G2.1Nu Review

8.5
reviews (9) pictures (3) 47 comments vote for this gear:
G2.1Nu Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 28, 2010

Price paid: C$ 199.99

Purchased from: Somewhere online. maybe musicians friend

Ease of Use: Getting a good sound is the easiest thing ever.. You can't get a bad one. There are some 100 patches, and some done by Steve Vai! All the patches are a little different and have a huge range, from delays and choruses, to crunchy distortion and really dark tones, to 'ocean' sounds with tons of echo. All awesome. The only reason I'd give this a 9 is cause its not perfect. The Acoustic sim. Isn't as close as one would want to be, and the steve vai patches are kinda.. Weird. I can't seen anyway to use most of his. Anyway, moving on, there's also 100 patches that you can edit yourself or upload from your computer. Editing patches is pretty straight-forward, but I really recommend reading the manuel. Not cause you'll be confused right off the bad, but because you might learn some really cool tips and tricks in it. The manuel has a good 50 pages, 30 of which are purely for menus and stuff. The last 20 are specifically about editing and stuff. Really easy read and I suggest unpacking that first :) my firmware is still at v1.01. So probably the very first one.. But this thing is even easier to use then I thought it would be. // 9

Sound: I am using an Ibanez GRX20 electric and Ibanez Talman acoustic-electric guitars through it, and both sound great! I have a Traynor amp, nothing special, cost me 100$ don't even know the model name... The product gets noisy at times when the effect is very distorted but thats to be expected in my opinion. Also I didn't bother changing the sound gate for noise reduction at all.. And that was suggested in the manuel. The effects always sound great, but I have to admit, I won't use more then 25 of the presets. But thats simply because a lot of them aren't my style and I don't like being distracted by too many choices, they only blind the guitarist. I can get the sound of almost all of my favourite artists, in fact with the manuel comes a sheet with all the effects and their description with 30 effects imitating different artists: Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Malmsteem all have their own patches and sound quite like them, and can be edited to be as close as possible, as every guitar has its own voice. There's also blues patches, lead patches, distorted metal patches. Those would be my primary styles :) As mentioned earlier, I don't know how to use Steve Vai's effects.. They're really spacey and echoey. I'm just not into that. The Acoustic sim. As well is not amazing, but works to an extent. Other then that they're all amazing. So 12 out of 100 patches aren't AMAZING? Still deserves a 10. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is a tank. Metal all over with some really tough rubber or some other material on the sides. I hope it never happens, but if I drop the processor, I wouldn't worry much. The display is behind uplifted metal grooves, so the chance of that being damaged is minute. Maybe if someone threw a rock at it.. I would defs not bring a back up to a gig, not that I'm quite to that level anyway :( solid product none the less. // 10

Overall Impression: I play blues, metal, rock, punk, some jazz. Its perfect for everything. Because it has everything :) I've been playing for a bit over a year and I don't think of myself as bad, this is my second effects pedal/processor. I own a R.A.T. distortion pedal. Guess what? Its emulated in the G2.1Nu :P I don't even need the rat anymore. If it we're stolen or lost, I'd use my guitar as a club and beat who ever stole it. Then I'd by it again, and maybe a strat with it :P there is really nothing I did like about this, I suggest buying the one with pedal, the 2.1, its only 50 dollars more, but it proves quite useful. I don't see why you'd ever want any other multi-effets processor :) // 10

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 15, 2011

Ease of Use: If you are familiar with guitar processors, you shouldn't experience any problems creating professional sounds in under 30 seconds. However, if your relatively new at it, you'll need patience and plenty of it to create those desired tones! As far as editing goes, it's quite simple really, it's just matter of getting used to "pushing a button/ selecting the desired effect / tweaking the knob/ and saving the edit". Sound simply? Yep. But you'll need to get use the process first. Once you do... No worries. The manual is included in the packaging, however I suggest you download the manual online for simplicity sake. // 9

