BOSS GT-10 Review

review (1) pictures (4) 1 comment vote for this gear:
BOSS GT-10 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 05, 2012

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Online

Ease of Use: It seems to me like this has been made for the PC recorder. I had a GT-6 and it had a Harmoniser (which I found useful). The GT-10 does not. The editing side is good but not a patch (pardon the Pun) on the Vox ToneLab SE which I own as well. The two pedals are very useful for me. The GT-6 had a quality that was far better. All pedals should have a Tuner pedal separate to the others. The editing side is easy and the sounds a little over baked. // 4

Sound: I am a little disappointed with regard to the sounds and they appear muddy when trying to cutting through a live mix. I always find I have to have the two pedals hooked up and swap between the Vox ToneLab and the GT-10 with an A&B box. I always end up back on the Vox ToneLab. They both have some things better than the other but overall the Vox gets the most use. The quality I personally believe has dropped in the GT-10. The reverbs and Chorus are good on the GT-10. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Always had a Boss GT in some form and always been reliable and road worthy. The only fault I have found is when the pots loosen up over age and can cause the patches to faulter and loosing knobs. I have kept my GT-6 on the road by repairing it myself and now look forward to be proved wrong with my first few months with my GT-10. // 8

Overall Impression: I work every weekend and have for nearly 40 years "22 years of which as a Bass player and the rest as a guitarist". I currently work in Clubs, Hotels and the usual commercial venues playing all across the board with regard to styles. This is why I use a Guitar effects processor for my ever changing requirements of sound. But musicians are never happy (totally). I would not replace the GT-10 if it was stolen or lost. I would have like to have known it didn't have a harmoniser (my fault). I use a Gibson Les Paul, Fender Strat (with Texas Specials) and a Nashville Telcaster into the Guitar effects and then my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe amp. // 6

More Roland reviews rating category latest review
+ Cube 15XL 7.4 Guitar Amplifiers 07/17/2014