Rat 2 Review

manufacturer: Pro Co date: 05/25/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Pro Co: Rat 2
The RAT 2 is housed in Pro Co's inimitably massive steel enclosure. Top grade components like a mil-spec glass-epoxy circuit board, conductive plastic controls and the heavy-duty industrial footswitch make for trouble-free reliability on the road.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Ease of Use: 8.5
 8.6
 9.1
 8.1
reviews (11) pictures (2) 21 comments vote for this gear:
Rat 2 Reviewed by: JayJayE, on april 04, 2006

Purchased from: Ishbashi Music

Ease of Use: Three knobs, come on. The only confusing thing is the filter works the opposite way to most tone knobs ie, left is treble and right is bass. The distortion knob is very touchy. Which is a good thing, you can get many sounds but patient tweaking is a must. This is covered more in the sound section. // 9

Sound: Rat 2's aren't for everyone, but I just love 'em to death. They can get a smooth scooped metal sound with a lot of tweaking and an EQ but to be honest if thats what you're after, look else where, it's easier with a Boss Metal Zone or something. However for a gritty distortion that works great with tube amps it's great. It cleans up nicely with light picking and punches into distortion when the strings are hit hard. Also the attack on these things comes through nice and clear, even at hight distortion levels. You can basically get three different sounds from it. At low levels a mostly clean tone with a bit to grit. A bit higher a nice, dirty, AC/DC kind of classic rock tone. All the way up it almost (but not quite) sounds like a fuzz pedal. I would say this pedal works best for classic rock and indie/alternative rock, where a abrasive, rough sound is wanted. They sound great with single coils too. If you think Blur, Interpol, Radiohead, you get the idea how they sound. RAT2's need A LOT of tweaking. If you are the lazy type that likes to "plug and play" so to speak, forget it. Maybe thats why soem people hate them, they've never actually sat down with them and really tried to dail in a good tone. This pedal rewards patience. The only drawback for me is they do lack a bit of bass but a EQ pedal after or a mod can fix that. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've dropped them, played a lot of gigs in rough places with them, even had an idiot stage drive off it. No problems what-so ever. My only gripe is the battery housing. You have to have an allen key, flip the thing over and chage it that way. I had to do it at a gig once and it wasn't a pleasent ecperiance. Now I use AC power all the time (which is a must I feel) and no longer have that problem. // 10

Overall Impression: The Rat 2 is a great, well made, classic distortion pedal, even if the sound seems to be up to personal taste. Keep in mind I have a '80s RAT which I got second hand. I hear the new Rat 2 have a new chip which doesnt sound as good. I use a Fender Strat and a "lawsuit" ES-335, lots of other effects and a Vox Valvetronic at home, Fender Twins for rehersals and gigs. My band plays alternative/indie/post-punk rock like the Cure, the Smiths or Interpol. I can really say that the RAT2 is a BIG part of my sound and until I find something I like better it will always be in my rig. If it were stolen, Id try to get another '80s one and if I can't do that, drunk depressed and probably drink lots. // 10

Rat 2 Reviewed by: chrisking92, on september 22, 2008

Price paid: C$ 110

Purchased from: Guitar Parts Canada

Ease of Use: The Rat is freakin' amazing, you can get anywhere from a cool sparkle to almost a fuzz. But to do this you need to do some tweaking, to your amp and to the pedal itself, but you'll love it once you get the hang of it. The Filter Knob, wich is the tone knob works the opposite way from most Tone knobs, left is more treble, right is more Bass. The Distortion knob increases the gain very dramatically from 2 to 4, at 2 and below you get some cleaner, but after that it's gets gainier so much quicker. // 7

Sound: I Have a Custom guitar with P-90's and a Washburn Idol with EMG's and I play though a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. This pedal has amazing amounts of gain available to it so with the higher gain and louder amp volume there is the expected noise, but nothing over the top. I love a thick distortion but I need clarity too, so I have the gain at about 12 o'clock and the filter ant about 1 o'clock. This gives me a nice fat blues distortion on the bridge pickup and a fuzz esque tone on the neck for fat sustained solos, boy can this thing sustain, it cleans up with your picking attack so very well I dumped my pants the first time I used it. If you wanted a phat metal distortion crack it all the way up and add some bass. it's way nicer then that buzz saw sound from the Boss Metal Zone, which is the fat whore sister of all pedals. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would defiantly depend on this without backup, and have quite frequently for about a year now. It's built like a sh*t brick house. I've thrown, stomped, hit with a hammer. it's still perfect. // 10