Sound: Amp = Marshall VS265 / Guitars = Yamaha 521 There is no noise what'soever. Quite amazing really what Zoom has done to this processor in order produce such quite operation. For the most part, the effects are quite strong and very user-friendly. Particular standouts would include all the Delays (superb), Step, Tremolo/Vibrato, Reverbs, Chorus, Pedal Vox/Cry - pretty decent once you'd develop a sense of feel for the actual expression pedal. The weaker ones (just my opinion though) would be the Flangers/ Dynamic Flange, Phaser (it's not bad but it should be noted that it was better on previous models). The dual Equalizers (Low & High) are functional however not exactly ideal. One equalizer would have been more realistic due to the fact that equalization is also gained through the Amp. Perhaps a bit too much equilization? Good news is you can simply "Switch it off" in a millisecond. Now the Distortions: I keep reading and hearing the terms "sterile, digital, processed etc... " with regards to the distortion. The product has 30 models of Amp sounds. It also has a "Direct" button that produces speaker/cabinet tones (4 of them). I would strongly recommend anyone using this product to switch it off the "Direct" button just by virtue of the fact that everything you play will sound like "metal". If you like that tone though, leave it on... You'll love it! ( I have mine off permanently). The fantastic news here is that with some tweaking, you'll be able to create many stunning distortion tones that don't emulate the terms "sterile, digital, processed". Simply put, listen to what you are creating, "take your time", edit the levels of distortion/gain/ and equalization (amp). It's all in the patience and willingness to experiment. It's very easy to create a great patch, really! I don't really care for creating the sound of my favorite artists but it is easy to do if you have a good ear for tone. I'm not a huge fan of the Clean Channel, doesn't sound all that convincing. It is functional but not really thrilling. Once again, more tweaking and just a bit of Compression goes a long way. Once again, just take your time. Plus, have some fun with this unit. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Reliability is unquestionable. My previous model G1Next was superb in every aspect. Should not be an issue. Zoom has very good track history when it comes to both performance and reliability. The overall construction of the unit as well as the logical layout of it's interface gives you an impression of a well thought out design. // 10

Overall Impression: I play many different styles: Headpins, early Journey, Zepplin, Beatles, Gary Moore, some new wave early 80's, Kenny Chesney, George Strait etc... Favorite features include: Expression Pedal (wah... It really is quite useable), Metal Construction, Delays! (wow factor high) Logical Interface, Built-in Drum Machine - nice touch. Less desireable: Clean tone somewhat weak/thin, Flanging/Phaser (still useable though), Ring-Tone, Equalizer (far too much) Overall, a great product, and very simple to use (easy to master quickly). The pros far outweight the cons. Well built and user friendly. Enjoy using this product, go and have some fun with it. Kindest Regards Cheers! // 9

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 04, 2011

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Ease of Use: Would have been hard if I didn't already own the G1.u or read the manual. YOU HAVE TO READ THE MANUAL. Once you get the hang of it it's easy to create and customize tones. Also read how to set it up as a USB interface in your recording software if you've never done anything like that before. // 8

Sound: Ok so I already reviewed the Zoom G1.U So I'm going to copy and paste most of that because other than the expression pedal and a few more effects this pedal is the same thing. Ok sound. This is going to be a long one but hopefully it'll help someone in the same boat is me. I thought Zoom might have fixed the grit problem with the new hardware... WRONG. I've played this through a Line 6 Spider II 112, a Marshall Half Stack HD100FX, a Kustom PA System, recently a Vox AD100VT, and of course as a computer interface with studio monitors. I've used multiple guitars, a ESP Viper 400 with EMG 81 & 85 pickups tuned down to A, a Ibanez ART300 with Lo-zi humbuckers tuned down to B, a Ibanez ART300 with Lo-zi humbuckers tuned down to C and a Schecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan pickups tuned to standard. All set neck guitars. The sound is very good and very bad depending on genre. If you play classic rock, country, blues, 80's metal, alternative and rock (Foo Fighters, Green Day) this pedal can get some great tones live and using it as a recording interface going direct in. How ever, if you want nu metal tones for recording that are NOT drowned out in distortion THIS IS NOT THE PEDAL FOR YOU. You have a lot of 14-16 year olds rating this pedal awesome. NO! You CAN get some sick, nasty, crazy distortions. But to the trained ear they sound like crap, fake and synthetic. I'm surprised Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and John 5 endorse this pedal. It goes to show how little credit sound engineers get post production. I truly believe they are responsible for most GREAT tones. This is the deal... I write and record hard rock. I love newer tones of Mark Tremonti, Sevendust, Kill Switch, Jim Root of Slipknot (the other guy is a jerk). Their tones are heavy, powerful but clean and warm at the same time. You're not gonna get this with the Zoom. You're going to get very harsh gritty tones while recording. I've spent months trying to EQ it differently, turning down the distortion down to 4 (it goes from 1-99 so 4 is pretty damn low to still have so much grit.) I just can't get the harshness out. Teens want to turn the distortion (gain) way up and think it sounds cool. I used to also. But while recording you have to layer your guitar tracks (dub them) to make them sound full... So your gain should never be as high as your settings when you play live because layering adds grit on top of grit on top of grit especially with the Zoom. I even assumed "Oh! It's gritty cause I'm going direct in. Let me mic my amp or cab instead." NOPE! Using a Shure SM57 (intrument mic) and a Shure SM58 (vocal mic) It still had a ton of grit (harshness). Now having said all that, if you just buy the G2.1Nu for live use you can't really detect that grit so you can get some good heavy tones. But I got the G2.1Nu which is marketed for recording. That's fine. JUST DON'T RECORD HARD ROCK. I got some great cleans, and delays, and wah's while recording with this. I know this seems biased cause I record hard rock... And that's fine. I hope it helps someone else out who is looking for a recording interface for hard rock. Yes I tried micing the amps and cabs with the SM57 and SM58 also just like I did with the G1. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This is a lot more durable than the G1. It has a metal frame instead of plastic but then I took this back to Sam Ash after 2 weeks. So I don't really know how long it will last. I wouldn't use anything without a backup. That's just asking for trouble. But I doubt I would have to use the back up. In fact THIS pedal would probably be the back up. // 9

