Les Lius Overdrive Review

manufacturer: Love Pedal date: 05/02/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Love Pedal: Les Lius Overdrive
Simple set up - two stage pedal with a volume/gain knob for each. It has a more limited range of sounds, but they are easy to get with very little tweaking needed.
 Ease of Use: 10
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Les Lius Overdrive Reviewed by: handlerb, on may 02, 2011

Purchased from: Pro Guitar Shop

Ease of Use: Simple set up - two stage pedal with a volume/gain knob for each. A 3-way stitch gives you a few different tones, meant to resemble various Vintage Fender amps. It has a more limited range of sounds, but they are easy to get with very little tweaking needed. // 10

Sound: I play both single coils and humbuckers into a variety of quality amps (Bogner Shiva, 65 London, etc). This pedal is a one trick pony, but it isn't performing my trick of choice. It gives you a fuzzy highly overdriven tone, with very little resemblance of sound before you Switch it on. The pedals natural settings are extremely bright, and harsh in my opinion. I am 100% for simplifying guitar gear, but that only works when it is set up right at the factory. I would take it off my board, but it is FANTASTIC for playing Slide on the bridge pickup. That is the one saving grace. Think of the intro from "Stay With Me" by the Faces - that sound. // 5

Reliability & Durability: Seems very well built, as has been my experience with all Lovepedal products. It is not "true Switch bypass" as they imply, so when the battery runs low it emits a high pitch wail when off, and mutes the sound when on. You are rolling the dice if you gig with this and don't have a power supply! // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, I feel very OK about my purchase. I am not selling it, but I would not replace it if lost. This is on my board for a classic rock cover band, so we play everything under the sun. I only use it for slide. I find it too trebly, harsh, and high gain for anything else. A tone knob and a blend knob would make this much more usable for me. // 6

More Love Pedal reviews rating category latest review