Pro Series II Wah/Volume Review

manufacturer: Morley date: 01/03/2005 category: Guitar Effects
Morley: Pro Series II Wah/Volume
Morley's Electro-Optical circuitry. "Clear-Tone" buffer. Volume is AUDIO taper. "High Q" Wah circuit. Wah Level control. Works with BASS guitar too!
 Ease of Use: 8
 9.6
 9.5
 9.7
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Pro Series II Wah/Volume Reviewed by: Linkinbassist, on january 03, 2005

Purchased from: Kingfishers music

Ease of Use: It's amazingly simple to use. It comes with no manual, but if you can't figure out how to turn a level knob and tilt the foot pedal forward, then you need help. I've found that the sound with distortion is weakened if the wah is in front of the distortion, so it goes after for a nicely defined tone. The ease of getting a nice tone out of the pedal, astounds me, it's a great pedal. // 10

Sound: I run this pedal With my Fender Elite II P-bass, thats run into a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, then the Morley, then a Laney 150W head into a 1x12 and 2x4 cab. The tone is good, I can get a really nice Tim Commerford sound aka Calm Like A Bomb, The Famed Cliff Burton Morley wah soloing tone which featured in songs like Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth), as a stand-alone for funky slapping, or for hardcore bass shredding like I do at times. The sound is always solid as a rock. Yes, I run it with a bass and amazes me that it sounds so good! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a Nuclear Test bunker coated in lead, then several layers of extremely thick aircraft-grade metals. If it got shot, it'd stand up and knock the guy who shot it to the floor. I have a gig coming up, and I am gonna replace the batteries before hand, and let it do its magic. I'm gonna say that yeah, I will rely on this without back-up, cause its built to, plain and simple. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a mix of everything; metal, funk, rock, jazz etc. and this slips into any genre at any time. This is my first wah I've bought and the second I've tried, and its amazing. If this got lost or stolen, I'd either replace it or have a shop-around and see what else I'm missing out on. The only niggle I'd say is the on/off switch, but as I say, its a niggle. For the quality of sound this pedal gives, I'll willingly put up with a couple of niggles! // 10

Pro Series II Wah/Volume Reviewed by: jamezdeth, on april 02, 2004

Purchased from: Steves Music

Ease of Use: The Morley Pro series II wah pedal rocks. It`s the only guitar effect I have right now and even with the lame ass Overdrive on my amp the guitar screams and growls that come out of this pedal keep me playing untill my fingers hurt. The only downside I find is the fact that the on/off switch is a bit close to the foot controller but with tax here in Canada I paid almost $200.00 so that is something I`ll just have to live with. // 6

Sound: I have A Crate 15w preamp an EXPEX50 Guitar. I will soon be frankenstiening my axe with better pickups and tunning pegs. And when I have the cash a Marshall head and cabinet with be a most welcome member to my gear family. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is one solid wah pedal, you could use it to knock out those who heckle you after the show. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a few styles and it works just fine for me, remember that it is a wah pedal and it has alot to do with how you play it. To me it rocks, it`s opened a whole new world for my tired aging lick`s. This wah rock`s and the price was in my range. I think it`s a great bang for your buck, here in Canada anyways. // 10

More Morley reviews rating category latest review
+ Power Wah 8.8 Guitar Effects 03/05/2014