606 Review

manufacturer: Zoom date: 01/19/2007 category: Guitar Effects
Zoom: 606
Built-In Expression Pedal. Drive Selector & Gain +/-Key. 35 Versatile Effects - 9 Simultaneously. Built-in Chromatic Tuner. 3 Amp Cabinet Simulators. Battery or AC Operation.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.1
 Ease of Use: 8.3
 7.5
 7.9
reviews (16) 10 comments vote for this gear:
606 Reviewed by: LedZeppelin33, on may 18, 2005

Ease of Use: This thing has so many sounds, it's amazing. Instead of going through and figuring out the sounds yourself they have the one's you need built-in. It is the easiest multi-effects pedal to use from my experiences. // 10

Sound: The sound is amazing. It ranges from Clapton's Slowhand album to Randy Rhoads to Korn and even Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, and Hendrix and beck. They even through in Stevie Vai. I have a 10 watt amp but this pedal makes it's sound like a $5000 Metallica concert amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is an extremely durable pedal. But, the batteries die pretty quick. All in a it's a neat little thing to have. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock, metal, blues. Basically, anything that sounds good to me. It fits every style perfectly. It is great for anyone who likes guitar. // 10

606 Reviewed by: Zuka, on november 28, 2005

Purchased from: Axe Music

Ease of Use: The Zoom 06 is very easy to get a great sound, no matter what your style is. Editing patches is very easy to get the hang of, as it is clearly explained in the manual. I have had the 06 for 5 months now, and no problems have come up. // 8

Sound: I am using the 06 with a Squier Strat and a Frontman 15G amp, which I have had for quite some time now. Some settings may get repetitive with the gain too high, so changing the amount of gain can help create more variety. Some of the blues/american styles personally don't sound as well to me as the rock/jazz, though that is more of a personal statement. The 06 has many pre-customized patches with sounds from artists such as Jimi Hendrix (his "psychedelic" intro in some songs), Eric Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, Jeff Beck, and Randy Bachnan (from the Guess Who). I think the Phaser and Tremolo effects stand out the most, as they sound great, and can go well with most of the pedal-assignments (wah, volume, mod/pitch, dly/rev, and drive). Echo can also add a great sound to most styles of play. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The 06 has never failed me, and it makes for a great performance. I would probably feel comfortable using it on gigs without a backup, although no matter what the model I would always feel better with a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock/punk, time to time I will play some of Hendrix's blues songs. This is a very good match for my style of play, it can imitate almost all of my favourite songs (with effects) with awesome results. I have been playing for 8 months, and I seriously considering the Deluxe Fender Stratocaster and Peavey amp to go with this pedal. I do regret asking about how many input/output ports there are. My friends have asked many times if they could use it as well. If it were stolen or lost I wouldn't hesitate to go out an buy another one. I really love the wah assignment, it sounds fantastic! I compared the 06 to a few other pedals around the same cost (unfortunately I can't name them) and this definately stood out the most. Again, I really wish it was possible for 2 or 3 people to use it at once! // 9

606 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 22, 2006

Ease of Use: The patches sound great right out of the box. With a little tweaking you can easily get the sound you want. The preset mods are just perfect for those that gets their head out on tweaking. Only problem is the patch switching-its hard to jump over, in live playing. But for home or studio use, it's good. // 7

Sound: I'm using Fender Standard Stratocaster, and a Peavey Bandit 65 watt. On high gain settings there are some buzz, not a problem for rock. adjusting the ZNR minimizes the buzzing, but the sustain is affected. Wish I could fine tune the EQ settings, they are fixed and you can't, but you can still get a great sound with it. Wish the pedal was more sensitive though, it's kinda shallow. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've been using it for 2 years, so far I just replaced the switches that trigger the patches. Once a drunk bastard accidentally stteped on it, but so far nothing happened. I don't like the plastic though, its tough on the road. I'm opting to buy something that has a metal casing, for extra protection. For me, plastic stays at home or indoors. // 5

Overall Impression: I play anything from rock to pop, and I get a good sound. I just wish I could fine tune the settings, like adding a little more depth on delays, and the EQ seetings. It's great for newbies and those that don't hassle with tweaking. Overall it's a good pedal, the pedals kinda shallow but still does the job. I recomend it for those that has a $100 budget for effects. If you have more cash to blow, I suggest you get a metal chassis. // 7

