PXR4 Review

manufacturer: Korg date: 06/13/2007 category: Guitar Effects
Korg: PXR4
The new PXR4 packs serious recording power into a compact, ultra-portable package. High-quality digital recording and playback, comprehensive editing including trick features like time compression and expansion, tons of great sounding digital effects, even a built-in mic'. The PXR4 delivers everything you need to record, mix and edit your songs from start to finish.
 Ease of Use: 7
 7.6
 8.8
 6.3
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
PXR4 Reviewed by: Incubus=Science, on june 13, 2007

Ease of Use: Well to be quite honest this thing is a pain in the butt at first, this is becuase I didn't think I would need the manual. You do! it's quite a thick one too. Once you read the manual you get a basic understanding of how things work. Really you just have to mess around with things. it's hard at the beginning but well worth it in the end. Once you get the hang of everything you become well accustomed with the things you had to do before that made you think "What the heck?" But for all the features this thing has I don't blame them. // 7

Sound: The sound is amazing, I have never been able to do all this on one singular device. There are so many things from flange to slow attack. This thing can do it all. Unfortunantly my only problem with this is that you can't swith effects during midplay but since this is also a recording device Who cares. That's right this is also a recording device, and a very good one to boot. If you know what this thing can do you can easily make a recording sound very professional. That's the concept of this, it is a portable recording studio. You can get sounds from any artist on here. The distortion is very heavy to light and indescrete. Also this comes some preset effects to get you on your way. If all of this isnt enough to convince you (which it should) then this last feature will. You can fully customize your own effects. You can make your own to give all of your songs that sound that people will raise their ears to and listen. The sound is unbeatable really. The Korg engineers know what they are doing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As far as reliabillity this thing is made out of hard plastic. I wouldn't drop it, even though I have. It should be fine but hey dropping a 300 dollar item was never once considered wise. Uhh if you can afford a back up go for it. But I have only recently used this once in a gig and that was becuase I used an effect that can really be made by any one pedal on it. Also I checked and the built in tuner is very accurate down to the decimal, no problems at all with that. One more thing if your input jack for the headphones doesnt't work just take it out and put it back in or turn it on and off. But really I don't use the headphone jack very much. // 8

Overall Impression: I play everything from U2 to Incubus, and if you know these bands one uses a chimy echo and the other uses like 500 effects. I can confidently say that this device delivers all of those sounds. Actually the starting echo effect is near perfect to one of the U2 songs. Features, yeah there are more such as the usb cord that can be plugged in to download your recording on the computer and throw it right on itunes. Then you just burn your CD and presto! You have an official demo album! This comes with a power cord aswell that avoids you having to put in batteries. All you need is the PXR4 and a memory chip and you have a studio that is bound to get your musical creation somewhere. If it were stolen or lost I would get another after saving up for one. So far out of all the other portabke recording studios I have used none can beat the price, features, or sound of this. I having been playing for a long time four hourse a day at least, also I am in a band. So take my advise. If you want to get your band off the ground Pick this thing up. What are you waiting for? go! // 10

More Korg reviews rating category latest review
+ MA-1 Metronome 8.6 Others 01/10/2014