Overall Impression: I mostly play metal, hard rock. I've been playing on and off for 8 years. This not a good match for recording. For live use yes. Bottom line is if your looking for tube modelers, get a Line 6 product for 50 bucks more (even though they still sound fake to me). Nothing beats a real tube amp. I am searching for the tone Bury Your Dead had on the album It's Nothing Personal. Not the greatest band or album but just google the tone. Hands down people say that tone is the best. Invest in a tube amp or something like the Vox Valvetronix series. It sends the signal through one tube before it hits the effects so it's kinda like a tube preamp. They're not as expensive as an all tube amp but the tone sounds a lot better than any modeler. Also if anyone can help with the tone above go to www.thisawakened.com and send me an email through that site. Hope this helped someone. Thanks. // 7

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 05, 2010

Purchased from: eBay

Ease of Use: well, I'm not really familiar with multi effects units. I've played a little bit with PODs (XT live and X3 live) and I found G2.1Nu much easier to use. Alright, it has much less adjustments to make, but it's all very user friendly. And although it's very easy to set up, it get even easier: with Zoom's Edit and Share software (free download on Zoom's website)you can edit you patches on the computer. It can't get easier than that. // 10

Sound: One positive thing about G2.1Nu: it's absolutely silent. I use a Kramer Striker 424 (korean made) with a pair of Bill Lawrence pickups, and there is no noise. I'm using the unit in the and of my chain, along with my analog effects: Dunlop Crybaby from hell > Rocktron Hush the pedal > Metal Muff > Zoom G2.1Nu. I can turn the Rocktron noise gate off and still there's no noise (except when there is a high gain module on AND the Metal Muff is on, but it would be weird NOT to be noisy). I plug all this in a small 6W boutique amp. Lately I've been using the headphones more often, because the cabinet simulations are very nice, I get a LOT more bass (my amp speaker is a 8''). - About the presets: many are good, many are terrible. I would say 50-50. The Steve Vai Patches are just useless. - About the simulations: loved the reverbs, specially the spring; really liked the choruses, flanger, delays, tremolo, Whammy (YEAH), and some of the Drive units (e.g. the tubescreamer and the Diezel Herbert simulations). There are patches showing the sounds, wich is very helpful. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have for 2 weeks now, and it is very well built. Besides, it can be powered by the power supply, 4xAA batteries OR usb cable. I would gig with alone with no fear. // 10

Overall Impression: I bought this because I was having trouble to Switch from rhythm to lead (turn boost and delay on) and I was wanting multiple delay settings, but did not want to buy some expensive pedal JUST for that. Moreover, I was wanting to get a usb sound interface as well, and this was just the solution for me (the one I could pay for). Also, the bundled Cubase LE5 is a nice treat. This pedal is worth every cent. // 9

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: lylsiem, on march 16, 2011

