LD-1 Distortion Review

8.7
review (1) pictures (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
LD-1 Distortion Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 11, 2010

Purchased from: Pedal Geek

Ease of Use: Very easy to use, you just step on it and the sound is there. Comes with user manual with some suggested settings. // 9

Sound: Using an ESP Eclipse-II guitar through a Marshall JCM800 Head and 4x12 Cab. The distortion is always on and you basically turn the very active knobs (especially the LOW) to get some of the best band friendly sounds out there. It is analog and does not sound like a chainsaw. It cuts through without being annoying. It is similar to a DigiTech Death Metal but with way more low end and no digital harshness. The great thing about this pedal is that it has a mix out that you can also use straight into your amp for a Killer early Van Halen sound. Or use the regular output and get demolished..lol. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far no problems. The knobs and battery cover are plastic but the rest is solid steel. It seems pretty simple so I wouldn't worry about having a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been reading many reviews about getting the best metal sound out there, and I have found it in this pedal. I have been playing for over 10 years now and tried out one of my friends Landmines. I am buying another for backup. The guys at pedal geek were very helpful and quick. If I had to change anything on it I would make a digital preset so I can set different tones for different songs. Overall one of the best pedals I have ever used... // 9

Comments