Black Cat Moan Review

reviews (2) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Black Cat Moan Reviewed by: M.V., on july 01, 2010

Price paid: € 102

Purchased from: www.audio-pro.si

Ease of Use: Roc Black Cat Moan is really great Wah and it's got two great effects too. I was really impressed when I got it. The pedal is great. It's really nothing hard to use it. When I got it, I didn't think, that the Wah is so ease for use. Except tce button "Combine Moan/Wah" is the one that I don't understand, becouse it doesn't change anything. It's just brilliant. // 9

Sound: The Black Cat Moan makes really good sounds with some effects on the amp, with some effect I don't hear myself doing wah. It's good for clean, but if you really want the distrotion and turn the Moan Gain up. The moan gain is like a distrotion, the moan effect (that's the second button) makes a bit harmonic sound, so it isn't for power chords. Really great sound. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It really is hard like a daimond and heavy like lead. The greatest part of it all is the pedal: it's on the mechanical principle, still got the sprockets. Except the Moan On/Off button is a little hard to press, but that's the kind of buttons, but it's really great, becouse you can Switch it while the playing. // 10

Overall Impression: I was really impressed. It's great for Santana solos. I'm playing it for about a year and it's my first pedal. Everything I buy is the last one in my country, like Moan. It really is amazing, no comments. It's also for the bass, it's cool for use it for low tones. // 10

Black Cat Moan Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 16, 2010

Purchased from: guitar center

Ease of Use: The pedal is amazing ...once you figure out how to use it. The pedal itself is easy, but once you start using the moan setting, it my take a while. The pedal is still great though. On the left side, there is a 3 way selector switch, ther is classic, normal, and bass. The classic is more hendrix and better on a cleaner setting. The normal is for modern rock, and more distorted. And the bass is for a bass guitar. On the right side is the moan settings. There is a moan knob, and a gain knob.Then there is a button to kick on the moan effect. And right infront of that, there is a combo button to combine the moan and the normal settings. // 8

Sound: I use an Ibanez art100, and a Peavey Vypyr 15.It gets a little noisy once you kick on the moan, but other than that, it is good. The way is very nice, once you kick on the moan, you really get the low and mids out of it, and it sounds great.When you combine the moan and the normal, you get a little more top end, and a good solo sound. // 8

Reliability & Durability: when I play, I get into the music, and play my gear hard. But, I know when I step on this pedal, it will hold up. I use Wah pedals a lot when I play, and I would feel safe just having this one with no back up.I trust the people at Rocktron and I know that make strong gear over there, and I woulndt think twice about the durabiliy of the pedal. // 9

Overall Impression: I like to play metallica, and nirvana.I think the pedal does a pretty good job on the metallica solos. I have been playing for a few years, and I had a Behringer hellbabe, and it wasn't very good. If this was stolen, I would find out whp did it, and kick there ass:) But...if I coldn't find them, I would have no problem getting another one. I love that ithas a boult in distortion on it. But I wish the distortion was a better quality, then the pedal would be perfect. When I was researching Wah pedals, I saw this one and loved it, but the video was a little scetchy, the guy had like 5 other effects plugged in, and I didn't know what the Wah pedal was alone. But I had a gut felling, and it was right. I love the pedal but i wish the distortion wa a better one, other than that, the pedal is great. // 9

More Rocktron reviews rating category latest review
+ Reaction Hush 7.4 Guitar Effects 07/24/2014