G3 Review

Ease of Use: 9.6
reviews (10) pictures (2) 27 comments vote for this gear:
G3 Reviewed by: lithium17z, on november 06, 2012

Purchased from: Online

Ease of Use: The Zoom G3 Multi-effects Pedal. With the power of an advanced multi-effects unit, the convenience of a pedalboard, and the versatility of a USB audio interface, the Zoom G3 guitar effects and amp simulator pedal is your go-to all-purpose guitar super tool. Three large LCD displays and footswitches give you a genuine stomp-box experience, and individual controls for effects and amp molding make the G3 an invaluable live tool. Create and store up to 100 original tones using 100 built-in DSP effects. Other features, such as an onboard drum Machine and a built in 40-second looper are especially handy for private practice. In the studio, you'll love the G3's USB and XLR outputs. And because the it comes with both ZOom's Edit & Share Preset Software and Steinberg's Sequal LE recording software, you'll get even more out of your G3 when you hook it up to your computer! // 9

Sound: I Play Zoom G3 using Jackson Dinky JS-22R Guitar And Line6 Spider IV Amp, the Noise is Negligible with settings of 75% gain with no voltage drop. Zoom G3 is perfect in many cases and it has remarkably great sound, I like jazzy tone, sometimes crunchy rock n roll & metal of various Frequency of tone and all that I can get my favorite patches from the Internet or by setting patches by myself. Zoom G3 is very good at replicating analog circuit. The distortion, chorus, etc and all other effect available are very carefully set and gives a very lively tone with max sustain which is very good. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used Zoom G3 Processor in Many of my Studio And Live Performances and it's been great experience using this gear. Although I always keep other for back up, but I can definitely rely on Zoom G3, because it doesn't need much for maintenance and it runs smoothly with zero noise. // 9

Overall Impression: I am a rock alternative & acoustic artist, and I know how much it is important to have a muti-effect processor, for many reasons Zoom G3 is great, reliable and also cheap in price. Zoom G3 multi-effects pedal specifications: - 3 large LCD displays and footswitches; - Amp or stomp box effects can be used in any combination; - Authentic amp modeling simulates amps, cabinets and mics separately; - Over 100 built-in DSP effects; - Create and store up to 100 original tones; - Integrated drum machine; - Looper function with 40 seconds of phrase recording and overdubbing; - USB audio interface for DAW recording (Mac and PC); - Includes Edit & Share and Steinberg Sequal LE recording software; - Over 6 hours of operation using 4 AA batteries, as well as USB bus and AC power.

// 9

G3 Reviewed by: kutless999, on february 15, 2012

Purchased from: Ebay vendor

Ease of Use: It is very easy to get your tone out of the Zoom G3. Right out of the box you have many good and usable presets to start playing with. It is very simple to edit and make patches on the G3. All you have to do is scroll through the many great fx and amp models the G3 has to offer and start turning the stompbox like knobs that correspond to the parameters on screen. The manual is pretty good, although it doesn't explain everything. I had to upgrade the G3 only once for some bug fixes and other minor things. // 10

Sound: Most of the time I just plug my headphones into the great headphone out the G3 has to offer. This unit sounds amazing through headphones. The effects in this thing are Stellar and have many parameters to tweak. The delays and verbs in this thing are worth the $180 alone and are amazing. You can also use the tap tempo button to set delay times and flanger rates, chorus rates, etc... The only effects in this unit that aren't that good are the pitch shifting effects such as the harmonizer and the Octaver. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank and can certainly take a beating. I'd defanatly rely on the G3 without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly classic rock and blues, and the G3 can give me those tones without a problem. I've been playing for about three years and the other gear I own is a Squier Affinity Strat and a Roland Cube 15X. I love the amp models and effects in this thing. You can't get a unit with better effects for under $200 IMO. If I somehow lost the G3, I'd probably buy it again. I don't really like the patch switching in the G3. It's not the best for live use. My favorite feature has to be the 40 second looper and the drum machine. It's a great practice tool for getting inspired and having fun. I wished the G3 had a few more amp models like the 57 Champ and the Vox AC15. All in all, the G3 is an amazing price of gear for the price and I think if you're looking for a mfx unit under $200, you can't go wrong with the G3. // 10