Overall Impression: I play blues, rock, blues rock, reggae. It's great for Hendrix, old Clapton, it's just amazing for my style, I never used to like distortions but this thing totally converted me to the dark side. I've been playing for about 5 years now and own a crap load other pedals, I have it and a Boss SD-1 for the lighter stuff on my board and it's perfect. I love the versatility of this pedal, I can do calm Overdrive or over the top fuzz. It also responds very well to picking, better then any other pedal I've tried. If it where stolen, I would find the thief and make sure he was using it well, then I'd beat the hell out of him for the mere principal of the matter, and buy a new one. // 9

Rat 2 Reviewed by: bettyswollox, on august 10, 2006

Purchased from: GAK

Ease of Use: This is, in my opinion, one of the must have distortion pedals. It is pretty easy to get a good sound out of it, but to get the sound you want, you may have to tweak a bit. There are only three controls, distortion, filter and volume, all pretty self explanatory. The filter knob basically increases the treble if rolled to the left and bass if rolled to the right. Extremely easy and simple to use. Another feature with this is that it glows in the dark, which looks pretty cool! // 10

Sound: I am currently using a Tanglewood TSE 605 ith this as well as a Vox AD30VT amp. The rat gives me a more diverse range in sounds with the Vox but it may work better with a tube amp. Also, it is better used as a stand alone pedal instead of a boost to another distortion. If you use it to boost, expect a lot of feeback, and I mean a lot! I mostly play stuff by artists such as graham coxon, Radiohead, Muse and Foo Fighters when using this pedal and I find that it nails each one when you find the right setting. With a lot of distortion and bass you get a fuzzy Muse 'new born' kind of sound. Yet when you half the distortion just over half and the filter on about halfway you get a great graham coxon like setting for songs like 'freaking out'. As this pedal is used by coxon and jonny greenwood from Radiohead I find it works extremely well for their sound. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had this for about three months now and it is plugged in almost all of the time. The original battery has lasted and I have really stomped on this to test it's durability. It is really great in this sense because it is practically unbreakable. It has never died on me when practicing so I see it as very realiable too. However I have never gigged before so I can't really say whether a backup is necessary or not. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a wide range of styles such as Indie, modern and classic rock adn punk using both the neck and bridge pickups and I feel I can get most of the sounds I want. It is better suited to the rock kind of feel, where you can get thick bassy distortions and crunchy classic overdrives. I compared this to a Boss blues driver and Boss Overdrive pedal and I chose this because it simply offers a lot more tonewise. It can give a better variety in sounds and does not sound so generic so you can create your own tones. If it were lost I would definately buy it again! // 9

Rat 2 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 03, 2010

Price paid: € 55

Purchased from: used

Ease of Use: My Rat 2 is USA made. I know the newer ones are made in Japan, and they don't come with the LM308 chip. I don't know what diference can it possibly make to your sound, so this review is for the USA version. Pretty easy to get any good sound out of it. The Distortion knob is powerful and can Drive into fuzz ate the least levels, if well combined with the filter. The Filter knob can get you any sound you want, from the most raw to the fuzziest (not as fuzzy as the Big Muff Pi though (because it is a fuzz pedal, right? ) ). The Volume knob does its job. I keep mine at 3 o'clock, that's the point where the distortion volume evens the bypassed volume (for my ears). No patches at all, only one setting at a time. I bought mine used so no box or manuals for me. // 8

Sound: Jesus what an incredible little box this is. I'm using it with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom through a Vox AD50VT on the clean channel. Gets from slightly overdriven sounds to lung filling high-gain distortion. Believe me, its powerful. There is no addicional noise coming from this unit, being it battery or AC powered. The best distortion pedal available, period. And I've tried them all. Looking for fuzz? Try the Big Muff Pi instead. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It is totally dependable. Indestructible metal housing. I would use it on a gig without a backup. It is very heavy for its size, and feels good to look at. It is totally dependable. Indestructible metal housing. I would use it on a gig without a backup. It is very heavy for its size, and feels good to look at. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly Post-Rock, but also Punk and Alternative Rock. It fits perfectly in my needs. It is THAT distortion. You know what I mean? I have been playing for six years and this is my favourite pedal. If it was stolen or lost, I would replace it Immediattly. // 9

