Prophesy II Review

7.5
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Prophesy II Reviewed by: TheLegendaryNJ, on may 14, 2009

Ease of Use: Easy and Complex at the same time! Plug and play if you wish, the very first effect is a amazing custom rock/metal solo tone. Switching from preset to preset should be a breeze for any guitarist, no manual necessary. Basic high/mid/low/presence tone editing is very easy and may only take a brief glance at the manual for the average player, at most. But at las, you can Switch editing pages for any preset and begin your endless sea of editing which will require a thorough book reading. Pre and post effects, Pre tones and Post tones, Different Frequencies settings. With these features you can do more than customize your tone, You can make virtually any sound. My only operation complaint!, there is no blank bank slots to save your own effect. YOU MUST save over one of your 127 presets to keep your custom effect. No worries though, you will find a handful of a amazing presets, as well as handful of useless ones to overwrite. // 9

Sound: Bottom line this is premier digital tone. I'm using it through a Randall RT-2 power amp. And although the price is high, I do believe the Prophesy sounds just as good (with more versatility) or better than the a lot of tube preamps. It's hard to get a awesome warm clean tone out of the Prophesy. But it can be done, with a little heart. I've read of plenty of Jazz players amongst other styles that are not rock and Overdrive based using this preamp. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Mine, has a volume problem with right channel. it's interment, and naturally when I sent back they saw no problem with it. In the process of trying to compensate for my right channel volume issue I blew my Randall poweramp and had to have that fixed. I knew another guy that blew his VHT using a Prophesy II. Maybe quincedence. But I have yet to nail the problem with it and I can't rate the reliability very well. // 4

Overall Impression: I've been playing prog/rock/metal for 8-9 years and as far as what's out there this is my Machine. If for reason I can not solve my product issue I believe I would purchase another Prophesy. Rocktron customer service has been amazing. You will probably need a midi foot-Switch doing more than recording with processor. // 8

More Rocktron reviews rating category latest review
+ Reaction Hush 7.4 Guitar Effects 07/24/2014