3000 Review

manufacturer: Zoom date: 08/27/2008 category: Guitar Effects
Zoom: 3000
Designed to give guitarists an arsenal of creative options, the new Zoom 3000S system combines a unique "Talking Box" effect with a headset mic, a remote expression pedal and dual distortion sounds that can be controlled using the player's picking technique.
 Ease of Use: 10
 7.4
 4.8
review (1) pictures (2) 11 comments vote for this gear:
3000 Reviewed by: r3r3r3, on august 27, 2008

Ease of Use: It's very easy creating sounds. Editing is easy as well, the manual describes step by step in a very detailed way. The model is Zoom 3000. As far as I know this unit hasn't been upgrated, but, I could be mistaken. It's been a long time I'm not interested in any other model or even searching for other models. // 10

Sound: I use a WHITE Kramer Beretta and a black Ibanez RG270 plugged into a Peavey KB-300 BW and line out from it into a Laney HCM120R. No noise at all. All the effects are strong and full of life. The distortion number 7 is absolute power. Ideal for everything I play. I can get the sound of all my artists like Megadeth, Metallica, Yngwie Mlamsteen and Impellitteri. The bad thing in this effect processor is that the buttons are very weak and theu can't function properly. Tjey're very sensitive and fragile. Mine has been working for years and no problem except for the first button, but it's ok ofcorse I just have to press it a little bit harder. I'm not one of those Who press it like if I was killing bugs. And the other bad feature is the noise reduction. The manual advices to keep it at full charge, but, I have to attack the guitar strings so hard. I rather prefer it in low numbers so I can sweap and shred confortably. Maybe with a Boss noise reduction apart could work better. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I definetely can depend on it. It's the only one I have besides the Laney Crunch Factor. It's like having 9 guitar effects in one single effect pedal. I don't have another one, so I have to depend on it. And, in case having another one, I'll not feel confident and safe playing in another ones. I've tried some pedal processors and my answer is: I feel strange. I'm in love with this little great toy. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Metal Trash, Shreding guitar Virtuoso, Heavy and Symphonic Metal and itis a perfect match for what I play. I've been playing for 14 years. I have Drums, a Washburn B-15 guitar, Crafter electroacustic guitar, Ovation electroacustic guitar and a flamenco guitar and a acustic valenciana guitar. I wish it would have a better noise reduction and a more digerible instructions manual. It's fine, but you have to re-read some things and some characteristics are a little bit tricky. If it were stolen, I'll maybe asked someone to purchase it in the United States. I'm from Mexico city. But, in the meantime Iill but it a new one from another brand because here in Mexico music dealers there's no Zoom effects. Only Boss. I love everything about ergonomics, effects and the metal distortion. I hate the noise reduction because there's so much noise reduction at high levels that you have to attack the strings so hard. My favorite feature is the distortion, the talking box, the compressor and the equalizer. I don't have point of comparison because at least Boss has a very different configuration and sound. I like their slogan: catch us if you can! I chose it because I sold my first one. ME-30 Boss difficult as hell to create a good and standar distortion. I sold it to a friend now guitarrist of my band. And then one friend Who traveled to USA got this so he sold it to me. I don't with anything more. Zoom 3000 has everything for me and beyond. // 10

More Zoom reviews rating category latest review
+ G1XNext 8.3 Guitar Effects 06/09/2014