LIquid Chorus Review

manufacturer: Visual Sound date: 07/29/2011 category: Guitar Effects
Visual Sound: LIquid Chorus
It's very easy to operate. You do have to mess with it to figure out what you want it to do. The manual doesnt help much it has a few pictures with presets. This newer version has 4 controls speed, width, delay time and depth. The depth adds alot to how it sounds.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.7
 Ease of Use: 9.3
 9.8
 9.5
reviews (3) 1 comment vote for this gear:
LIquid Chorus Reviewed by: Tackleberry, on january 23, 2009

Purchased from: Musicisians friend

Ease of Use: Its very easy to operate. You do have to mess with it to figure out what you want it to do. The manual doesnt help much it has a few pictures with presets. This newer version has 4 controls speed, width, delay time and depth. The depth adds alot to how it sounds. You can get a light Vintage style chorus to a very deep underwater sound. There is an internal Switch to set it to 1 dry/1 wet output or true stereo. My older one I had to open it up and use a solder iron to set this. But as its true stereo not sure why you would change the setting anyways. // 9

Sound: I use with a few different guitars. 2 LPs 1 with hot humbuckers in it another with p90s, a Carvin, a 24.75 scale squire and my drop tuned strat with EMGs. Right now I have it set up after all my other effects to send the signal to 2 amps on opposite sides of the room. One sides signal goes thru a delay pedal to add some reverb. It took some getting use to as they apparently made it so it has treble boost. So it will definatly brighten your tone. At first I wasnt to sure about this aspect of the pedal. But now I like it. Just gotta change some settings in other places. I wasnt aiming for any specific tone or artist with this pedal. Never known AC/DC or sabbath to use chorus. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I havent had it very long but it looks durable enough. And as well built as the previous Visual Sound chorus I had. The battery is easy enough to get to and the door doesnt fall off where it would be easy to lose. But I run it off a power supply so it may never see a battery. Im not afraid to step on it like other plastic pedals. // 9

Overall Impression: I did alot of research before I bought this one. It does what I need it to do. Its stereo and analog just what I was looking for. And has a smaller footprint than the older one I had. It doesnt have a bunch of digital things it does. Just a basic chorus pedal. If it was stolen I would get another one. // 10

LIquid Chorus Reviewed by: brucehead, on march 03, 2009

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: It is a simple, easy-to-use pedal with a manual supplying you with settings for any sound you want. I fell in love with it the day I got it. it's shape is a bit difficult for your pedal board as it could take up two spaces depending on how it is configured but aside from that it works great. Since I got it December 2008, I have not gotten it upgraded. // 9

Sound: I practice with it by using a MicroCube and it sounds great. Performing I use a Line6 Spider III and it sounds better. It has a full sound. Regardless of what sound you want it has it. When we did a cover of "867-5309" I turned it to the 70s Chorus setting that you can find in the manual and it sounded exactly like it. it's knobs set it to almost any kind of chorus you want but it will require a lot of experimenting. The effects are wonderful. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is easy to use and has an incredible circuit board which makes it almost impossible to screw up. I've used it in gigs and I shall continue. It's sound goes great if you are playing loud or soft. Unlike most pedals this won't make your volume go up like 20 decibels forcing you to change everything, it'll keep it's sound no matter what. // 10

Overall Impression: If you are looking to play funk, rock, disco, or pop, then this is the pedal for you. I would definitely buy it again if it was lost. The only thing to dislike about it is it's price but it is easily worth it. It is easy to modify to whatever sound you need and it's depth, delay time, speed, and width knobs truly modify your sound to whatever you need. It gets great reviews for a reason. It is a great pedal. // 9

LIquid Chorus Reviewed by: wazupwiop, on july 29, 2011

Ease of Use: The Visual Sound LIquid Chorus pedal is a great pedal for any style of playing. Whether it is used for clean sounds or for rock leads, it is fun to use, easy to find a sound, and works well with other pedals. This pedal is full of functionality. It has an internal Switch and two outputs. The internal Switch controls the second output. The second output can be either a dry signal or a stereo output, depending on how you set the switch. The Switch is easily accessed, and it really makes the pedal much more versatile. After ten minutes of toying around with the pedal, I found what worked best for me. I like a slow chorus sound for most of my clean stuff, but this pedal really adds something to distorted chords and leads. // 10

Sound: My setup is: Guitar->Crybaby->Bad Monkey->Jekyll and Hyde->Boss DD20->Liquid Chorus->Amp The pedal sounds great and doesn't add any hum or hiss. However, if you have hum from other pedals like an OD or a distortion, you might hear the chorus affect on the hum from your other pedals. The pedal doesn't add to the hum though. I have used this pedal with a variety of guitars and amps. It is a great pedal. I use this in church settings quite frequently for chords and quiet leads. It adds a nice sound to the mix, and it works great with volume and delay pedals for swells. It is slightly different than a traditional chorus. The Boss CE-2 sounds slightly different. If you want the "traditional" chorus sound go for the Boss chorus. I like this pedal though, it has something different that I really like. It sounds very similar to the TC Electronics chorus pedal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This pedal is built like a brick. I have used the Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde for over a year and a half now with no problems to speak of. This pedal has been solid. No issues what'soever. As long as you are not submerging this pedal under water or dropping a 20 ton weight on this thing, you have nothing to worry about. The switches are rated for a million stomps; good luck breaking this thing, because I doubt this thing would break under normal gigging usage. // 10

Overall Impression: I play every style of music known to man. This pedal works in multiple styles, just get it tuned in on the right settings. If my house burned down today, I would immediately go out a start a new pedal board with all Visual Sound products. I own several different brands of pedals, but Visual Sound pedals are durable, quality pedals that will last a lifetime. Boss was the standard for durability, but Visual Sound has them beat. The guys at Visual Sound are innovative and they really know what they are doing in regards to making guitar effects. Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase. I am glad I bought this pedal, and I recommend Visual Sound pedals to all my friends. If you haven't tried out VS pedals yet, get to your local music store and try them out; you won't be disappointed. // 10

More Visual Sound reviews rating category latest review