Sanpera II Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 01/06/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Peavey: Sanpera II
This pedal is a must have for Peavey Vypyr products! It gives you access to the looper and 400 presets that you can edit. The pedal is only as versatile as the amp it, because it just allows you to access the effects in the amp, by foot-switch.
 Ease of Use: 8
 7.6
 8.3
 6.9
review (1) pictures (2) 11 comments vote for this gear:
Sanpera II Reviewed by: asmithgdci, on january 06, 2012

Ease of Use: This pedal is a must have for Peavey Vypyr products! It gives you access to the looper and 400 presets that you can edit. It is sort of confusing at first to edit patches with the pedal, but you'll get the hang of it. The manual isn't very good, but there are lots of Vypyr forums that have the answers to lots of questions. The tuner is sort of tough to use, you need to get it to the right volume for it to be effective. // 8

Sound: I mainly use a 1981 Washburn A20-V, and I have the Vypyr 75. I did have the 120 Tube for a few weeks and sounds much much better than the 75. The effects for the most part are awesome, but a few are not too good. I can get so many sounds out of the Vypyr and the Sanpera makes it so much easier. None of the effects are really bad. It is only noisy on a very high gain setting but you should expect that. The Wah pedal sounded a lot better than I was expecting. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had any problems with mine, but I have heard a few reviews where the owners pedal had stopped working and such. The pedal seems a lot more sturdy than I was expecting. From what I read it sounded like the pedal wasn't very tough, but it is a lot better than expected. // 8

Overall Impression: I play Metal, Rock, Jazz, Blues, Jazz Fusion, Progressive Rock etc. The pedal is only as versatile as the amp it, because it just allows you to access the effects in the amp, by foot-switch. I have been playing for about 6 years. I wish I would have got a better understanding on how to operate the pedal. I wish it had a better tuner but I wasn't too concerned about that because I already have a tuner. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably buy it again. // 9

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Envoy 110 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 11/10/2014