Grey Fox Wah Review

manufacturer: Sonus Pedals date: 12/23/2013 category: Guitar Effects
Sonus Pedals: Grey Fox Wah
The rocking part of the pedal is very smooth and even which is another thing I look for in a wah. Again, and this is just my opinion, this is a professional wah that looks and sounds great.
 Ease of Use: 10
 9.5
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Grey Fox Wah Reviewed by: TheKingsHyway, on december 23, 2013

Price paid: € 190

Purchased from: Sonus Pedals (Online Purchase)

Ease of Use: Q: How easy is it to get a good sound out of it?: It's pretty straight forward, just plug and play like most wah's; it responds to my guitar's volume and to the tone knobs really well, at this point I can't find a negative to talk about... So that's my review of the Sonus Grey Fox Wah, I would be interested in knowing what YOU think about how it sounds and hopefully the links I listed above will help you decide whether it's the sound you have been looking for. // 10

Sound: Sound wise, to me, this sounds the same as Jimi Hendrix's wah after Roger modified it! I think the best way to describe it would be a "Liquid" type of sound. I use it with several different amp/cabs as well as with an 11 Rack; Amps used are H&K TubeMeister 36 Head, a Marshall MG100 Head, a Hartke 2000 Bass Amp Head; the Cabs (not counting the "virtual" cabs in the 11R), are Marshall Vintage Modern 4x12, a Blackstar 2x12, and two 18" Black Widow speakers, each in an individual cab. I have a couple of Strat's that I play thru it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Q: How long have you been playing? I've been playing for around 47 years or so and I enjoy just jamming or learning as well as playing in our Worship service at Church. I have owned and played it for several weeks, so I can't really comment from experience on how long it will last, but it is Hand Made and from everything I can see, feel and hear, it is rock solid and I would not hesitate to use it without a backup. The rocking part of the pedal is very smooth and even which is another thing I look for in a wah (if you have played for a while using different wah's you'll know what I mean). Again, and this is just my opinion, this is a professional wah that looks and sounds great. // 10

Overall Impression: Q: What style of music do you play? Is this a good match? I play a lot of Hendrix, Trower, as well as '50s and '60s music and I also play at church and I am very very pleased with the sounds I can get from it. I have owned and/or played a lot of wah's in the past, and for what my ears want to hear, this is it. Q: If it were stolen/lost, would you buy it again or get something else? If it were lost or stolen, I think I would get mad and sick-at-my-stomach at first, but once I recovered, I would immediately buy another one! // 10

Comments