sucks in my opinion. the synth is cool I've used it with songs like this is your life by Switchfoot to play the synth part in the beginning. the ring mod is awesome!!! (I play a lot of Incubus as well). I don't have any noise problems unless I turn on comp with high gain distortion. the best effects are the choruses, phasers, flangers, ring mod, auto-wah/envelope filter, pitch shifter (works very well and if you assign the pedal to it you can control it just like the DigiTech Whammy-wah), the delays, the reverbs, and the compressor. the distortions are decent. the amp models are awesome (these especially Shine if you plug straight from this into a mixer). // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had no problems with it. I've had it for 5 months now. I would definitely gig with it without a backup (as I do). The only thing I can think that might have problems in the long run are the little rubber knobs for adjusting settings on individual effects. // 9

Overall Impression: I play everything from Funk style cleans to Korn style Metal, this fits it all as there are plenty of distortion and clean channels on it. There's nothing that's not on here that I thought was on here. I would definetely buy it again if it were stolen. my single favorite feature is the assignable expression pedal you can control wahs, volume, delays, distortions, phasers, choruses, etc. With it. The ESS is a neat function but I can't imagine using it ever. I compared this to a Boss ME-50, Line 6 PODXT's, and some DigiTech multi-effects. I wish it had a Morley wah instead of a Vox wah & I wish the compressor was an effect like noise suppressor that wasn't on a knob so I could use ring mod or wah with a compressor. As it is I think I'm just gonna go buy a stand alone compressor. // 8

AX3000G Reviewed by: CrimsonBizzare, on january 16, 2009

Ease of Use: It has an amazing different varity of sounds but takes time to actually get them, after a week or two of using it you probably won't need the manual anymore but even though it is pretty simple to dial the sound you want in, it's going to take some time to actually get the exact sound you want. The manual is strait forward and easy to use and explains things in detail, such as the MIDI function - I haven't used it but I could if I wanted since the manual makes it look quite easy. There are a lot of default patches (32) and they are easy to edit and switch to. // 9

Sound: It sounds amazing through a set of headphones when practicing and as mentioned before you can get any sound you want but you cannot add pre-amp distortion to it and you won't get a Death Metal distortion sound if you play that type of music. But through an amp - combining a heavy pedal distortion (such as the thrash or metal distortions) you can make ears bleed! Although the other effects do not sound as good and sound weaker and different. It isn't very noisy even with full distortion and has an inbuilt noise-supressor but if that is left off you will still get a tiny bit of distortion even on clean. You can get the sound of a steel string acoustic with it on your guitar's bridge pickup and a nylon-string with the bridge with the pedal's acoustic simulator - I have a stratocaster copy with all single-coils. For best sound with the acoustic simulator the manual sugests single coils - I have yet to hear it through a humbucker. It's very versitile and you can get the sound of Slash and zakk wylde even without having a les paul - with the overdirive, you can get more Hendix sounds aswell as it also has a wahwah. Then wah isn't very strong but can be tinkered with a lot like other effects but effects like delays, reverbs and pitch shifter (harmonizer) are very versitile and sound good at whatever setting. One thing that I don't like is that you can't have the volume pedal and wah on at the same time as it only has one expression pedal. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It very strong and heavy but I haven't dropped it at all, I probably would gig without backup and the only thing I would say is bad are the control knobs which feel a bit fragile although the pedal are stronger and the expresssion pedal is unbreakable. Since it is made of metal/metal alloy like the cover but the other pedals and knobs are plasic. You probably won't break it unless you did something realy serious. // 9

Overall Impression: I play classic rock, hard rock and a bit of metal - it matches them perfectly, it can also do alternative rock perfectly. I own a 15watt tube amp and a stat copy - the amp is a Behringer and the pedal would probably would sound better through a stack with multiple-speaker cabinets, if it was stolen or lost I would probably buy some compact analog pedals because they are better quality and I now know what effects I use most - but this is best for starting off with effects. I choose this over a lot of other multi-effect pedals such as the Line6 pods and Vox pedals but came out as having most effects of the same quality and best value for money. // 9

More Korg reviews rating category latest review
+ MA-1 Metronome 8.6 Others 01/10/2014