ToneCore Space Chorus Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 07/19/2007 category: Guitar Effects
Line 6: ToneCore Space Chorus
Get your hands on tones that are truly orbital with the Space Chorus? pedal. Space Chorus features three models all based on vintage and modern analog effects: Chorus, Tri, and Vibrato. Tweak your sound with adjustable speed, shape, and depth. Space Chorus also features stereo ins and outs and Tap Tempo to keep your luscious swirling tone in time.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Ease of Use: 9.5
 9.2
 9.4
reviews (2) 4 comments vote for this gear:
ToneCore Space Chorus Reviewed by: angus69, on june 08, 2006

Purchased from: internet

Ease of Use: There's a lot of tweaking to be expected with this pedal to get the sweet spots, but that's pretty much par for the course with most gear anyway. // 9

Sound: It sounds very pretty on my setup (Epi Les Paul, and a little Vox) and you can get varying degrees of good sounds out of it when you sit down and tweak the knobs a bit. I find the Tri setting is pretty loud and overwhelming, and I have absolutely no use for vibrato at all. I just leave it on the chorus setting with the speed and color both on about 10:30 and the depth on about 1:30. The best example of the sound I want with this pedal on is the opening chord at the beginning of the Sunny Day Real Estate song "The Rising Tide", that chimey and lush sound for occasional parts. This pedal does that really well and I'm very satisfied, but I'm sure there are other pedals that would do much more, so this gets an 8. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's really, really heavy and it seems pretty straightforward. I've used it at two jams at this point and a bunch of solo practicing, so I really can't say anything about reliability. The only thing annoying about it is that the knobs are really loose and your settings can be bumped off extremely easily, even by moving it to and from practice or a show or something. When I have my settings completely nailed, I'll just mark them on the pedal with a sharpie or something. // 9

Overall Impression: I don't want to say this is the be-all and end-all, but it's very nice. I bought a Boss CE-5 years and years ago when I first made the switch to electric guitar(I played solely acoustic for the first year) without having any idea what a chorus pedal actually was, which is pretty funny. It wasn't until one day when I had it on and randomly started playing "Come As You Are" (like all beginners, I guess) and I finally had a clue. I really liked that pedal, but I ended up trading it to a friend for a Whammy Wah which was later given away or something, I really don't remember. I always missed having that pedal around and I finally decided that I needed to get a chorus pedal again after listening to way too much Sunny Day Real Estate. // 9

ToneCore Space Chorus Reviewed by: tai1221, on july 19, 2007

Ease of Use: It's easy to use, just three knobs, and the manual gives you the basics. The manual is just a few easy pages, explaining all the functions, and it gives three presets, one is classic chorus, one is los angeles, and tremolo arm vibe. My favorite is the Los Angeles, and it has one switch, from chorus, to tri, to vibrato. // 10

Sound: My set up is a few different guitars, an Oscar Schmidt 0-30 semi hollow, a Mexican Strat, and a SG with EMG 81/85 pickups. The amp is a Rogue 120 watt solid state. The effects are great sounding, and there is no buzz at all. With the wobbly chorus, I can sound just like Nirvana in Come as you are, or just some really smooth lines with this thing, it's great! My favorite mode is the tri, it's full of body, and so smooth. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing weighs a ton, and is built solid, so I think it would be great in a gig with out any back up. Make sure you have a power source, not a battery. I think it would go through about anything, and still sound great. I can't say much else about it, but give it a try. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything, from new wave, to Grunge and alternative. I have been playing for 2 years now, and I think it's great. I have tried out a few other chorus pedals, and built in effects from amps, and I think this one is the best for all around sounds. If it were lost or stolen, I would kill those responsible, and then buy another one. This thing is great, I advise everyone to try one out atleast, and if you like it, buy it! // 10

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review