BOSS DS-1 Review

manufacturer: Roland date: 06/28/2010 category: Guitar Effects
Roland: BOSS DS-1
Very Easy Pedal To Work With. Its easy to get a good sound if you know where the 'sweet spot' settings are.
 Ease of Use: 9
 8.8
 8.5
review (1) pictures (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
BOSS DS-1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2010

Ease of Use: Very Easy Pedal To Work with. Its Easy To Get A Good Sound If You Know Where The 'Sweet Spot' Settings Are. It's Dark Orange, 3 Knobs: Tone, Level, Distortion. And There Is Also a 9v AC Adapter Input.(adapter not included)Entirely Made Outta Metal. Its Gonna Take A Couple Of Armegedons To Break This Baby. There Is A Manual. You don't need it though. A monkey could figure it all out. Lol. But it basically just shows you a couple sample settings. I suggest you find your own sound though. My unit has not been upgraded and I don't look forward to doing that. // 9

Sound: I'm Using A Fender Squier Strat, And A Pretty Big Silvertone 26w Amp. Its Very Noisy. It Gets A Buzz & Fuzz Everytime I Mess with the pickup on my strat. The Effects Are GREAT. They Always Sound Great If You Know What Your Doing With The Settings. I Can Get The Great Sound Of My Fav Artist Kurt Cobain. Nirvana Is My All Time Fav Band. Distortion Is Superb. I Don't Really Like Too Much Tone On It Though. It Makes It Sound Sorta Weird. Idk, Can't Explain It. Haha. (Note: when the 9v battery starts to ware out, the sound is very poor and sour.) // 9

Reliability & Durability: I Can most definantly depend on this bad boy. It hasn't Failed Me Yet. I Can Always Depend On This Baby. I would Most definantly take it to a gig. Although it wont fail me, I'd take an extra 9v battery just in case. Other Than that, you can take to gigs and stomp on it all day without worrying about it breaking. JUST REMEMBER! EXTRA 9v BATTERY. // 8

Overall Impression: I Play mostly Nirvana. It is a great match. Kurt used this pedal on the recordings of Bleach And Nevermind. I've Been Playing For 7 Months. Even Though its my first pedal, I will always use this pedal. I will always cherish it. I don't wish I wouldve asked anything about the ds1 cause its perfect. If it were stolen/lost I would definantley buy another one. I love how it can match any artist from Kurt Cobain To Slash To Pearl Jam. don't Hate Anything! My Fav Feature Is The Distortion. No I haven't Compared to any other products. I Wish It Had less tone and more distortion. Overall: Great Pedal. If You Like Grunge, Buy It! // 10

More Roland reviews rating category latest review
+ Cube 20GX 9.2 Guitar Amplifiers 04/18/2014