V-845 Wah Review

6.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
V-845 Wah Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 31, 2011

Purchased from: mug.se

Ease of Use: Nothing complex here. As usual it has Guitar I/o ports, and 9v DC input. You have to press it on toe to engage it, and this is the only part that I don't like(I wish it had those optical switching, but again considering its price can't demand much, we can discuss this more in latter sections. But in terms of usability nothing to complain. // 10

Sound: Ok when I bought this pedal, in stock condition the pedal in bypass mode was a massive tone sucker. PS: I am was using a guitar equipped with Dimarzio-Tonezone(18k Ohm output). It used to suck so much tone that I stopped using it until I did a True Bypass Mod.I am a total noob, and I never did any kind of mod on anything, and I was able to perform this mod fairly easily. I am a noob guitarist, and Vox V845 was my 1st Wah, and I haven't played other Wah (except in music shops). I find the Wah-effect very pleasing, I can say it can be compared to starting level Cry Baby. I feel there is a need for a little bit more depth, or may be its just me. and because this is my 1st Wah I still need to learn some proper usage of Wah-wah. I recommend running it on DC batteries to have a noise free experience. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Yes, it definitely looks like a reliable hardware. Nicely built. While playing it sometimes in excitement I put most of my body weight on it, and it stays quiet stable. I am using this pedal from past 6 months, no issues regarding durability. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, and usage of Wah has helped me in bringing lots of interesting variations to an otherwise ordinary sounding usual metal riff. As I mentioned in earlier sections that I am a below average guitar player(started like 2.5 yrs back). I usually use the Amplifier distortion, so basically the Wah output goes to Amp, but sometimes I use Boss DS-1 Distortion if I need more raw sounding distortion, also I use Zoom g1(which was my 1st effects) to get other effects. But recently after I performed a True Bypass mod on it; It has replaced all my effects, this one pedal can bring so much variation in the same riff. The price I payed was 600 SEK ~= 100 $ , yeah Sweden is a expensive country, but this was the second cheapest Wah in the shop, 1st one was Behringer Hellbabe(428 SEK). I would say it was a fair deal, I like this pedal a lot. ofcourse with more money you could always get better stuff, but for its price it is quiet satisfactory (ONLY AFTER TRUE BYPASS MOD). // 7

More Vox reviews rating category latest review
+ DA5 8 Guitar Amplifiers 10/24/2014