Bad Horsie 2 Wah Review

9.3
review (1) pictures (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Bad Horsie 2 Wah Reviewed by: Robbgnarly, on november 28, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar Center used

Ease of Use: Very simple to use, it has a level control and a contour control with a separate foot-switch button to activate the Q-control settings. It also operates as a standard Wah pedal. One of my favorite things about the Morley is you don't have to tap the tow to engauge the Wah it is on as soon as your foot moves. This Wah works much better than my Cry Baby Original when using more gain/distortion. This pedal is very simple to get a good sound from and not hard at all to get a great sound if you take the time to dial in the contour and level knobs. // 10

Sound: The sound is great especially with the added contour and level controls. I use this with a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 and a Bugera 333 and it sound just fine with both amps. The pedal is also extremely quiet with no noise added to my pedal chain. You can change the tone of the Wah sweep to suit just about anything you want to use a Wah on. I think this is one of the best "less expensive" Wah pedals you can buy and the tru-bypass is great and deff will keep your tone with out sucking the life out of it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is pretty robust in build quality. Solid Metal housing and an optical sweep rather than the typical pot that can get scratchy or wear out. I have had more than 1 person get tackled into my pedal board and it still functions like it was brand new. The foot print is a little larger than your typical Cry Baby pedal, but that is just fine by me. I really doubt that I'll have to worry about break downs for years to come and I am not the original owner. I don't feel the need to have a backup this thing is a tank. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly Punk/Hardcore and Prog-Metal, but also dabble in a little bit of everything. I prefer this Wah much more than the Dunlop Cry Baby that I used to have. I have been playing for 17+ yrs and Morley have more than proven them selves as a high quality product line. I wish I would have known about this before I bought my Cry Baby, because I would have never waisted my money on the Dunlop. I would deff buy another one if it were stolen or broke beyond repair. I like the fact that you have the option of the normal Bad Horsie and a contour Wah all in one package. The foot switch is also really nice as you can use both type of wahs with out tinkering with knobs or switches on the side. Great pedal and I highly recommend it if you are using more gain than Classic rock.

// 9

More Morley reviews rating category latest review
+ Power Wah 8.8 Guitar Effects 03/05/2014