Pro Series II Wah Review

manufacturer: Morley date: 08/22/2007 category: Guitar Effects
Morley: Pro Series II Wah
Experience the full, rich tones of the new and improved PRO SERIES II Wah pedal. Now, with "High Q" WAH and "Clear-Tone" buffer circuitry that drives long cables and prevents signal loading.
 Ease of Use: 8.5
 8.6
 8.9
 8.2
reviews (2) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Pro Series II Wah Reviewed by: amorebelladonna, on august 11, 2006

Ease of Use: It's pretty easy to get a good sound out of this wah, you just need to know what you want out of it. I knob for wah level, and a on Switch on the right, fairly easy to figure out. When using this wah for solos having the on switch right next to the pedal kind of makes it a bit harder for quick access. The wah is pretty big and bulky, but it's sturdy. // 7

Sound: I am using this with a Peavey TNT 100 (I know it's a bass amp but I got it for free and it sounds good) and a Fender 72 Tele Custom. With lots of wah level and lots of treble, it tends to give a bit more feedback than I like. The effects are about a 8, you can get great tones out of them, and I like to use a chorus to keep it sounding better. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can always depend of this, and I've had the same battery in it for about three months, and I use it quite a lot. I would gig with this without a backup, although I've never gigged before. It is very reliable and durable one of it's best features. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Classic rock and blues, and this is is a pretty good match for my sound. I have been playing for roughly 1 1/2 years, but I'm not like a begginer, I'm pretty good (not trying to be narcissistic). If it was stolen/ lost, I would probably buy a crybaby. I love the sould I can get with lows, but I hate it with lots of mids and highs. I didn't compare it to other products, since it was a gift, but I wish it could double as a volume pedal. // 7

Pro Series II Wah Reviewed by: ColonD, on august 22, 2007

Purchased from: Jett Landry Music Store, Sudbury, Ontario

Ease of Use: Very easy to use wah pedal. Unlike some wahs, most noteably the crybaby, the button used to activate the pedal is beside the foot area, which is cool because if you like a certain sound at a certain degree, you can keep it for later instead of finding it again after stomping the foot area to turn it off! The other knob is easily toggled with your foot. // 10

Sound: The Morley is amazing for all genres of music, hard rock/metal especially. For blues, I use my Boss SD-1 Overdrive; for metal, and most other things, I either use my amps distortion (Marshall) or my Yamaha MagicStomp (with my custom distortions). The only con it that the sound of the Morley pedal varies from amp to amp. Significantly. Currently, my Marshall is my favourite and I get amazing blues and metal tones out of it. The Crate delivers Jazz, and my B.C. Rich is almost like Stevie Wonder meets Pantera on a clean channel. I currently use an Epiphone Special II and an Ovation something-or-other. The only con can be a pro at the same time: The pedal is like a gain boost. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is practically bulletproof. Actually, I think it's made mith bulletproof materials, just in case somebody decides to pull out a gun at your concert and fire rounds at you PEDAL. Haha. I've had this thing for 5 years now and it is still in perfect condition with the exception of the Morley sticker wearing away. // 10

Overall Impression: I play everything. Most often, I play hard rock/metal, but I also love Jazz and play gigs at fancy places and whatnot. The pedal is versatile, good on batteries, attractive, tough, and relatively cheap. I would take this Morley over a Crybaby or a Vox any day. // 10

More Morley reviews rating category latest review
+ Optical Volume (EOV) 9.3 Guitar Effects 10/22/2014