Mighty Red Distortion Review

review (1) pictures (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Mighty Red Distortion Reviewed by: greeny23, on june 08, 2010

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: Gumtree

Ease of Use: Handmade in Finland, its an amazing pedal. I wish I could end this review there. However, I'll continue. This distortion pedal is said to give a great 80's higain tone, but it really does so much more. Leave the distortion at around 3, and you get a nice, medium distortion with just enough breakup on a clean amp. Crank it to 10 and you bring the walls down. The manual is simple, and in english! // 9

Sound: This thing tears my AC15 a new one. It really brings life to a single channel tube amp, ripping through any band's loud drummer. The real kicker to this is the silence in which it operates, genuinly no unwanted noise when its on! I find it brings anything from a Vintage higain metal to a modern higain broot. Very impressed with the versatility and tone out of this. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Haven't gigged with it yet, but I'll be sure to try it soon. I use it as my 2nd channel for my AC15 at band practices when I don't lug my JCM around, a worthy replacement. Haven't had to experience any problems in the 6 months I've owned it, don't think I ever will. // 9

Overall Impression: For any metal/hardcore/hard rock lover who wants a handmade, boutique distortion pedal that isnt your standard sound, this is perfect. I upgraded from a modded MT-2, and haven't looked back. Silent operation and a wicked tone give it a head above the alternatives. Really worth the extra money for such a phenom. // 9

More Mad Professor reviews rating category latest review