606 Reviewed by: sithian476, on december 04, 2003

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Ease of Use: This comes with 42 preset patches to go through... and most of them sound great... even though a few are incredibly bizarre although fun to mess around with. Editing them is very easy... all it takes is a twist of a knob and pressing an up or down button to adjust each category of effect. The manual is very in-depth... I was very impressed with it. // 10

Sound: I'm using a Ibanez RG370 with this pedal... it came with it (I got it for free but it sells for $100 at the store, $170 retail). Most of the patches that come preset sound great, even though some you may have to adjust your volume every time you switch. This is common sense though since gain will increase volume, but I'm going to take off one point from this category because some of them are still simply too weak. The quality of the effects are pretty nice in my opinion. There are different category of patches, and one of them includes 5 patches of artist effects, such as a "Corn" effeect (Korn im guessing) or Steve Vai... very nice. // 8

Reliability & Durability: When you first look at it, it doesn't look like it could survive a war... and of course it can't, but the feel of it feels excellent. It's durability will last quite a bit I can tell. This said, future electronic reliability is questionable because I haven't tested it for too long... just about a week. But based off what I can tell from its build, I'm sure it's internal parts will last. // 10

Overall Impression: This effect pedal is good for pretty much everyone. It's versatile but more suitable toward rockers because the patches without much gain are too weak. I'm loving it though because of it's ease of use, number of customizable effects (seems almost endless) and it's durability. Look out for this one if your looking for a good, cheap multi-effect pedal. // 8

606 Reviewed by: gboblimar, on december 04, 2003

Ease of Use: Getting a good sound of it is simple. Just a glance of the manual and the frets' on fire. // 10

Sound: I use Ibanez guitars & peavey amps. Preset patches has a great sound, and I can tailor it to fit my sound by editing the patches. One problem I can notice here is the "hiss noise". It's audible on a flanger or a phaser effect during a clean drive. However, I can minimize the noise by using the Zoom Noise Reduction stage. // 8

Reliability & Durability: 06 comes with a plastic chassis (not recommended for drunkard guitar players). It has dual power supply (batt/ AC adapter). I have often use this gear on a gig and it didn't let me down yet. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock, blues and a touch of jazz music, and so far 06 is flexible. I have Boss MT-2, Ibanez TS & a Dunlop Crybaby Wah, but i love this little gem more. My favorite patches are EVH & VAI. 06 is packed with great sound modules at a reasonable price. I wish Zoom could do some improvements on switching between the patches. I recommend this gadget to all novice and intermediate guitar freaks. // 10

606 Reviewed by: gregmccormick, on december 08, 2003

Purchased from: V.L. Music, St. Stephen, N.B.

Ease of Use: The Zoom 06 is fairly easy to figure out, considering it was my first pedal. The instruction manual is explained awkwardly but it easy after you get used to the words. Editing patches is simple now, it only takes a few minutes. // 8

Sound: I play with my Godin SD guitar, which you may not have heard of, but has a very nice sound, and I usually play on my Marshall Valvestate VS65R 150 watt amp. It can get very noisy using high levels of gain, but I dont usually, so there is not too much of a problem. The effects are fairly strong, with the exception if the Wah, which is very weak. I think I might get a Crybaby or a Dimebag pedal. The sound is very similar to when I play on my Kustom 40 watt amp, but it's not as clear. I play alot of Metallica, and I have some trouble getting the sound of the wah that KIrk Hammet plays, but I can get very nice clean and distorted sounds. I also like to play Nirvana, so I can really test how far the sounds will go. I like to play some more heavy music as well, such as System of a Down, and the pedal sounds quite good. I like the Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Delay/Reverb and other effects. I just feel that the Wah is insufficient. I also liked the Pedal Pitch control. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would say that I might be able to depend on it to play live, but I dont play live, so I wouldn't know. When I am playing around or putting on a "show" for a girl(more like show-off), it works fairly well. The one thing I hate is the adapter, it is cheap and works very poorly, so I would never use that in a gig, I would rather pay a sh*t load of money for AA batterys. I haven't dropped it(hard) yet but it is still all in one piece, with the exception of that crappy adapter. // 6

