Tri-Wah Review

manufacturer: Rocktron date: 03/25/2010 category: Guitar Effects
Rocktron: Tri-Wah
You will love the Rocktron Tri Wah selectable mode wah pedal with its three-position switch that allows you to choose from normal, classic and bass modes.
 Ease of Use: 10
 7.5
 9.2
 5.7
reviews (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Tri-Wah Reviewed by: Metallica Meat, on august 11, 2008

Purchased from: MusicGORound

Ease of Use: It is Very easy to use, and like most pedals, you can adjust the action on it with the allen wrenches it comes with. There are 3 presets: normal, classic, and bass, in witch you can also play a bass through. The manual actually doesnt't really cover alot, it covers the real basics. // 10

Sound: The setup I'm using is with a Marshall 30 watt, an RP80, and my Schecter. It is a very good sounding pedal, very classic. The "normal" preset is probably the weakest of the three. You can get sounds like Jimi Hendrix and along the lines of Kirk Hammett, but those are just the people I try to sound like. "Normal" is sorta weak, while "classic" has to be the most powerful. "Bass" sounds cool on guitar, but it is meant for bass. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I could depend on this because it's built like a freaking tank, as most wah's should be. I would use it without backup, but you should always have backup just in case. It would seem very reliable but I still wouldn't want to drop it from 30 feet. Like all pedals (most anyways), it is built sturdy, made for massive foot-movement. And if this is your first wah, you'll be using it a lot. // 9

Overall Impression: The style of music I play is classic rock and hard rock so this really matches great. I have been playing for about a year and a half and use an RP80, and a Marshall 30 watt with this pedal. I wish I would have really known how to use a wah perfectaly in the first place, but practice makes perfect. I would buy it again if it were stolen but only if it was a little cheaper. I love that is just so easy to use. This product rocks because, why get a "Classic Crybaby Wah" when you have 3 built in here? I don't know why. I chose this because it sounded like the Crybaby and was the least expensive. Since this was my first wah, I never knew how to turn it off. I feel stupid now because it is quite simple. But the manual doesn't even cover that. // 9

Tri-Wah Reviewed by: FatStrat95, on march 25, 2010

Purchased from: TRIPLE R GEEETAR

Ease of Use: You punch it down then move your foot back and forth and punch it down to turn it off, pretty simple normal Wah stuff lol... There is a few mods for it I believe not to sure on it my friends been toying around with moding a Wah and I think I might try one on this one... // 10

Sound: I play a 95' Fender MIM strat and a Hamer Tele with this into a US Fender blues devile and this thing sounds pretty sweet.. I mean its not the greatest Wah but I mean for the money and for the effectiveness of the 3 settings its pretty sweet and you could get a sound you want... I think it could use a bit more of a sweep but that's just me... It does sound nice though overall... // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing is really built like a monster, I mean I kick it around sometimes when I'm really getting into jamming and this thing takes it and throws it right back... The only slight down thing I could find in it would be the 3 way Switch in between the settings and the 9v power adapter could be in better spots but its not really a problem of playability... // 9

Overall Impression: I first thought uh cool a Wah with 3 different settings for the price of a CryBaby... So I tryed it out and thought dang this sounds pretty sweet, got it home and real toyed with it and was like wow this puppys pretty slick, through a little bit of delay and some chorus and it sounds heavenly... Sound good by itself too... I would probably buy one again and maybe have a friend test it to see if they want it, but I won't swear by it or anything... Overall pretty good buy. // 9

More Rocktron reviews rating category latest review
+ Hush Super C 4.2 Guitar Effects 05/03/2013