3030 Review

manufacturer: Zoom date: 04/19/2005 category: Guitar Effects
Zoom: 3030
Smooth and precise expression pedal controls volume, wah and pitch shift and effect parameters. 32 built-in distortion, modulation and time-based effects with up to 7 that can be used simultaneously. Fully user programmable.
 Ease of Use: 8
 7.5
 8.5
 6.4
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
3030 Reviewed by: samlynch, on april 19, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: It is fairly easy (3/5) for getting a decent sound out of it. All the pedals are fully functional to swap between patches (all 56 of them). Manual - didnt have one, printed one off net and was really easy to understand. // 8

Sound: I plug a Squire Strat into it with a standard cord. I then plug the pedal into a little Squire amp (dunno what it's called). It can generate a loud noise but isn't at the best quaility (little bit of humming - more louder). 1/2 of the effects are editable so you can have custom settings, can get all kinds of soft and harsh sounds out of it. Very versitile. I can get te sound of RHCP outta it, but not of Green Day. It has step as well which is wkd. distortion od sounds bit cheap I think but still airly good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yup, I'll gig with it. // 8

Overall Impression: I play indie/rock and mainly clean setting musics outta it and gives a comparable sound (4.5/5). I have a Squire Strat and amp and this, I only have been plaing 4 months! If lost I'd get something different. I love the step bit of it. Wish it had a better display - it's only got a 88 display. // 8

More Zoom reviews rating category latest review
+ G3X 9.3 Guitar Effects 10/09/2014