Overall Impression: I like to play metal, and the Zoom 06 is a good match for it, I have been playing for 3 years or so and I own a 40 watt Kustom amp, a 150 watt Marshall Valvestate, a Godin SD Model electric guitar, an Ibanez GRX-40 electric guitar, and two acoustic guitars, an Aria and a Songbird. I wished I had played it a little more before I bought it, especially the Wah. I love how easy it is and how many effects it has. It's like having every effect, only each one is a little bit less than perfect, rather than having a pedal designed for one (perfect)effect. I hate the Wah and the adapter, and that's it. I didn't really compare this pedal to any other ones, mainly because I didn't have much to choose from. I wish it had better Wah, and I wish it didn't make so much noise at high gain levels. // 8

606 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 12, 2004

Ease of Use: The Zoom 06 does give you alot to play with. It's kinda tricky 2 create a good sound at 1st, but once you read the instructions (probably in that order :P) it's really easy. The instructions are idiot (helpful 4 cases like me :P) The pre-made patches are OK. Some are REALLY good, others are kinda naff. But there are some excellent settings. Some of the patches are based on guitarists or an amp model or other guitar related items. Most of these are good. // 8

Sound: Well, I'm using a Epiphone Noel Gallagher Archtop Union Jack and a tanglewood les paul with the unit. In terms of amps, I'm mostly using a Marshall 45 watt. The FX gives an amazing sound on most settings. As I said, there are some naff settings, but more gud than bad :) The drive settings are perticularly gud, Especially the Vai 1 (G5). The sound is quiet something. You are able to get the sound of a couple of artists through the Zoom. i.e. Steve Vai, Led Zepplin (Zep stack), Jimi Hendrix (Jimi wahwah), Eric Clapton (Eric's slowhand[or something like that]), etc. // 8

Reliability & Durability: To be honest, I'd never depend on this. It's had to be re-soldered around the jack points, and it needs re-soldering again, as the power input has come loose, making the Machine cut out. If I could afford a backup, I'd have it! // 2

Overall Impression: The Machine sounds really good, but in==unless they start soldering there gear properly, I wouldn't recommend it. Personally, I'd recomend Boss. They are QUALITY machines :) // 6

606 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 10, 2005

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

Ease of Use: A little fiddly at first, but with a quick flick through the manual and a bit of trial and error it soon becomes very very simple to start whipping up your own patches. The preset patches (all 42 of them) are all reasonable, with a few being perfect just as they are, but some of them are just a foundation and are begging to be improved by you. The modulation effects are fun and the distortion effects are tight and solid as a rock. But any changes you want to make are easily done, just twist a knob, push a button or two and bang, new sound. // 8

Sound: The sound through the 06 is good, the distortion effects are nice and tight and the modulation effects are useful and versatile and come through really well in the studio. The Zoom however doesn't have a straight through clean effect, it always colours your sound. The best remedy for this is to Pick a patch you don't use and wipe it clean of all effects. Even then, the "fdr clean" setting still adds a Zoom touch to your sound so that's kind of annoying. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Have used it live, not again though. Simply too hard to group all your desired effects together in an order that allows for easy switching. I prefer just to use my DS7 stompbox with a wah pedal for solos. Simplicity in effects is the key to playing live and the Zoom just doesn't let you jump around quickly enough. Also the plastic construction means that you tend to be a bit tentative with it, I'd never give this thing a good stomp, not even close, more of a tap. It just doesn't seem sturdy enough for regular live use and would never stand up to life on the road. But it's perfect for studio use if you're recording on a budget like me. // 6

Overall Impression: This pedal will have a sound for everyone, garunteed, no matter what style you play. I've been playing for 7 years and have used Korg and Boss Multi FX units but if you can't afford those more expensive machines this one does the job very well and you don't pay top-dollar for it. If lost or stolen I'd probably opt for a Korg unit to replace it simply because I can affor it these days. But if I didn't have that sort of money I'd definately opt for the 06 again. The only gripe I have with it is the plastic construction, I have a heavy foot (and heavy boots) and I don't use this live simply out of fear it'll get busted. But overall, a great little Multi FX. // 8

606 Reviewed by: pitiful_lies, on february 24, 2005

Purchased from: Sounds Expensive

Ease of Use: It's not that easy to switch between the patches you need on this pedal, and the manual isn't that great either. It takes a while to get a good sound, but if you tinker with it you can get a great sound (apart from wah - the sound is really weak). // 6

