M-75 Super Badass Distortion Review

review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
M-75 Super Badass Distortion Reviewed by: ApocalypseNigh, on july 17, 2013

Price paid: C$ 99

Purchased from: Metro Sound Music

Ease of Use: The user should have no trouble using this pedal. The manual is a useless accessory. Out of the box, the pedal's output may be too high. A good starting point is to reduce the output to zero and then gradually increase it to a desired level. The "metal" setting in the manual is terrible and should be avoided. // 9

Sound: This pedal has a dark thick organic crunch. It is noisy at its highest gain settings. Used within reason, the gain can be very menacing and on the other hand, barely noticeable. The pedal is not completely transparent at its lowest gain setting. Engaged, the pedal gives your signal darkness. The low end could have been tighter and more percussive. This by far beats the 78 Distortion, and the Fullbore. It will be staying on my board for a long time. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal comes with a heavy duty switch. It takes a significant amount of force to engage the pedal. I prefer this. I see no reason why this pedal would not work in the near or far future. I would use this pedal without a backup. I will wager that this pedal will outlive me. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one of the best distortion boxes I've used. The distortion is thick dark and organic. I would have added a tightness mod to it. At the highest gain settings, the low end gets a tiny bit mushy. I would replace it if it went missing. I would not however, hunt down someone who stole it.

// 9

More MXR reviews rating category latest review
+ M-115 Distortion III 9.3 Guitar Effects 12/10/2014