Guitar Silencer Noise Reduction Review

manufacturer: Rocktron date: 12/13/2012 category: Guitar Effects
Rocktron: Guitar Silencer Noise Reduction
 Ease of Use: 10
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Guitar Silencer Noise Reduction Reviewed by: MiKe Hendryckz, on december 13, 2012

Price paid: C$ 129.99

Purchased from: Fleet Pro Audio and Sound

Ease of Use: This pedal is incredible. I am a lead guitar player for progressive punk metal stuff a la Dillinger Escape Plan, Protest The Hero, Every Time I Die, Architects, Gallows type stuff. I always wondered how guitarists had such nice solid stop starts in their mathematical playing. I.e. breakdowns and chugs and stop start sweeps etc. This pedal was as easy as buying it and plugging it in. The knobs just have to be set according to the volume. Turn it on and you will notice an INSTANT increase in overall tonal quality, clarity and beauty. // 10

Sound: I play this through my Line 6 Spider Valve and use my trusty Ibanez JEM. I run this pedal at the front right off my guitar, I have my fuzz face and Wah running on the Rocktron's True Bypass Route and then have my valve booster and Overdrive pedal right in front of the amp. Running the Overdrive boosters for solo output maxing is killed by the hush technology if you have it running through the bypass loop so I put it in front. This pedal is the cat's pyjamas. It is amazing how quickly my playing has "improved" since I bought this. All the little nuances you couldn't hear before in your playing ring out. For example I wrote a very complex sweep passage for one of my bands songs. I was convinced I wasn't playing it properly for months. I would spent hours practicing the passage. Once I bought the Guitar Silencer I realized I had been playing it perfect all along my tone just wasn't able to let it ring out appropriately. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I depend on this pedal now, I will not play without it. I love it more then anything I cannot believe I waited so long to buy a noise gate. This is the best noise gate on the market. Buy it, Love it. The pedal will completely cut out your tone when it is low on batteries so you know what is up; although it doesnt give you a warning for this so the first time my pedal was runnning out of battery juice I thought It had broken. Its got a rugged steel exterior that complements my style and I would be suprised if even Zakk Wylde could break this thing with his military boots. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all types of genres on my own time from reworking Hendrix passages to playing along with Veil Of Maya to dicking around with some buddies around the fire playing some Sublime. If there is an electric guitar involved from now on, I want my Rocktron Noise Gate. I would rather have a default amp and cab and no pedals and just the Noise Gate then a Mesa 5150 stack and all the pedals in the world. Without this Noise Gate there is no point. I always used to get about 3-4 hours into my practicing when my ears would start to kind of hurt. From all the annoying feedback and crap slightly playing in your ears the whole time. This ELIMINATES IT COMPLETELY! I LOVE THIS NOISE GATE! I LOVE ROCKTRON! I knew nothing about them before this, the guy at Fleet recommended this to me told me it was the best one and I agree whole-heartedly.

// 10

More Rocktron reviews rating category latest review
+ Hush Super C 4.2 Guitar Effects 05/03/2013