Sound: Most of the effects are pretty good in this pedal. I haven't had a chance to use it with some decent gear yet, as I only have a lame practice amp but this pedal can give you a lot of volume! The distortion sounds great, and all the other effecrs sound pretty good to me! The exception is the wah it's just too weak. I play mainly heavy metal and rock, and it's pretty easy to get the sound I'm after with a bit of tweaking. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It seems solid enough to me! I would probably use it for gigging haven't tried yet though. I don't think it could stand up to serious stomping, but for what I use it for, it seems good enough. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a pretty good little pedal. I got seriously ripped off though, I bought it when I had no idea about guitars or anything. But even though it was too much money for what you get, it's great. I've been playing for about 2 and 1/2 years now and it suits the style of music I play and sounds good even out of my crappy 15 watt amp. If it was stolen/lost, I'd probably go for somewhing easier to use and had better value for money. But despite its bad points, it's a pretty decent pedal. // 8

606 Reviewed by: kurt 666, on may 27, 2005

Purchased from: Kley-Zemer

Ease of Use: It's very easy to use and comfortable for all of your lazy people who doesn't want to edit patches, it has a lot of sounds and it goes preety smooth. Once you've got used to the multi-effect you'll understand how it works and what all the switches and overdrives are. The expression - pedal is very easy to use and can be patched on any effect. The manual is really good and explained everything and has explanations in alot of languages. // 8

Sound: Every effect is different some are noisy and some are not I can get any artist sound I'd like using the editing. The chorus, reverb, room, effects have really good sound and every effect through accustic to flanger sounds really good. One complaint that I have is that some effects have different volume than the others which make it difficult to built one effect and then another one after him 'cause you want to keep the volum the same. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I can really use it and do whatever I want with it. I would play along with it 'cause its sound is really great and whorthy the price. // 6

Overall Impression: I play every style of music and really happy that I purchesed it 'cause it really suites me I love the preety style it's built and the easy to use everything. // 8

606 Reviewed by: jagstang270, on october 04, 2005

Ease of Use: First of all, it comes with a load of ready patches, every patch is different and fits all kind of styles. The editing function is really easy to use, but not so easy to handle unless you study the sounds and all of the sounds buttons (theres a lot of them) you should read the manual before you touch a patch. The manual is very helpful and has a lot of helping tips and guides. Every page has pictures for graphic understanding. // 6

Sound: I'm using an Ibanez RG270, and a Marshall 250 watt on it and I like the sound of it. The effects arent always noisey, it depends on what music you want to play. But the sounds is basically great. I could get a "Kurt Cobain" spund on it, not to fat or to thin with a bit of fuzz. Or a Lupus Thunder (Bloodhound Gang) sound a great distortion. And if you want it, and have the patience for it you can get the sound you want which sometimes can take some days if you wanna be specific about the sound. All the effects sound really good. But I'm kinda dissapointed about the fuzz, because its to fuzzy. And I couldn't seem to mix him up with something else to make him sound just like the fuzz point that I want. But it's not that big of a problem. I love the expression pedal. But I wish that the wha pedal was more sensitive. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on my Zoom everywhere. I trust it to sound good and wont brake down. I would use it on a gig without a back up. I think it has great durability which I can use when I travel. // 8

Overall Impression: Now, I play everything from jazz and funk to super godamn heavy metal. And I think that with the settings on this device I can get the sound of all of those sounds. I'm playing electric guitar for 16 years now and have a lot of other equipment. If it was stolen I would probably buy it again. I don't hate anything about it. I don't have afavorite feature but if I had to shoose I would say it's the distortion picking it has great distortion sounds and a big veriety. The only thing that I want in the devise is that the wha-wha pedal was more sensitive. // 8

606 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 07, 2005

Purchased from: Apold

Ease of Use: This pedal is really easy to get a nice sound out of it because of its factory presets, and editing your own patch is really easy when you figure it out. The expression pedal is also very easy to use, because you can control different things with it. The manual pretty easy to understand but, if your anything like me you'll be better of figuring it out yourself. // 8

Sound: I use a Squier Strat, and a Fender 15W Frontman with this pedal and it sounds just as good, if not better, than my friends american strat without the pedal. Usually my amp has a buzz with distortion on but if I play with the pedal there is no noise. The effects usuall sound great but the factory presets have a wide range in volume, but you can adjust them yourself. This pedal lets you get the sound of pretty much any artist from Jimi Hendrix to Kurt Cobaine. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The pedal is so far so good but I think I would bring an extra for a gig because it is made of plastic. // 7