G3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 24, 2012

Price paid: C$ 300

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: Massive amount of pedal choices but a bit of learning curve. Choosing pedals is best done on the computer, while adjusting levels is best done on the pedal itself. This is a bit of a pain in the butt, but if you think about it, once you find the levels, you wont really change them. Updated firmware to 1.13, easily done. // 9

Sound: I play through 500 Watt Fender MetalHead using a heavily modified Epiphone Casino. Effects sound good through amp, but I still haven't gone through all of effects as there are thousands of combinations. The effects are quite electronic sounding not not bad over all. I really wanted to love this pedal... But the expression pedal I bought for it was a huge disappointment. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I will not use the pedal for one major reason... The disappointment that is the expression pedal. The expression pedal only adjusts levels of certain pedals, not clicking them on and off. This means, if you want to use the Wah, you have to take your food off the expression pedal, click the G3 and then come back to the expression pedal for the Wah effect... This is horrible. // 1

Overall Impression: The useless expression pedal kills the G3. If you want to use Wah effects, or any effect you want to click on and off and adjust... Stay as far from this pedal as possible. If you can get by without the expression pedal, the G3 might be for you. It is not for me... // 4

G3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 25, 2012

Purchased from: Pakistan Electronics Music

Ease of Use: Three screens and plenty of knobs and buttons put pedals like the POD HD to shame when it comes to ease of use. At a glance you can see exactly what you have in your signal chain. The screens are big, bright and clear. Perfect for live use. I must say three screens go a long way in giving this pedal its value. You can see exactly what you're doing on these three crystal clear screens all the time. It helps a ton when dialing in your tone settings and makes everything just a button press away. You don't have to think about at all. Its hard to explain how simple and well presented every thing is on this pedal. Child's play nonetheless. // 10

Sound: This pedal definitely shines when it comes to Drive sounds. The distortion sounds you can get from this are as organic as can be. I've seen some on line demo's of this pedal (particularly guitar worlds demo) which do this thing No Justice. If you have a particular tone in mind and know how to dial in your sound, then the sky is the limit. The distortions sound absolutely amazing. The amp are excellent too. Though I'm not a fan of all of them some work really really well. All the way from clean scooped chorus tones to Hendrix crunch tones to powerful metal chugging they sound brilliant. Overall very very happy with the Drive tones. The number of effects you get are mind blowing. Although some like the "bomber" are utter pieces of crap, the rest are pretty good and quite useful. If you have an effect in mind, chances are you'll get it on the G3. Some are definitely better than others but all most all can be used to get creative. The delays and reverbs on this are also Brilliant and could be the soul reason to pay 1000 dollars for this pedal. There is a huge variety to choose from and all of them sound really really good. The looper and drum machines are also super easy to use. For practice as a metronome, playing over a chord progression, creating riffs or working on a guitar part both are very very helpful. I should mention that the Drum Machine has plenty of beats to jam and practice to. Metal, Blues shuffle, Rock its all there. These make hours of jam sessions on your own riffs possible. I still have a lot of fun with it. Great for practicing! Overall this pedal sounds very good. For the price, Its a steal! // 9

Reliability & Durability: All metal body, metal switches, solid buttons and knobs with good tactile feedback, not a single loose part. This thing was built to last and to play live. The only problem is that the screens can get scratched up very easily due to the soft material on them. I'd recommend buying a cheap screen protector for them. // 8

Overall Impression: Awesome for Metal, Rock, Blues, clean strumming and singing lead tones. Amazing delays and reverbs. Huge array of effects. Looper and Drum Machine are Great for practice and jamming. I use it as an audio interface to record guitar in my home studio. Truly can do professional quality recording. Saves you $150 from buying an audio interface if you're starting out. Metal body and switches make it great for live playing. I'm so much in love with this pedal that I'm planning to buy a second one for 6 stomp boxes at my disposal! Zoom hit the jackpot with this. The best value in the market no doubt. Congrats and hats off to the guys who made this! // 10

