Wonder Wah 2 Review

manufacturer: Snarling Dogs date: 08/01/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Snarling Dogs: Wonder Wah 2
The Wonder Wah 2 captures the classic or ?vintage? wah sound, but takes it a step further, adding a wider frequency range, crisp highs, deep bass and greater presence.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.3
 9.7
 8.8
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
Wonder Wah 2 Reviewed by: steve_slash, on august 01, 2006

Purchased from: Gak

Ease of Use: The wonder wah 2 has got to be one of the easiest pedals I've ever used. It's a matter of plug in and play. The manual is very basic, offering set up and troubleshooting as well as the other pedals and stomp boxes in the Snarling Dogs range. The manual doesn't have to be complex though as it's just so easy to use. // 10

Sound: I'm using My Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Marshall MG15DFX amp. The pedal has no access noise at all its a really great sound on any setting. The effects in general sound great, at first I couldnt use it very well and it was hard to get a good sound with after you flail your foot around for a bit it gets a great tone. It Hanldes Hendrix style well and handles high pitch tones on the higher frets (this is what I purchased it for). My favourite band is Guns N' Roses and I got this to play slash wah solo's as it is one of his signatures. It is good for playing songs from Civil War to Sweet Child O' Mine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I could certainly depend on this pedal. It is built like a beast as well as having the look to match. I would gig without a backup as its a heavy pedal it can surley take a good beating when giging. I'm not really heavy footed but I have huge feet and give it a good wearing at it handles fine. The looks are great on it, the dogs eyes light up when you turn it on and the dog image glows in the dark, the pedal is foot shaped and the base is a tangy green colour. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I say I play Guns N' Roses and bluesy sounding music. It suits my taste pefectly and would come in handy for many styles. I have being playing 2 years and 8 months, I own my guitar, amp and this pedal and occasionaly play slide guitar but I'm a nvoice. If I were lost or stolen I would replace it with the Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah as it has more features then this but it also costs more. This is a great basic wah pedal and its all you need for wah sounds. A great price too compared to some. It sounds great, looks great, works great. What more do you want. Go and get yourself one you wont be dissapointed. // 10

Wonder Wah 2 Reviewed by: NothingButRock, on august 01, 2008

Ease of Use: It's a Wah pedal, you put your foot down and voila! But as wahs go it is quite simple and easy to use, I certainly had no problems. The manual pretty much just described how to put the batteries in, not that you even needed it. It's all pretty self explanitory. // 10

Sound: I'm using an Epiphone G400 with a RMS G80 amp. It is slightly noisy, I will admit, however nothing that can't be forgiven. It appears to work well on most settings. The effects are exactly what I wanted it for, with nice highs and lows, it's exactly the wah I was after. I play mostly blues based and classic rock. I've been playing a fair bit of Guns n Roses with it and it handles Slash's solos quite well, I couldn't ask for more. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It may as well be built like a brick. It seems to be extremely reliable and I'd even think that after dropping it off a three story building it'd remain in perfect working order. I'd rely on it for almost anything from small pub gigs to giant concerts. When the world finally explodes into nothingness, you will notice the Wonder Wah 2 floating through space completely intact. // 10

Overall Impression: I play blues based rock and it appears to suit that perfectly. I've been playing around three years and this is the only wah I own. The only thing I wish I'd asked before buying the product is "How much are these actually worth" as I think I paid a bit to much for it. If it was lost or stolen or anything like that I'd buy the exact same wah again, I love it. It's highs are really what sold me on it. And of course the glowing eyes when it's switched on is a great bonus. Not completely perfect, but nothing ever is. But I must say, I love it. // 9

More Snarling Dogs reviews rating category latest review