AM4 Amp Modeler Review

9.8
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
AM4 Amp Modeler Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 12, 2004

Ease of Use: This thing is the easiest stompbox you could ever use. First of all it comes with 16 amp presets that can be changed. I mostly use the recto model but I also use the other amp tones usually. Its so easy to make your own type of distortion that suites your needs. The manual gives you plenty of settings that you could use based on the real amp models that this thing seriously models. This thing gives you easy access to the true bypass signal and its easy to save your settings just by the hold of a single button. // 10

Sound: Im currently using this stompbox through a crate GFX212, tons of DOD and Boss pedals, wah and with two different kinds of guitars, a Fender strat with a seymour duncan hot rail and an esp 7 string with EMG pickups. Whats really nice about this pedal is its useful noisegate option. I usually use this feature with the insane model distortion because its a bit noisy with my hot rail pickup. But the noise gate does a really good job of eliminating unwanted sounds. The distortion always sounds true when used with effecs and the wah pedal. Right now ive been playing alot of tool and A perfect circle, so I modeled their distortion and it truely sounds like the mesa they are using. Ive never really heard most of the amp models on this stompbox but I will tell you they all have really nice unique unsynthetic sounds. The matchless chieftain and Budda twin master sounds really cool. I think ive heard some incubus amp tones come out of this stompbox. Ive been a person whos been trying to get away from the whole digital sounds of pedals that are out there. But for some reason Line 6 has really out done themselves, this thing does not sound fake and pushes plenty of air and has lots of clarity. Oh yea this pedal is perfet for studio recording. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank. It's made of heavy industrial metal and the foot switches are extremely tuff and durable. I would put all my trust in this pedal at a gig. But the worst thing about this stompbox is that its a battery hog and will eat up your battery wth in 2-3 days even when u pull the plugs out. So I went and got the power supply. // 8

Overall Impression: I play anything from incubus, Mudvayne, Metallica, deftones, tool, perfect circle, nonpoint and thrice. So far this stompbox has pleased me with getting as cole as possible to these artists tones. Ive been playing for about 4 years. I use gear from Boss, DOD, Dunlop, crate, esp and Fender, I'm really into the effects and stuff. If this stompbox was stolen, I would break the guys face who stole it then go back to guitar center and buy another stompbox, then stomp on the guys face who stole it in the first place. What i love most about this pedal is its easy acess to plenty of amp tones as im playing a song. I would have to say the recto feature of the model that models the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. Over at the store I tried jacksons, gibsons and Ibanez guitars on this pedal just to see what I would get out of it. I wish this thing came with a power supply. Over all I recomend this pedal to anyone who wants versatility and wants great guitar amp tone. // 10

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review