Price paid: C$ 199

Purchased from: Long &Mcquade

Ease of Use: This unit out of the box has more sounds than ever needed in your lifetime. If you have patience, it takes weeks to get it right. The amp modeling is poor as in all effect units you can buy if running straight to your amp. The direct button cleans that up if recording or using headphones. If your into a variety of styles, this pedal has them all almost. The manual is descriptive enough but it still takes a learning curve. The USB had me sold right away for recording purposes but the software is useless as it required a dongle witch you have to purchase separately. Better to use free software. // 7

Sound: I ran this unit with a newer Gibson Explorer, Ibanez 540PII and a new Kramer Striker. This is now ran through a Peavey 112 Transtube. When using the patch option on the amp, some sounds do not work well like the high gain amp mods. It does emulate sounds quite well from famous amps. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Works great so far without a hitch. No problem in a gig. Never had to use warranty. Built like a tank. Reminds me of the Boss pedals. Good thing too that it has a battery backup like most smaller pedals. This unit takes the most abuse as it gets stomped on, kicked, dropped and thrown. // 10

Overall Impression: I have tried so many products in the past. This one has the makings of what is needed in the metal region. I play 80's metal mostly and played for 30 years. The Kramer Striker is what I play now. If lost or stolen I would result to what I have now, a true amp and little flavors. // 9

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: finding_nimo, on june 27, 2011

Purchased from: 2nd hand

Ease of Use: The built in effect is really bad. It has 200 built in effects. So find the right one for you is very difficult. For me most of the built in effects are useless. At first editing effect was also bit of confusing. But manual was really helpful. When you used to with this processor, this little beast will be your favorite toy. Editing effect was never this easy. You can create any sound you want from metal, rock, crunchy and even seeter sound (Classic indian instrument). And most of all you don't even have to edit the patches. Just connect it to your pc and go to this site and download and past any kind of sound you want. And you can edit sound from you pc too. Most of all built in sound effect and editing patch is not very user friendly. But when you get used to with it, you can make any sound you want which you can only imagine from a processor double price of it's price. // 9

Sound: I'm using Ibanez MTM2 (Mick Thompson series) with a really cheap microlab pc sound box. But it works really well. Even there is a option (direct switch) from where you can make you shity speaker sound like a large amp. Many effect with high gain can make a little bit noise. But it has a really good znr by which you can kill any kind of noisy sound. Proper edit patch can create a really good sound out of it. but you know you have to be a little bit tweeky. If you want any sound of you favorite artist and don't know about much editing just download it from the following link. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Of course I can depend on it.It is really well built (Seems so, I only using it for 6 months). But I heard that it eats battery like a hungry wolf, so always use a adapter. I will gig it with out a back up, and I don't think it will let me down. I give it 7 because I will dare to use it in only small gig. You know it's only a $160 processor. // 7

Overall Impression: I mainly like metal and this processor is really what I want. I've been playing for over three years. I previously use G2, G1NX, G2.1U. But I also use Pod XT, X3 Live which is my friends. But there is a hudge difference between my previous Zoom product then this. I think it even beats the Pod XT too in sound quality (not X3). The only thing that I really hate about is it only have 5 sec loop. Which I really annoying and use less. I hope Zoom will fix this and give at least 20 sec loop. If this processor were stolen I will definitely gona buy this again. Love about it?! - every bit of it. Hate about it - only the looper. Compare it?! - It beats any processor on it's price range. // 9

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: tbfender93, on march 19, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: With this multi-effects pedal, you get almost all the pedals you can get in just one portable package. You can get basically any tone possible out of it. Editing patches is pretty simple, if you had previously owned a older generation or knew the manual really well. The manual is easy to understand and you can adapt in knowing how to use this pedal easily. The newest firmware version is v1.10 and my unit has been upgraded from the computer to fix minor bugs, which I haven't noticed that much of a difference. // 9

