Wah Swell Review

6.8
 4.6
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Wah Swell Reviewed by: flaminsteve0, on february 14, 2006

Ease of Use: The Vox pedal is vintage, and fairly rare as I have searched all over the internet for. The volume swell effect is easy to use but as the unit had not been used for many years it took a while to get the wah effect to work. Now that the switches are working smoothly it easy to turn on and of the wah effect on and off just like any other wah. // 9

Sound: I use a Fender Squire California series with a 20 watt IRMS amp. I also run a Rocktech metal worker distortion pedal. The Vox is not noisy except for when the swell effect is turned up, though this noise is not that loud. I play Hendrix and with this pedal I can get his famous sounds easily. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on the pedal but would not gig without a back up because of the age of the pedal though I'm sure that it would be fine to gig with. Another problem is like other Vox wah pedals it cannot be pluged in power with the battery being a hassle to change (as it is inside the wah meaning you have to pull apart the wah to change it). // 8

Overall Impression: I play classic rock such as Hendrix, AC/DC as well a bit of Velvet Revolover and Guns N' Roses which it matches perfectly with both wah and the swell effects. I have been playing a 1 years with this being my second wah pedal also owning a ashton wah 10 pedal. If this pedal wah lost or stolen I would track it down simply for the fact that I cannot get another one as it is a rare pedal. I love the pedals vintage wah wah effect and the great swell setting allowing me to have great distortion with little gain and switch to a weaker distortion easily. The only problem I have is where to battery is stored. // 10

More Vox reviews rating category latest review
+ StompLab IG 9 Guitar Effects 04/14/2014