2100 Review

manufacturer: Zoom date: 02/26/2009 category: Guitar Effects
Zoom: 2100
33 different effects, up to seven effects at once, 13 distortion types, compressor, 2 wahs, tremolo, EQ, chrous, flanger, pitch shift, delay, reverb and ZNR, 60 patches (30 user/30 preset).
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Ease of Use: 7.5
 6.4
 7.8
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
2100 Reviewed by: cky rules 8, on july 07, 2004

Ease of Use: This was my first effects processor, and it took me a day or two to figure everytthing out. But the manual wasn't very good at all about explaining everything. // 6

Sound: It is pretty easy to editing everything. The distortions are not the greatest I've heard but they work. The chorus and flanger are nice. And the wah isn't bad either. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This thing looks very cheap and is made out of all plastic (although the bottom has a metal plate). It has never done anything to prove that it isn't dependable if I were to go on a gig, so if it were a small gig I suppose I would use it. I wouldn't recommend using force on it though, because it looks as if it might break if you did. // 8

Overall Impression: I play some types of rock and a little punk, which is sort of difficult with the distortions being as bad as they are, I wouldn't recommend it if you want good distortions. There are not a whole lot of effects on it (30-33 I believe). It isn't a bad for beginners. I am pretty sure that this is discontinued, so you can get a pretty good deal on ebay. If it were stolen i would not replace it. I think that I would probably buy a DigiTech. Overall this is good if you are a beginner and don't mind the distortions. // 6

2100 Reviewed by: rockhalford, on february 26, 2009

Ease of Use: Its easy of use, at the beginning it can be difficult just because its new for you, but then you will know how to use it and is so easy actually sometimes playing Live i change the some effects while we are playing a song. The manual is complicated, but its ok, just with the basic you can learn to use it. // 9

Sound: Sound is OK, but the Wah and the distortions are the bad points of this, distortion sounds plastic, and the wah is not so powerfull and the pedal for manual wah is not a sensible one, so is not like a real wah, I recommend use another wah, analog one. Sound. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Well, i've playing with this like two years and it has never failed me, no fails. I use it when I play Live, i love effects so this is really a help for little gigs because is small, compact, easy to bring. But for a big gig i would use it with an analog distortion pedal to make a perfect sound. // 9

Overall Impression: I play lots of Incubus songs with this, so with the effects seems so easy to play those songs, just a delay with phaser, or ring, or just delay, automatic wah, its good. I also play Tool, sometimes I use effects like delay but not too much, but for other kind of rock i just use to change clean and distortion. Anyway i think if someone stole it i would buy another but its good like your first multi-effect. The only thing i wouls make better for this product are the distortions and thewah, and put a sensible pedal on it. // 9

More Zoom reviews rating category latest review
+ G1XNext 8.3 Guitar Effects 06/09/2014