Rat 2 Reviewed by: bigmuffexpress, on february 27, 2009

Ease of Use: I had heard that this pedal requires some serious tweaking, so i was amazed when i got a perfect sound from it straight away! Each control (distortion, filter, volume) covers alot of ground sound-spectrum wise, there are ALOT of different sounds you can achieve from this pedal by making only small adjustments. I didnt recieve a manual with mine, which is fine seeing as a manual would be pretty pointless given the ease of use! However, if this is going to be someone's first pedal then perhaps basic instructions are necessary. // 9

Sound: I currently use a Shine Custom Tele (also a Richwood Tele and a Strat) with a Seymour Duncan SH-6 (bridge) into a Dunlop Wah, followed by my Rat and a GLX Super Chorus, into a Peavey Bandit 112 (early 90s version). Also, i use the distortion channel on the bandit occasionally to get kick-ass feedback. I have noticed no significant noise with using the Rat alone or with the rest of my pedalboard when i use good leads with Neutrik jack plugs, however lower-quality leads might produce a slight hum or hiss. After trying the Rat with my wah, it sounds as if they were made for eachother; the sometimes shrill quality of the Dunlop wah is balanced with the smooth and thick distortion (bordering on fuzz) of the Rat. My chorus blends equally as well, particularly when the EQ is slanted towards high freqiencies (take a look at any Boss chorus, you will see what i mean). With the distortion pulled down to around 1 o'clock and the filter at slighty above zero, the Rat produces sounds pleasingly similar to the fantasic guitar sound on the first Foo Fighters album (which is why i was tempted to buy it in the first place). With the distortion maxed out and the filter at 9 o'clock, it produces a creamy and harmonic fuzz that compliments both rhythm and lead work with consistent sustain, similar to Pat Smear's signature sound. Between 9 o'clock and zero on the distortion knob, the pedal becomes less useable because the output becomes pretty much clean, but slighty above 9 o'clock is ideal territory for punchy and aggressive rhythms, working with single coils as equally well as humbuckers. I recommend using this pedal as a standalone distortion rather than a boost; such a basic application would be a waste of such a good pedal! I also noticed that, when other distortion is added, it produces strong but tasteful feedback which i have had no trouble in icorporating into my music. Very handy if you are a Nirvana/Radiohead/Pixies fan! Make sure you keep an eye on your settings if using for a whole show, because the knobs are often move around slightly when you engage the pedal with your foot and arent being careful. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The pedal comes with a 5-year warranty against any kind of damage (intentional or otherwise) which pretty much says it all! I will probably still use this pedal 10 years down the line as it is reassuringly weighty, and with removal of it's cover I found the case to be very thick, which will help significantly against pitting around the footswitch due to excessive stomping! However, perhaps the footswitch may need replacing after a while as these can wear out quickly no matter how well-made they are. I don't feel it would be neccessary to have a backup unless you were in some extreme hardcore touring punk band and trashed the crap out of your equipment every night. For normal use, I'm almost certain the one unit would last ages. I aren't too sure about the durability of the control knobs, however, because they are positioned right under where your foot will come down at speed to engage the pedal, which could damage the pots after a while. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a mixture of alternative rock, power-pop and punk (think PUSA, The Manics, The Foos, Green Day) and this pedal is everything I could want; It has the warmth and sustain of a Big Muff with the subtlety and minimalism of a DS-1 which I have fallen in love with. It really has to be heard to be believed (basically, I aint just kissing ass, it's just this awesome! ). It would be interesting if Pro Co made a version with an EQ just to see what other sounds I could achieve, otherwise this pretty much hit's the spot. If this were stolen or lost I would buy several more just to pelt the guy Who stole it in the first place. There are other pedals that come close to this kind of sound, but only this pedal nails it so I'm pretty much obligated to get a new one if this is stolen or goes missing. Sure there will be more expensive, more versatile, more hard-wearing distortions out there, but for under 60 quid this is pretty darn good. It does take getting used to though and at first I wasn't struck by it, but you do get used to it fairly quickly. // 9