Sound: I'm playing it through a modded Japanese-made Stratocaster that has Seymour Duncans with coil-spliting. The amp I'm using is a 2x12" 120watt Crate XT120. I recommend using this pedal on the cleanest setting that you can possibly get on your amp, to get the best of the product. I never ran into any noise problems and the effects are always sounding extraordinary. You can actually download artist made patches, like Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, and Eddie Van Halen, from The Internet into the Zoom using the Edit&Share software that is included. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would totally use it wherever I go, whether its playing live at a gig or just jamming out in your room at home. I guarantee this pedal will last a long time, so for the price it is a amazing buy and you can't go wrong for what this pedal offers. This pedal is so good that you will not need a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly worship material, so this pedal gets the job done, no matter what I play. At home, I play mostly hard rock or even metal, and this pedal has it all. I've been playing for about 8 years and my previous Zoom, the G1X model, was a cheap investment. The G2.1Nu blows the G1X out of the water and it is nothing compared of what I previously had. After several hours worth of research, there is nothing that I wished that I had asked before buying it. If it got lost or stolen, I wouldn't want to buy anything else but this. I love the way that this pedal has so much to offer and looking at the price, it is ridiculous! I would compare this product to most high-end multi-effects pedal on the market, and the reason why I chose this one over the others is because it is portable and very easy to use. The only thing I wish it had available is the ability to have more than 5 secs of looping time, but that is just a luxury. You would enjoy every second when playing with this pedal! // 10

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: webmunkey, on june 05, 2012

Purchased from: Hollywood Music

Ease of Use: LOTS of parameters to play with easy to create a good sound and equally easy to create some crazy abstract sounds too. Edit & Share software is great for shifting around effects (and backing up!) but it is easier to change the settings on the pedal itself (not using a mouse to turn the knob). The pedals interface is easy to understand after a few days of fooling about with it, reading the manual in the first place probably would have helped. // 10

Sound: Currently using a Maison & Gibson Melody Maker through a standard PA amp into some home made cabs (forgot what drivers it has, 2 x 12" somethings). Took a while to emulate the songs I wanted but after some fine tuning its pretty much spot on. Slow/fast attack times on compression is great, delays are great too, can get almost any distortion you'd ever want, preset tunings on the tuner is really useful. Can't really fault any of the effects apart from. The only complaint is that the octave setting sounds really "messed up" is the easiest way I can explain. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Its put up with 9 months of stomping until the left foot switch appeared to fail, was going to head back to the shop to return it but it started working again and has kept on working since; at a guess it was probably a firmware glitch or something software related as I can't see a switch failing in that short time. On the topic of firmware problems I turned it on one day and it had hard-reset itself somehow; lost all my custom patches and didn't have a backup. Annoying. // 8

Overall Impression: Country, metal, acoustic, abstract, jazz; copes with it all really well. Got nothing to compare it to as this is my first effects of any sort, prior to this I owned a sh***y 5 watt beginners amp that had something called Overdrive or something like that. The ONLY downside would be the funky octave and the odd software problems. If it was to disappear I would defiantly buy another. // 9

G2.1Nu Reviewed by: parhelia_0000, on february 18, 2014

Price paid: C$ 198

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Ease of Use: The Zoom G2.1Nu comes with a manual. It is very basic and well-written, so as long as you take some time to read through the procedures, the G2.1Nu will provide you with a vast variety of sounds for you to create. This unit is well-known for its user-friendly nature, as you can easily use the three PARM knobs to adjust the sound as you like it to be. Compared with the Boss ME-25 as well as Zoom G2, the Zoom G2.1Nu provides a screen with visual references to effect chains and parameters for you to adjust without having to read over the manual to find out what you have to do after you've just adjusted your effects patch. It also allows you to adjust Battery settings as well as recording settings (otherwise known as the GLOBAL button), which will allow you to hook up your system directly into a PA system without having to use a DI box. There is a new firmware version you can download on the official website, which revises some of the issues that were found on the factory version of the firmware. My unit has been upgraded, and it works very well without any issues. // 10

Sound: My music style can be considered a jack-of-all-trades music style when it comes to rock, although my predominant genre is heavy metal. This product creates digitally simulated sounds based on genuine guitar effects that are currently on the market. I should say I am quite impressed with it. Using it with my Fender Jaguar HH run through the CLEAN channel on my Line 6 Spider IV 30 gave me a wide variety of sounds I could use for rock and heavy metal music.

Let's begin with the clean sounds. The modulated sounds, especially the Chorus (which I use a lot) were smooth and without flaw. However, I'd advise using at least a light Compression and/or Equalizer when using the clean sounds, otherwise your guitar's output might sound a bit muddy with loss of clarity. Although I don't use the clean setting a lot, when I play funk or jazz music, I always use a standard compression to add clarity to the sound.

