Mold Spore Wah Review

manufacturer: Snarling Dogs date: 01/30/2006 category: Guitar Effects
Snarling Dogs: Mold Spore Wah
This pedal starts off with three basic wah sounds, white room (thick and creamy), voodoo (midrange growl), and shaft (sharp and funky). It also has an adjustable wah pre-amp and can be used as a conventional wah.
 Ease of Use: 8
 9.4
 9.3
 9.4
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
Mold Spore Wah Reviewed by: dicky15, on january 30, 2006

Purchased from: Ebay New

Ease of Use: It is mega easy to get a good sound out of it if you have used a pedal before. The manual is ok but there really isn't any need for it because it is so simple to use. My unit hasn't been upgraded. // 8

Sound: I have been using a peavy predator plus and a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus through a orange 15crush amp they sound so awsome with it. The effects most of the time are brilliant but if you set the ring modulator to high on it it can get very squeky and horrible. You can get the sound of your favourite artists but I prefer using to get my style sound rather than play someone elses but Jimmi Hendrix sounds well good with it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I feel I could depend on it because it is built like a tank it actually weighs over 3.35 kg so yes I would depend on it. I would use it in a gig without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play alot of different styles and it fit them all really but sounds best I think with the older type of rock i.e. Jimmi Hendrix, Led Zepplin. I have been playing 6 years and I own quite alot of pedals but I think this is the best wah pedal I have ever used. I would reccomend getting a 9v adaptor otherwise you ahve to use bateries I wish I had got one of these but it dosen't bother me that much. if it were lost/stolen I would buy it again as it issuch an awesome pedal. I love that you can use the ring modulator with the wah it sounds so fregin cool. I did try it against other products from the Snarling Dogs wahs and this one came up on top because it has more functions. // 10

More Snarling Dogs reviews rating category latest review