Overall Impression: I play bluesy-rock, Grunge, and anything rock, but this pedal has any type of music you want, and some your probably dont need but are fun to mess around with. You probably would like to use this pedal on an amp wtih more than 15w because some of the disortion is so heavy it rattles the speaker. // 9

606 Reviewed by: UniverseZero, on august 08, 2006

Purchased from: ZZ Sounds

Ease of Use: Getting good sounds isn't too hard. The patches are good enough to play without tweaking, it has many preset ones that suit a lot of styles, but with a couple of changes to a patch with the help of the manual you can get a lot of cool things. The manual explains all of the basic things with pictures and explains how to change every effect easily and what each kind of effect does, a very useful guide if you will be tweaking them. // 8

Sound: I play with a Fender standard 97' stratocaster, the '06 and a Line 6 Spider II 30 (which I must change soon), it's all plugged with planet waves' gold tipped cables. As long as your Zoom Noise Reduction is on you won't get any noise out of your amp, but there are certain patches like the Corn and Heavy 7st guitar which are noisy by nature. The effects sound really nice, although, the high levels of delay get a little bit weird when you put too much volume and mix it with the Slow attack effect. This comes with preset patches for Jimi Page's hard rock, Clapton's blues, Beck's octave, Rhoads' Metal Drive, Vai's Whammy and Korn's industrial really heavy sound, of course you also get Hendrix wah wich btw I prefer to substitute with the cool wah patch with fuzz, in my opinion sounds better. Other sound's I've been able to get with the SFX patches are those really amazing weird sounds and textures from Pink Floyd's songs, really nice. The Chorus and Pitch shift effects have a lot of options, wich makes them really easy to tweak, and each of the effects has a lot of intensity levels to make your changes big or small. The Expression pedal could be softer, midrange expression is difficult to get at first, but after a few tries I managed to learn it. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I thought it would be less sturdy, but since it has a metal plate underneath I think it has enough strenght to get some serious stomps, I don't really jump on it too much, I would just love it to have a spring under the expression pedal because it would be a lot easier to use, might mod it one of this days. I would use it on a gig without backup without any fear. // 9

Overall Impression: I mainly play hard bluesy rock like ACDC and Zeppelin, but this pedal matches anything you might want to play. I've been playing for about 3 years and I have been acquiring new gear lately, I must say that this is a nice thing to play around with. I should have asked if the expression pedal was good enough, I thought it would be a lot softer, but it seems that it likes to stay either down or up, middle range is difficult to get. If it was stolen lost I would get the Zoom G2.1U wich is kinda like this but with better tone and more effect control. I really like the pitch shifts that I can get with the expression pedal, although a spring would make vibrato easier. // 8

606 Reviewed by: blaydenj, on october 30, 2006

Purchased from: local music store

Ease of Use: The 06 is a perfect little multi FX package for anyone really, beginners especially. Patches are extremely easy to edit and there's plenty of fun to be had with the amount of modulation, distortion, and delay effects aswell as a number of so-so amp models. I got this unit for my birthday years ago when I was just starting out and it really could not have been any easier to get some incredible sounds out of it. The simple interface of the 06 is, in a word, perfect with both switching and editing patches easily accessible. // 9

Sound: These days I'm using the unit with my Epiphone G-400 (also terriffic value for money), Boss DD-6, DS-1, FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz, running through a Peavey Rage 158 practice amp. My tastes range anywhere from delta blues to classic rock to metal and this unit covers all these surprisingly well. The 12 Drive options, when combined with the intuitive EQ and Contour functions provide hours and hours of superb sounds, no problems there. The effects modules are also outstanding, with phase shifting, chorus, flange, octave, ring mod, wah/auto wah, and plenty of other capabilitites. The one (albeit minor) qualm I do have in this area is the acoustic model, which quite frankly sucks. But Who uses that anyway huh? besides if it was acoustic modelling you're after you probably wouldn't exactly be looking at a Zoom multi. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is where the 06 is a little dissapointing. The plastic case is pretty flimsy and the expression pedal particularly cannot stand much of a beating. But hey, you pay for what you get. I wouldn't recommend the 06 for a gig without a backup, it's simply just not strong enough. Reliability wise, the unit is fine, not once has it simply broken down or stopped working on me despite it's obvious weakness. I've had a couple of instances where some of the screws have come loose and floated around inside the unit but this is easily fixed. // 6