Rat 2 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 02, 2009

Purchased from: Rock Planet

Ease of Use: Three knobs to dial in, one is volume. You only get two knobs for sound. The filter is also control a bit of tone. It gets thinner and less base and mid when more filter added. It is not so noisy so filter is on at less than 4 for single coil and only 1-2 or none at all for humbucker. Have to spend time to get the tone you are after. And when you have the idea you can get from mild to wild almost Metal sound with boosted gain. // 8

Sound: I use it with Fender mexican Tele with Seymour/ Vintage Noiseless Pick ups. It does not give much base and mid. My amps is solid state Laney LG35R so the sound is dry and thin. I put a TubeScreamer Ibanez TS7 (cheaper model of Ibanez TS). I play with it for about 2hrs. And finally it sounding good with TB setting gain at around 3-5 with Hot Switch on ane Tone at 5-6 This way I can go on and of on The RAT2 when only need OD sound. When RAT2 is on it is not muddy and sound warmer with added mid and base. The Rat2 is dial on Distortion any where from 4-9. It depends on how much distortion you want at 4 is good for Hard-Rock. 6-7 more of the Brit distortion like Marshall sound. At 8-9 is Heavy Rock almost Metal. The filter only dial as minimum as you can if you try to have more meat in the sound around 3-5 is OK. Less of a hassle and sound better with humbucker pickups. You get much more tone and base. EQ on my amps: Base9 Mid7 Treb8. It should sound better for Tube amps or at least a good OD pedal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Strong as a tank. Built to last. Build&design like good old things with thick metal casing. Only one point is the power inlet is a Vintage type 3.5mm jack, some may like it. I would prefer the regular jack like the one in Boss or Ibanez so no need for an adapter. Less part to hassle with is a good thing. // 9

Overall Impression: Just have to give it times to set up after that you will love it. It would be nice to have a Tone control are a base booster switch. This thing will rob of a lot of base so you have to have gain on it to sound nice. It will be better if you have EQ it for more mid and base. // 9

Rat 2 Reviewed by: guy_tebache, on october 20, 2009

Purchased from: ebay

Ease of Use: I bought this Brand New on ebay. Its really easy to use. 3 knobs: Distortion, Volume and Filter. Unlike most other distortion pedals, the filter knobs is not a "tone" knob, it is a low pass filter. The more you turn it clockwise the more highs you'll be cutting out of your sound. This means that with the filter turned all the way down, what comes out of the pedal has pretty much the exact same harmonic content as what went in. The manual is really quite good and explains in reasonable detail how everything works (it IS a distortion pedal though, they don't get much simpler). It loses a point here though because they don't include a manual in the box. You can download the pdf here. // 9

Sound: At the moment my rig is as follows: Epiphone Les Paul Std> Rat 2> J&H JPT-10 Tuner> Zvex Vexter series Fuzz Factory> Visual Sound V2 Jekyll & Hyde> MXR CSP-026 '74 Phase 90> Boss CE-20 Chorus Ensemble> Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeller> Fender FM212r I also have a bunch of other effects eg wah, Boss ds1 etc and I'm hoping to add an EHX Deluxe Memory Man to my rig and I'll be replacing my dirty old tranny amp with an Orange AD30TC in about two weeks. This is a middle of the road distortion when it comes to noise. Its not quiet, but its not noisy either. I bought my fuzz and my J&Hyde at the same time as this and before that my DS-1 was the only OD/Distortion in my rig. THAT was a noisy pedal. As long as you dont turn the volume up above 1 O'clock (I would be very surprised if you needed to) you wont suffer much noise. The distortion sound from the rat is great. You can get everything from thick, chunky, metal rhythm sounds, to smooth blues OD, to indy rock lead distortion from this pedal. The filter function makes for a nice change because you can easily get the same tone as what you've got with your rat off with a little dirt rubbed on it, or a little boost. I play a lot of Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Strokes, RHCP, and this is perfect for dark british rock sounds. Its also True bypass so true bypass snobs are covered. I love the way this pedal works for me. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It built like a brick. Nice thick casing, durable (but easily replaceable) Switch, big strong knobs. My only complaint here would be that it has rather large gaps in the casing. You could throw it at a wall multiple times and it probably wouldn't even scratch it. You spill a beer on it and its probably toast. Might even fry other pedals or even your entire rig if you use a single power supply. That said, Who puts a beer right next to their pedal board anyway? Only other problem is that it takes different power supply than most other pedals (ie standard Boss type 9v power supply). Just more hassel carrying around another type of power supply. // 8