Now, let's get to the Drive sounds of the Zoom G2.1Nu. I was not very impressed with the light, overdriven sounds from simulated versions of Boss OD-1 and the Ibanez Tube Screamer as they had a slight loss of output and drive compared to their genuine counterparts. I myself had to max out the drive and tone in order to get a clear Eric Clapton-style guitar sound, although others might not have that much trouble when using this product. Despite this, I should congratulate Zoom for making a great set of distortion sounds; especially ExtremeDS and MetalWRLD (simulated counterpart of Boss MT-2), as the drive and tone from those distortions had superior quality and definition in making strong lead sounds. However, I was still not impressed with the "Lead" distortion; I once tried using it for a set of Steve Vai patches, and I noticed that the bass was too high for songs like "For the Love of God" and "Tender Surrender." So far, the only best distortions I see in this system are MetalWRLD and ExtremeDS (which I use most of the time).

For the noise gate, I'd recommend using a standard Noise Gate (or a standard Dirty Gate if you're using Fuzz). I've once tried the Zoom's ZNR system when I first bought the product, and I wasn't quite impressed with it as it didn't block out all of the feedback from the overdriven gain sounds. However, if ZNR is working well for you, by all means, go ahead.

Another thing I'd like to congratulate Zoom for is their Pitch Shifter. I love how they set up the system so that it can drop-tune my entire guitar from a standard E tuning to even the lowest of the octaves while still retaining their polyphonic programming, allowing me to play chords even in a half-step down tuning patch. The only issue I see here is that they've somehow programmed it to be in the Modulation section and not the EFX section, as what I've noticed is that as I go into baritone tunings (B standard and lower), the distortion sounds seemed to get a lot muddier with each semitone I go down. A quick fix to this I found is to use the drop-tune system in conjunction with my amp's on-board INSANE distortion setting, so that my guitar will still retain its clarity even when I'm playing my favorite Dream Theater songs, such as "Panic Attack." Still, I love how they set things up so that I don't need to buy a Digitech Whammy DT for drop-tunes.

All in all, when it comes to sound, Zoom products will work well on par with genuine effect pedals. I loved their heavy distortions, polyphonic pitch-shifting system, and their smooth modulated sound. I would like to give the rating a 9 because although there are minor disadvantages when it comes to light overdrives and non-modulated clean sounds, I have found a way to work around the problems and set up a vast set of patches that would be useful for my playing style. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have been using the Zoom G.1Nu for a year and a half now, and it was all working well until the PARM 2 encoder stopped functioning, causing sudden tempo skips whenever I wanted to change the tempo of my delay effects and/or drum machines. It is made of metal chassis, so the internal parts will, at the very least, not easily get damaged compared to the unit's predecessors (e.g. Zoom G2); however, I advise that you take EXTRA CARE when gigging with it as the encoders will give up on you after a given amount of time when you step on the pedals often. I did use it live once back in one of my past school concerts, and it did work well without fail. The switching buttons and the expression pedal were built to last, and the internal parts are well protected. This unit can be used without a backup if you are careful with it. The finish is made well, although it is not on par with BOSS' GT and ME systems. When it comes to recording and studio, this unit is well-constructed. I am rating this a 7 because I do not like the idea that you have to use extra caution to avoid damage when it comes to gigging, although you can use this system without a backup. // 7

Overall Impression: All in all, this unit will work fairly well no matter what music genre you play. I mostly play heavy metal and progressive rock (mainly Dream Theater, Galneryus, and Metallica), and this multi-effects processor has provided me with lots of distortions and modulations to play around with. Compared with a Boss ME-25, as well as this unit's predecessor, Zoom G2, the G2.1Nu provides a lot more when it comes to defined sound, reduced latency in patch switching, drum machine, and its user-friendly nature; however, once I get more money, I am planning to go for BOSS' GT or ME multi-effects processor as they have better equipment than Zoom G2.1Nu. If it was lost or stolen, I'd probably go for an upgrade to a BOSS system as they have superior quality, sound, and construction. Otherwise, this Zoom G2.1Nu will do the job for amateurs like me. I am rating this an 8 based on the review I've done on this product. If you plan on buying this in the future, I wish you the best of luck. // 8

More Zoom reviews rating category latest review
+ G3X 9.3 Guitar Effects 10/09/2014