Eternity Overdrive Review

manufacturer: Love Pedal date: 03/22/2010 category: Guitar Effects
Love Pedal: Eternity Overdrive
The Eternity Overdrive always stays true to whats coming out of your guitar so you never turn into the pedal. No matter how hard you drive it. It also breaks up the harder you dig into the strings which is priceless.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.2
 9.5
 8.9
reviews (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Eternity Overdrive Reviewed by: Molsons Golden, on july 09, 2005

Ease of Use: Simple three knobs: volume, treble, & drive. Also comes with a couple of IC chips to mold tone to your liking. One chip is hot while the other is more brown sounding. // 10

Sound: Very esay to get nice overdrive/distortion. Even though it is called an over drive it sounds like tube distortion. I am running through a modded Fender Twin and this pedal through the clean has to be heard to be believed. My pedal bord is composed of 17 hand made/boutique pedals and this would be one of three if I had to choose. (LovePedal Black Beauty & Goeffry Teese Picture Wah would be the others). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have had several Love Pedals for over a year now and have had no issues at all. All pedals are point to point hand made. The custom paint job is kinda weak so loses a couple a points. // 6

Overall Impression: I play rock, blues, metal, etc. and this works for all. Sean is very easy to deal with and responds quickly to all questions. // 10

Eternity Overdrive Reviewed by: Strangeman86, on march 22, 2010

Purchased from: www.ebay.com

Ease of Use: I believe this is my third Eternity pedal (the first two I bought were the Kanji and Fuse, both were pre-fab'd), and it's by far my favorite. I bought this one second hand from a gentleman off ebay. It's supposedly the 'roadhouse' version. I'm not sure on that part, but I know that mine's hand-wired (and gooped) and sounds a great deal better than the pre-fab'd ones Sean's selling now. Level, glass and drive. Super easy to dial in and find what you need. // 10

Sound: Wonderfully smooth and powerful overdrive. The Drive knob on mine will take you from the absolute edge of breakup all the way to a classic rock roar. The glass knobs on my other E's never gave me this much top end! It's not harsh, it's smooth, but it puts most of the treble boosters I've heard completely to shame. The Drive is very articulate and flowing. This Overdrive is the reason people by Sean's wares. I used to think that it was just hype when people talked about his hand-wired pedals, but I'm a believer now! // 10

Reliability & Durability: As I said I've owned two E's before this one, and I've also had Sean's pickle vibe and a couple of the COT pedals. Everyone of them has been solid as a rock, this one is no different... except that I have absolutely no desire to sell it. Not sure if it should be in this section, but it should be said that some of Sean's pedals sound a lot better with a battery than they do with a wall wart (one of my COT pedals was like that), but it seems to be inconsistent for me. Long story short, this pedal has no preference and runs equally well with either alkaline or plug in power. // 10

Overall Impression: I do my best to just play guitar. If it turns out I start playing a little more metal or a little more blues or a little more jazz (or whatever) it doesn't really matter to me. I like gear that inspires me to play a certain way, this pedal inspires me greatly. Once I assemble my pedal board I'll be tempted to leave it on permanently. // 10

More Love Pedal reviews rating category latest review