Sparkle Drive Review

Ease of Use: 9
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Sparkle Drive Reviewed by: jrenkert, on july 20, 2010

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend

Ease of Use: It's pretty easy to use, but hard to fine tune. It has a volume knob, tone knob, clean knob, and a gain knob. It takes a little while to fully understand how each control relates to the others and the sounds it will, therefore, produce. The manual itself just gave a basic overview of each of the controls and didn't really get into what the pedal was fully capable of. // 9

Sound: I am pretty much a blues/classic rock guitarist a la Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, the Beatles...you know the good ol' stuff. I play through a a Gibson SG into a Vox VT. The sounds I get from this pedal are astounding, nay, amazing. When I am on my clean channel and I activate the pedal I can go anywhere from Southern rock chime to fuzzy wuzzy hendrix and absolutely everywhere else...When tacking it on to an already distorted channel it increases the depth and clarity to make it sound much much better. The Clean part of the pedal by itself can either be turned all the way up to add some texas chime or turned down to add the "sparkle" edge to your clean tone. The gain control can work in conjunction with or separate to the clean control and acts as an overdrive. The sound is quite nice and fuzz like in my opinion. The tone knob can go from dark to bright. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far so good I've had it for a month and no complaints yet, and since its made out of metal its pretty durable... If any problems do end up developing I will be sure to come back and let everyone know. However from what I know Voodoo Lab makes quality stuff so I don't expect any problems. // 10

Overall Impression: I love it! For anybody who wants to add a Shine to their tone this will do the trick. I simply cannot imagine ever playing without it now, its become such an important part of my tone. I've been playing for 8 years now and like to think that I know what I'm talking about. // 10

More Voodoo Lab reviews rating category latest review