Overall Impression: This pedal fits perfectly into my style of playing. It doesnt really work that well with my other OD/Distortion effects, but I would mostly use it on its own even if it did. I've been playing for about 5 years, but I've only been playing with effects pedals for about 2 years. In a couple of months I should have completed my rig with the addition of an EHX Deluxe Memory Man, Orange AD30TC for dirty A/B'ed with a Fender Hotrod DeVille for cleans. If this pedal were stolen or lost I would definitely buy another. I'm already considering buying another because they are so versatile. I think I've already mentioned what I love and what I dont like about it, but my favourite feature is the way that the filter works. It makes it a different type of pedal to those that have standard tone controls. I mentioned before that I bought this at the same time as a Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde OD/ Distortion and a Zvex Fuzz Factory. With all these pedals at my disposal (as well as a Boss DS-1 for a backup) I can get just about any Distortion sound you could possibly think of or want, and the rat contributes just as much as any of my other pedals. Only thing that I wish it had is a standard power adapter plug. Otherwise fantastic. // 9

Rat 2 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 25, 2009

Ease of Use: This pedal is very easy and simple to use. It has three knobs on it, Distortion, Fliter, and Volume. Pretty simple. I have multiple different settings I have found to like on this. Though mine did not come with a manual, I doubt one is needed really. I use an adapter, but the battery compartment is super easy to work with if I need to put/remove a battery. No tools are needed to excess the battery compartment. // 9

Sound: My setup is a ESP ltd Viper-400, Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH, into this pedal alone into my amp (Fender 212R). This is not noisy at all except for a little fuzz when its not in use (but I thik thats my guitar). I normally have distortion at 2 o'clock and the filter all the way down with the volume adjusted at whatever level I need it at the time, and it gives me I nice aggressive punchy tone (nice punk or alternative). With the distortion at same (2 o'clock) and the filter at 12 or 2 o'clock you can get a nice thick smooth Black Sabbath sounding. This pedal can achieve many sounds easily, From Black Sabbath to any punk era. With my viper's EMG's it gets super nice Metallica! // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had this pedal for a few years now and I can say This is a very reliable pedal. Not much other then the Knobs could break off I suppose and those arnt gonna be falling off anytime soon. I've only had small scale gigs with it, and many jams with this and it holds perfectly fine. I would depend on this pedal through any disaster without a backup! // 9

Overall Impression: I play lots of Alternative and just hard rock altogether, and this works fine for any rock/hard rock music really good. Anything I've played from 70's to 90's it hasn't failed me...except for any form of nu-metal, black metal, grindcore etc...Not meant for anything like, but I don't play those genre's so that is ok with me. I have been playing 4 years and I have played other distortions like Boss DS-1, Danelectro Black Coffee, Marshall Guv'nor, Boss Metal Zone and this is by far the best out of those. If this pedal were lost or stolen, good chance I will go buy another to replace it, I think this pedal is just super. // 9

Rat 2 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 12, 2012

Purchased from: guitar center

Ease of Use: This is the kind of pedal I like: 3 knobs, distortion, filter (a fun one), and volume. I play mainly grunge, punk, and alt. Rock, and I can get a sound that is mine out of this. My search for the perfect distortion fr me is over. // 10

Sound: It's a great sounding, gritty distortion. I'm running a Fender Jaguar with DiMarzio Super Distortions into to this baby, to a Cry Baby, to a Ibanez CF-7, into my Rivera Knucklehead 100 amp and cab. It's goes give feedback at high volumes, but is a distortion pedal, so duh. I can get a good sound like a lot of my favorite band, like Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Green Day, and The Vaselines. And by the way, this is NOT a crazy heavy metal distortion. // 10

Reliability & Durability: If Bosses (btw I've broken a Boss on stage before HA) are tanks, these RAT 2s are f--king nuclear bomb shelters. I've dropped it literally off of everything I could have by now. // 10

