Brit Boost Review

manufacturer: Vox date: 06/07/2006 category: Guitar Effects
Vox: Brit Boost
Give your tone extra muscle with the Brit Boost pedal. The Treble Boost setting pumps up the treble and upper middle frequencies, just like you?d expect from a vintage Treble Booster pedal.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.3
 9.3
 7.2
review (1) 31 comments vote for this gear:
Brit Boost Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 07, 2006

Ease of Use: Give your tone extra muscle with the Brit Boost pedal. The Treble Boost setting pumps up the treble and upper middle frequencies, just like you'd expect from a vintage Treble Booster pedal. In the Full Range Boost position the pedal enhances all frequencies. It adds low mids and bottom end to the Treble Boost mode and is good for pushing a slightly overdriven amp into heavy overdrive. A gain knob varies the overall gain of the pedal from mellow and warm to grinding and ripping! Plus, a tone knob adjusts the overall tonality of the pedal. Of course, there's a true bypass switch that lets your signal flow through without coloring the tone. This thing is so simple to use. It came with a manuel but you don't really need it. 3 knobs volume, tone & gain. 2 footswitches 1 Effect on/off & 1 full range/treble boost on/off. // 10

Sound: At the moment I am only using 2 different guitars with this a Gibson Tony Iommi SG and an Epiphone Custom SG. The amp is a Laney GH50L. It is noisy when you turn the volume or the tone right up on the pedal but I usually have it set about halfway. I can get the sound that I want by tuning down to a C# and this treble booster helps a lot. I also use a chorus and slapback delay effect all the time with this and for some songs a longer delay a Zaak Wylde Wah. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built of solid aluminium so it is very strong. I would use it at a gig without a backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly Black Sabbath music and am currently in the process of writing my own music so this helps alot in getting the sound that I want. I have been playing for 6 years. I own many other pedals and one other treble booster a Denio but this one beats the lot. If it were lost or stolen I would go and buy this again. I didn't compare this with any other treble boosters because this is the only one I could find at the time. // 9

More Vox reviews rating category latest review
+ DelayLab 8.9 Guitar Effects 10/09/2014