Rottweiler Distortion Review

manufacturer: TC Electronic date: 06/25/2013 category: Guitar Effects
TC Electronic: Rottweiler Distortion
Very simple to use - has a voice switch as well as a gain, treble, level & base controls. This makes it easy to get a host of sounds!
 Ease of Use: 9
review (1) pictures (2) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Rottweiler Distortion Reviewed by: LastHorizon82, on june 25, 2013

Purchased from: Richtone music

Ease of Use: Very simple to use has a voice switch as well as a gain (err not sure why), treble, level & base controls. This makes it easy to get a host of very bad sounds! There is no toneprint on this pedal. Maybe because nobody will use it. Has one screw battery access that is great for quick battery changes. No manual just a sticker & Ad sheet. // 9

Sound: I have used this pedal alone & in a chain through a Blackstar ID:30, Line 6 Spider Jam & a Marshall MG 30 all with my Ibanez RG1XXV and my Gibson LP Studio & imo it sounds bad... Just bad! I don't down tune much except drop d sometimes so that may be the major problem but apart from that the gain control does virtually nothing. I first thought I had a dodgy/broken pedal until I signed up to TC Electronics website and found the most commonly asked questions about the pedal was "is my gain control broke as it seems to do nothing?" and TC's reply was "It's meant as a slight saturation control only." Imo it does sound pretty decent for shred BLS style but for anything including palm muting (I.e. METAL:?) I just find it awful. Its that any type of palm muting, fast/slow is all Pick on string rather than chug... Imo A metal pedal that sucks for palm muting! Whatever next? 5/10 for decent lead tone but my tiny mind just doesn't get this pedal. // 5

Reliability & Durability: Bomb proof like all TC Elactronic pedals. I have 3 on my board already & they are very solid & very well made. Like little metal bricks lol. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly metal/hard rock & have been playing a total of 6 years. I recently bought the Marshall & Blackstar amps & wanted to try a few pedals, so decided on this as my metal option. I chose this over the MXR Fullbore Metal & EH Metal Muff because of hype, rep and forums & is the only pedal I have done so before testing... Bad idea! Some people may like it but this is not for me.

// 4