ToneBug Chorus/Flanger Review

9.6
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
ToneBug Chorus/Flanger Reviewed by: Metalloy, on october 05, 2012

Purchased from: second hand

Ease of Use: Can't get any easier then this for a chorus/flanger pedal, just 2 knobs: Rate and depth which are pretty much self explanatory. I mainly bought it for the Metallica clean sound, where chorus is a big deal, you can hear it clearly in songs like "One". Dialing the wanted sound is easy, for I raised the depth knob a lot so I could clearly hear the change in rate, after that I turned the rate knob to the desired rate, and lowered back the Depth knob to the wanted Level; simple really and can be easily done for both the effects. // 10

Sound: I use it in my chain of pedals, through my small but great amp the Vox AC4T which is a 4watter tube amp, and play with my Washburn WI65PRO which come equipped with Seymour Duncan pups from Stock. The sound is Great, and this definitely the quietest pedal in my chain, there's absolutely no noise, not even the slightest, coming out of this pedal, only pure awesomeness. I tried both flanger and chorus, through different depth and rates, all sound it good and no weakness at all in any combination, of course not all the sounds are usable unless you're into some weird experimental music, which will do great for you as well, it is pretty versatile, it may not have eqing option in it, but I actually like it better this way, better of eqing your signal with an eq pedal anyway or even better from your amp (I only have a tone knob on my amp). I got the Metallica clean sound easily on this one, and I kept it this way, this is what I wanted for, and I'm sure you'll find your desired sound pretty easily. Note for those wondering, you can either use it as a chorus or as a flanger, not both simultaneously. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, highly dependable, great built quality, great electronics used, this is the real deal, don't be fooled by the size. I would use it without a backup, I know it wont fail me. The switch to engage this pedal don't have a high clicking sounds compared to pedals using similar switching system. // 10

Overall Impression: I play many styles, not excellent in any thought XD thrash metal, Rock, some clean stuff of my own, blues. This a really good match for any chorus or flanger situation you need, I mainly use it for cleans. I've playing for about 4 years now, and I owned this pedal for 2 months now, I know it is not a long period to properly judge durability, but in some cases you can just tell, this is a pedal that will stay for quite a while. If it were lost I would probably get another one. I love its simplicity, range of sounds, the fact that is REALLY QUIET, and sounds really good. If you're in the market for a chorus/flanger pedal, you should check it out, you wont regret it. // 9

More T-Rex reviews rating category latest review
+ Bloody Mary Distortion 9.1 Guitar Effects 06/18/2012