Ditto X2 Looper Review

Ease of Use: 9
reviews (2) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Ditto X2 Looper Recently reviewed by: glytch5, on july 28, 2014

Purchased from: Ebay store

Ease of Use: Very very easy to use, not much of a learning curve at all. I have not done much patch editing yet, but I have saved a ton of them. I have also exported a lot of music from my computer onto this thing and jammed a long to some songs. I do not know the firmware number, I am using it right out of the box. If you go to the web site they have the full manual and its VERY long and VERY detailed. Well written manuals, and well thought out product. I really like these guys. If it wasn't for Maxxon they would probably be my top effect pedal company. // 9

Sound: This thing suits my music style in ways you would never imagine with a looper pedal. The things I can do with this thing are outrageous, things that a normal person seeking out a looper would not think of. Nice true bypass, a little noise when you hit the initial loop button, and when you cancel the loop. You hear a quick "errr" sound but its pretty faint and not noticeable if you are playing over it. Of course this is not a delay, or a fuzz pedal or anything like that so I am just going to give the overall sound a 10/10, because they true bypass works flawlessly and lets face it, the loopings sound very pure. Not much to rate on sound here. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built like a tank. Solid metal construction, only thing plastic on it are the LED's and the volume pot knob. I must say the switches are real smooth and easy to "tap" instead of stomp on, the volume pot you can tell is at least a half way decent one. VEEERY nice 1/4 inch jacks, I love the jacks that TC use they are tight and and nice feeling. They really do not cut down on jacks pots and switches with their pedals, quality parts. I have not done much jamming/gigging but so far so good. Man the finish on this pedal is real sweet looking too. That off grey/brown color with sparklyness. TC pedals always look quite cool, and feel nice in yours hands! I do not think this pedal is going to fail anytime soon. // 10

Overall Impression: I dig metal music, psychedelic rock, some bluesy stuff. I just like music, but mostly heavy types. If this thing was stolen or lost I would most certainly replace it, I am MORE than happy with the product. Shoot, the Boss Loop station is like 20 bucks more I think. The boss and other loopers have drum tracks but who cares. Only thing i really don't like about it, are the tiny switches for the special functions. Their very tight and small, hard to click and just easy to damage. They are nice swishes, I wish they were just bigger, would make this thing closer to 100%

Okay for me, with this pedal I use this thing a bit "differently" than most. I am also a drummer, a much better drummer than guitarist at that. I simply love guitars and guitar gear. I use this pedal to make loops more so as a guitar song, then hop over on my kit, and hit play with this looper through my 4x12 cab and jam out to it. It is mega fun. What I have found to be REALLY cool as well, you can SAVE yours loops/songs onto your computer, in pretty damn high quality (if you convert the file to the proper format) and then you can quantize, or clean it up in a music recording program, or just burn it RIGHT to a CD, make a disc with a bunch of your songs. I then take my vic firth headphone/gunphone drummer ear phone things, and plug into a CD player and BAM! I'm jamming along to my own music, no need to jam with a buddy. I can play to my own stuff! It is a super cheap way to get some guitar recording done without a mic, or a preamp. Its all right here! I know its only 5 minutes, but heck! It can help get you on your way to writing your own music. OR you can just use it like normal people do! LOOOOVE THIS PEDAL! I really think this thing is a clever design. // 9

Ditto X2 Looper Reviewed by: fireman0179, on april 18, 2014

Ease of Use: It is incredibly easy to create a good loop. Just press once to record, once to stop and once to overdub. The pedal has unlimited overdubs and the effects can be combined (half speed and reverse together) to create some really funky music. The manual is a really tiny piece of paper with the basic controls. You can use it either with a 9v battery or a 9v power supply. The problem with using a battery is that the compartment is locked with a screw. In this department there is also a switch to change the routing of the loop switch. Saving loops to your computer is really easy. Just connect and copy.

It is a perfect looping pedal for both guitarist and bass players. It is really easy to use and the added effects, the loop saving function and the dedicated stop switch are a nice extra. // 9

Sound: This is the follow-up model on TC Electronic's looper pedal: the Ditto. This version has added stereo in- and outputs and added effects. I won this one with a Facebook contest that TC did a little while back. It is a very simple looper pedal. I've been looping with it for hours already. It features 5 minutes of looping time and unlimited overdubs.

The controls are just the same as the original Ditto except for the extra effects you can choose: a reverse mode, a half-speed mode and a dedicated stop switch. There is a little switch to select what effect you want to use. The sound of this little pedal is amazing. I plugged it into the effects loop of a Mesa Boogie Express 5:50+ head. But you can also use the looper in front of the amp. There is no background noise, except when I use the half speed mode. Then there is a little more noise.

There is also a USB input so you can load up loops made by your favorite TC-artist. It's very easy. Just connect it and copy a backing track or one of those StarJam loops and start playing. The pedal comes with a USB-cable, the starters manual and 2 strips of rubber that you can stick to the pedal if you're not going to use it on a board. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The pedal feels very solid. There are two buttons, one big volume knob and two little switches to control the effects, and to delete the backing track and adjust the backing track volume. The finish looks quite nice on the pedalboard and the two lights are bright enough. I don't know if the lights are visible in full daylight. The switches feel quite nice and I can activate the pedal easily. I don't know how these will last but for know they seem very solid. The whole pedal is made out of metal. // 8

Overall Impression: I've created quite a few loops already. I really love the effects. When the half speed mode is activated you can also record and after deactivating, that loop plays twice as fast. It gives you the ability to play solo's really fast. I got this one for free, but if I needed a new looper I would have chosen the Ditto X2 or the normal Ditto. If you don't need the extra effects and dedicated stop switch, just go for the normal Ditto. I have found that the stop function is really nice if I need to stop a loop immediately. Tapping the loop button twice also stops playback, but it is just not that fast. // 8

More TC Electronic reviews rating category latest review