G3 Reviewed by: adilovemetal, on may 15, 2012

Purchased from: Small town shop

Ease of Use: The best guitar effects till date for live use and tweaking patches. Zoom has lived up to it's name in the metal genre with the introduction of the new ZFX IV chip inside this little monster. The high gain sounds of this unit beats Line 6 modeling any day. Acoustic modeling isn't that great though, but I don't care. I am satisfied with my vast array of high gain sounds that this unit offers me, with the exception of the PV Drive, but who cares? Its child's play to edit the patches on this unit. Manual is helpful too. All in all, a great product for metal guitarists who perform live. // 10

Sound: I use it through a shitty Zoom Fire 18 amp, my guitar is a Schecter Damien 6 FR with passive EMG's. I am satisfied with the overall tone, but its the USB sound quality which blew me away! The edit and share software is a hands down for me. I Simply love it! The noise gates on this unit are pretty good. Generally I play bands like Lamb Of God, Meshuggah, MegaDeth, Slayer, sometimes As I Lay Dying and the other metalcore bands. And the result! I get the desired tone any time I want! The effects are okay-ish. Generally I use a Distortion pedal on 1 channel, a noise gate on the second and some reverb on the third. That's all I need actually. So this unit works best for me. Many people complain about the expression pedal. Honestly? You don't really need it until you are some pro gigger. What else can you expect out of a $200 box? // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can really, really, really, really depend on it. Its made out of S.O.L.I.D metal body, and if it falls down, I doubt its gonna shut down permanently. It looks strong enough to handle stage abuse. I would definitely use it in a gig without a backup. Another plus point is the really long battery life! (thumbs up). If I ever, Ever lose this unit I am gonna buy this again, or buy the G5. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all types of metal, it really suits my style. The factory presets suck by the way, I would recommend that you should make your own "signature" tones... The drives are awesome, acoustic simulation OK, effects are more than OK, noise gate rocks, basically you can get Any sound. Top boost, smoking blues, over the top boost, bone crunching metal tones, and some weird effects like the "bomber". I really don't know what use is this "bomber" for! I would recommend this to: 01) Metal guitarists 02) Recording buffs 03) Live players This unit has been very poorly reviewed on Ultimate Guitar. I hope the ratings increase and this little bastard of a G3 gets some recognition. It truly deserves it. // 10

G3 Reviewed by: r4sha, on june 04, 2012

Purchased from: Online Shop

Ease of Use: Zoom G3 is very easy to use. It has 3 pedal which operated like a regular Stomp box. It has very 3 pieces Led light with Orange color. The foot switch is very light and soft, to tell you the truth I'm quite shocked for it. There is no significant volume drop to suck tone between the FX on/off. It's very easy to get a great sound out of this pedal. I don't need the manual because it's just like 3 stomp box but with many feature. Editing the patches is really easy just turning the 3 knob to find your needs.For the firmware, mine hasn't been upgrade. And there are options for G3 Zoom plug into what (eg Amps Input, Direct to the mixer or Return amps), making the G3 is very versatile for all conditions during live or recording. // 9

