H2O Liquid Chorus And Echo Review

manufacturer: Visual Sound date: 01/13/2009 category: Guitar Effects
Visual Sound: H2O Liquid Chorus And Echo
H2O Liquid Chorus & Echo continues the Visual Sound tradition of combining two professional quality effects into one reasonably priced pedal.
 Ease of Use: 8.5
 8.7
 8.5
 8.8
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
H2O Liquid Chorus And Echo Reviewed by: GrungeBeatle, on may 17, 2005

Ease of Use: Once again, Visual Sound has paired up two effects into one pedal. This pedal came with a small manual with some suggested settings to help you start off. Because this is two effects in one, it is often confusing to find settings for both effects that work good together, but it has a great range. // 8

Sound: I use this pedal with a Fender Telecaster and a Marshall MG100HDFX and it sounds great. Like previously stated, finding the perfect setting can be a little time consuming if you are as anal about your settings as I am, but it is well worth the time. I usually use this pedal for soloing, especially the echo, and it adds another dimension to your sound; it can turn any little club into an arena. This pedal has also worked its way into being part of my band's signature sound. It is great for alternative bands and experimental music. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is very durable. Like Electro-Harmonix, this pedal has a metal casing with a button instead of pedal making it easy to select the seperate effect instead of hitting both. The one major thing I have against this pedal is that it drains batteries. Although I would not need a backup for it, I do bring a couple packs of batteries. On average I change the batteries once or twice a week. It is absolutely necessary to buy the power adapter for this pedal, you don't want to be in the middle of a gig and have to change the batteries. // 6

Overall Impression: With the battery problem put aside, this is a great pedal. I've been playing in a punk/grunge band for about three years and this pedal is a recent but overused addition to my rig. This pedal can add a whole new sound to your playing, or just make your old sound better. If this was stolen or lost, I would probably replace it seeing how it is one of my workhorses. // 8

H2O Liquid Chorus And Echo Reviewed by: Tackleberry, on january 13, 2009

Ease of Use: I'm gonna say mine was used as new they were 190 and mine was half that but you couldnt ell it was used by looking at it. Easy to use. Your basic chorus controls speed, width, and delay time. Delay time is misleading as it's more of a tone control than anything. The echo has time, repeats, and mix, also a long/short switch. // 9

Sound: I use it with various guitars, pedals and amps. I change my set up around alot. I did really like the how the chorus sounded. I used it a lot to get a 12 string effect and lighter chorus with distortion. Sometimes I used it in the loop of my tube amp other times I had it set up to send the signal to 2 clean amps. Definatly works better after any distortion. I never really used the echo side much. When using a battery the echo side being digital would eat the batt pretty fast. If you just used the analog chorus side it would last a decent amount of time on a batt. So your gonna want an adapter if you use it a lot or on stage. Mine came set up with 1 output dry signal the other was wet. I took it apart and moved a wire so it was both outputs wet. It wasn't stereo either way but I liked it with both outputs being chorus. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Its a very well made pedal for sure. Only problem I ever had with was when I first got it somebody had apparently dropped it as one of the pots on the echo unit was screwed up. But I sent it back and Visual Sound fixed for nothing. After that never had a problem with it. But you get what you pay for it was well made and wouldn't expect it to just quit for no reason. // 10

Overall Impression: For what I use a chorus pedal for it did a good job. It didn't do anything crazy or have a billion settings. But it was analog I'm not a fan of digital. I am selling it soon as I plan to get the newer version of it, the stand alone liquid chorus. So I'm just trading not getting rid of. // 9

More Visual Sound reviews rating category latest review