Deucetone Rat Review

8.3
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Deucetone Rat Reviewed by: iwannabesedated, on february 21, 2011

Purchased from: Music Go Round

Ease of Use: I am a relative newcomer when it comes to pedals. I'm no expert on getting the sounds I want out of amps, pedals, etc. Saying that, I had no trouble with this at all. It might take you a little time due to the amount of settings you can use it for, but it's very simple. Distortion, Filter, Volume, and three models for each channel: Turbo Rat, Vintage Rat, and Dirty Rat. // 9

Sound: The sound on this is great. It's got great distortion, more than a Boss DS-1. I'm a big fan of Grunge and hardcore punk and this is pretty much perfect for those (the dirty rat settings especially). I can also get a more conventional rock sound through the Vintage rat. I use it for both bass and guitar and have no complaints about the range of sounds I can get out of it. The best part might be that you can not only use each channel seperately, but you can go through both at the same time. What I usually do with that is have one channel for distortion and the other to limit volume if I want. If you're creative I'm sure there's even more you could do. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The thing is a brick. It might be a bit heavy but I could drop it off a building and I doubt anything would happen. I've dropped it onto concrete more than once and there has not been so much as a dent. One handy feature it has is two velcro circles on the bottom that keep it from moving around to much while playing. It also came with the power supply so I don't need to replace batteries all the time. // 10

Overall Impression: When I first got this, I wanted to get a distortion pedal that was not only great for the music I play, but I could also use on bass without losing too much on the low end. There's a bit lost, but a little compensating with your amp and it is unnoticeable. Now I'm sounding like Kurt Danielson from Tad (if you don't know what that's like look up the song Grease Box). On my guitar, I prefer the BOSS DS-1 for playing shows (for simplicity reasons), but for recordings I can do so much more with this. If I had to have one or the other, I would go with this one. If I were to lose it, I would try and buy another one, but because of the slight expense it might take me a while. Still, I wholeheartedly recommend it. // 9

More Pro Co reviews rating category latest review