Overall Impression: As I said before, the 06 effectively covers virtually any guitar tone you can imagine. I really can't stress how versatile this unit is in this regard. For any Pearl Jam fans out there, the basic Overdrive function sounds as if youve just bought Mike's entire rig of ridiculously rare Vintage amps and effects etc. I was blown away by the quality of the different drive options. In conjunction with my FZ2's gain boost function, the 06 will wail for hours on end. I've been playing with this unit for about 3/4 years now and I'm still surprised at the sheer quality of the tones it provides. If it were stolen or lost, I think I'd be fairly pissed off; but all in all I don't think I'd buy another one, only because I don't really need it. I just love this thing to death. // 9

606 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 27, 2006

Purchased from: Soundcontrol

Ease of Use: Great pedal. The presets are cool, good mix of clean and heavy sounds. It's fairly time consuming editing the patches, unless you really know what you're doing, if you're a beginner, it's fun to mess with! I've been playing for a couple of years and I can do it, but I can't speak for everyone, but the manual talks you through everything. // 8

Sound: I've got a pretty basic setup. At home I don't use the pedal much, I use the effects on my Line 6 Spider II 210. But I use it at band practise. I run it through some large 100w Marshall that I'm not actually sure of what it is. But it sounds great at a high volume. It keeps up with my mates Boss ME-50 so that must be saying something! You get a little bit of unwanted noise at a high volume, not much. The pedal contains presets of some well known artists, Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Led Zeppelin. The funnily named 'Corn' effect pretty much resembles Korn. Nice cleans and cool distortions. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on this pedal pretty much. Never had a problem at practises or home, and through 2 yers of use it's survived well. I havn't used it at a gig, and probably wouldn't, bacause my amp has better effects, but this would probably be good as a backup for my amp, or maybe an alternative. // 7

Overall Impression: I play a fair bit of styles, blues, emo, rock, metal, but my band has a heavy metal/hardcore sound. This pedal is great for it. I have a Peavey Raptor EXP, yeah, it's a beginners guitar, but it's fine. I didn't try the 06 before I bought it, I was only a beginner back then and hadn't really got to grips with the importance of trying stuff! But it didn't disapoint. The best feature is the tuner, easy to access. I use the tuner as a clean sound with my band. Really easy to swith from that to distortion. I wish the expression pedal was a bit stiffer, sometimes when I'm playing, it can get knocked and turn the gain down, which sucks. If it were stolen I'd probably get a new one, the price has plummeted in 2 years. // 7

606 Reviewed by: slash321, on january 19, 2007

Ease of Use: This pedal is so easy to use, and gives a great sound all the time. The two foot switches and foot pedal are easy to use. The red two figure display screen is easy to see, and shows the bank and patch of the effect being used. The pedal has over 40 effects built in, which can all be edited by the two switches. The first Switch changes the sound of each effect, so that you can edit the effects for the style of music you are playing EG. Acoustic, lead, distortion, fuzz, blues and more. The second Switch changes the patch level, comp/limit, drive, EQ, delay/reverb and more for each effect. There is also a pedal assignment button, which allows you to choose what you want the foot pedal to do (wah, drive, mod/pitch, delay, volume). The pedal also has a built in tuner, which is very useful and easy to use. // 10

Sound: I use a Maverick Species 1, and a Marshall MG100DFX with the pedal, and this works really well. The pedal can give a bit of unwanted noise on some effects, but it's nothing drastic. The pedal has a huge range of effects, from crispy clean to fuzz distortion, from blues style to robotic reverb. A lot of the effects are also based on real artists and give a very similar sound. I think that the pedal is especially good for jimi hendrix solos and slow reverb rythem sounds. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would definently take this pedal to a gig. I've had the pedal 3 years now and have never come across a problem. The only thing I would be worried about is the battery life (it eats batterys alive). It's best to use the DC power supply, or take some spare batteries. // 9

Overall Impression: I mainly play rock/metal, and I find this amp great fun to play with. Iv been playing 7 years now and use a Maverick Species 1 and Marshall MG100DFX with the pedal. There's nothing I wish I had asked the seller before I buyed the pedal as everything about the pedal is explained in a really useful booklet. The best feature of the pedal is the 100's of possibilitys of sounds you can get out of it. Everytime I use I always found a new different sound! The only real let down is the battery life, but this is no big deal as the power used is put to good use! This pedal has some amazing features and sounds and for the price it is, I'd advise it to any guitarist! // 9

More Zoom reviews rating category latest review
+ G1XNext 8.3 Guitar Effects 04/07/2014