Overall Impression: I absolutely love this pedal. I play punk, grunge, and alternate, and this fits those genres perfectly. I also own a (broken) DS-1, and a Big Muff, and this beats both of them. Before buying this, I played every other distortion pedal in GC. This one beat them all. The most interesting feature is definitely the filter knob. It works sort of like a reversed tone knob. I've been playing and gigging for 5 years now, and I wish I had this pedal 5 years ago. Would have save a lot of effort to find the distortion for me. The perfect combo of hard rock distortion and crazy grungy fuzz. // 10

Rat 2 Reviewed by: guitar351, on may 24, 2012

Purchased from: Friend

Ease of Use: The Rat 2 is a very simple, and very versatile sounding pedal. It can go from Pre-60's Blues to Motley Crue, but doesn't really well with Death/Hardcore Metal. It has 3 knobs. Distortion controls the gain, the filter has a backwards sweep where 9 O'clock is very trembly and 3 O'clock has more of a Bass oriented sound. The volume controls, well, volume. Kinda self explanatory. But it is a great Blues to Classic Metal Pedal. Wish it had a tiny bit more gain, but it is quite the tone machine! // 7

Sound: I have had my Rat 2 for about 4 months now and use it with either a Epi Dot With Dimarzio 36th Annaversary PAFs, LTD Viper 500 with EMG 60/81 set. I play through a Bugera V22 with a Rocket 50 speaker at home or a Marshall TSL 100 watt head and a 1960a cab at school. There is very little noise, even when distortion is high (of course the Epi will feedback, but thats because its a semi-hollow body) and it is a pedal with a lot of meat and punch in it. An 8 because it has a great sound, and I would only give a 10 to a tone that made me tear up because of the beauty and depth of it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing is a tank. I've dropped an Armour piercing tank round (only the tungsten head, not the entire casing), and it had a tiny scratch. Thing is built to stand world war 3. I use it regularly to gig w/out trouble. Pretty damn reliable. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly blues and experimental rock, and this pedal is a tone machine. I have been playing 6 years and have owned about 10 various guitars through the years and keep getting new ones, and I'm looking to upgrade the Bugera for an Engl or Splawn. I have quite the collection of effects, and this is the most reliable and steady by far. I would replace it in a heartbeat if it was stolen, and I got it for 10 bucks from a friend, so I doubt I'd find that price again. Great pedal, great tone, great reliability. // 8

Rat 2 Reviewed by: Most_Triumphant, on may 25, 2012

Ease of Use: Basic dirt pedal, 3 knobs distortion, filter, and volume. Distortion increases when you turn the know clockwise. The filter was a little confusing at first: instead of increasing treble by turning it to clockwise, it increases in treble by turning it counter-clockwise. The volume pedal makes the pedal louder (duh). The manual told you how to set it up, and how the knobs work. It takes a 9 volt or an adapter. I have a slight beef with Proco though, it has a positive jack, instead of the normal (Boss style) negative jack. I had to buy a special adapter for my pedal board. Instead of the 8/10 because they do make some 1/0 knob pedals. // 8

Sound: I use this pedal in my rig, my rig usually consists of an Epiphone G-400 faded or a Fender Stagemaster SSS -> Octave Fuzz -> Crybaby Wah -> Boss SD-1 -> Proco Rat 2 -> Vintage Phaser -> Traynor YCV20. The pedal is very quiet on my SG, and makes some good humming with the Fender. It hums on the Fender because it has single coils. I love the versatility of this pedal! It can do classic Metallica and Sabbath to Lynyrd Skynyrd, Zeppelin, and Boston. When I play it through my Fender, I can get some really nice creamy Pink Floyd tones. I like the Rat's ability to break up and really bite. It won't to over-the-top distorted metal, but for most purposes, it works extremely well. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm pretty sure this pedal could go to hell and back, and the only damage might be a few little scorch marks from the fire. It is house in an all metal housing. I could definitely (and I have) gigged with out a backup. This pedal is built like a tank, and could probably survive a shot from one. // 10

Overall Impression: I normally play classic rock/metal, with some newer stuff mixed in. I've been playing for 7 years, and I've owned a mess of distortion/overdrive pedals, and this is one of my favorites. If it was lost or stolen, I would most likely buy another one. Overall, I am very impressed with this pedal. // 8

More Pro Co reviews rating category latest review