Sound: I'm using a custom Tele with humbucker on the bridge. I'm using this direct to my PC. It's a bit noisy but the noise gate can handle it for sure. Now for the effects. As ell all know Zoom G3 offers several types of effects, such as Amp sims, Dynamics, Filter / EQ, Drive, Delay, Modulation, Reverb, Twin FX and FX pedals. I tried to give a quick reviews of each of them. 1. Amp Sims. On this section Zoom really works hard to develop the sound of the amps. And the result it's really good actually if it's compare to the previous Zoom G1/G2. It has more dynamics and more tweak able. Of the amps that I tried: Marshall, Diezel, Mesa Boogie, and Vox, the sound is amazing. But the cabs sims is not my liking thought. 2.Dynamics I haven't really use this section. 3.Filter/EQ. To be honest in this section I really curios and interested with the Step, Random Filter and Seq Filter. It really have an awesome sound, that I think could be applied on my band music. 4.Drive. Because I have a Heart Breaker (Blues Breaker clone) and Rasha Fuzz 70's (Fulltone Fuzz 70's clone)so for this section I haven't tweak it. 5.Delay. This section are the one who really stand out if you asked me. It has many type of delay effects, such as multi tap delay, delay Filter, and Pitch delay. All this effects sounds weird. Moreover Pitch delay, If I Pick one note, the delay sounds like it has a pitch higher than the first note. So if I Pick a note (Do) the the delay sound would give the notes (Re), It's really awesome. 6. Modulation This type of effect is the reason I'm buying Zoom G3. The Quality of this effects are really good and really complete. It has a tremolo, Flanger, Chorus, Vibe, Vibrato, Phaser, Pitch Shifter, n there is Slicer, too. But one effects that failed is the Pitch effects (HPS, Octave, Pitch Shifter). The sound is really thin, and when I bend a note, the pitch is all over the place. 7. Reverb This type of effect is the best effects that G3 has. Especially the HD reverb. It's really awesome. 8 & 9. Twin Pedal FX and FX. I haven't really use this section. And for the number 9, Zoom G3 is without Exp Pedal. So I can't try this section. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm really sure I could depend on it. It really strong build. I'm quite sure I could depend on it on a gig. But for a backup, I'm thinking to buy 2 or 3 more of this. Or maybe combined the G3 with Line 6 M9. I'm Pretty sure it would be an awesome mix if it were put together. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm playing a British pop rock kind of music but with ambience (Reverbs and delay). My band is very full loaded hehehe with 2 guitars and keyboard. I've been playing guitar for almost 12 years with many Genre. I have a couple of stompbox too like I have mentioned above. If it were stolen I would definitely buy this thing again. It's really awesome. For the money I spend this thing is a best buy item hehehe. There's only one problem. Zoom G3 is a multi effects unit which generated by processors. And as we know that processors has it's limits. So when you combine effects which really used the procesors such as HD reverbs, the result is you can not combine all three of them. One of them will be Thru or in bypass mode. I think it's really sucks because HD reverbs is really cool effects to combine with. But overall this is the best Effects unit I have tried so far. All sound from this units sound amazing. // 8

G3 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 10, 2013

Purchased from: Ebay

Ease of Use: Very simple to use. The patches were a bit confusing at first (since I've never used patches before) but very easy to figure out. You can have up to 6 stomp boxes (after you update the firmware to 2.0) lined up for a plethora of sounds! Simple 3 knob + pages for each effect. The looper is also very easy to use. Overall, the pedal is very intuitive to say the least. This is a well thought out pedal with tonnes of versatility. I did not even have to crack open the manual to find out how to do everything. // 9

Sound: I run a Fender Strat with noiseless pups through this pedal directly in to headphones (when I'm at home) or a Fender Green Board Blues Jr. Sometimes I use my knock off Tele Thinline with P90s. With my noiseless pups, feedback noise is not a big problem. The gate works well with the P90s (which are noisy). There are a few effects that are not that great, but overall the effects are very nice. Not "digital sounding" at all. Running the G3 with headphones is a treat since the amp modelling is done so well on this pedal. The pedal sings through my Blues Jr though (only for about 30 mins though, since I don't have the Bias mod done yet for my amp (it (the Blues Jr, not the G3) overheats). Overall my OCD ears are very impressed with this little unit! // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's made mostly of plastic, so I don't know how road worthy this pedal is, but that said, you are not kicking around all the extra connectors and wires that come with something like a pedal board. Get a nice backpack or case for this thing and it should last. It's not built like a tank, but I'm pretty sure it will hold up to the road. Just take care of it and it should last (like most things in life that you don't eat). I don't gig much anymore (used to play on Church praise teams) so I'm just using it at home and sometimes in an empty sanctuary. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mostly CCM/rock. Depending on my mood I might play a bit of punk/metal. I've been trying to rock out "Canon Rock" and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" (Impellitteri or however you spell it) lately, but am finding my fingers have slowed down quite a bit with age. I'm 38 and have been playing on and off since high school. This pedal seriously rocks. If it were stolen I would cry because my wife probably won't let me buy any more gear over $100. I've owned quite a few analog pedals before (about 9 on a board) and a few cheaper digital multi effects too. Honestly, I can't tell too big of a difference between this and the analog board I had (although it's MUCH better than the old Zoom G2.1U and the VAMP-2 I had), I gave up on individual stomps when I got married. And I don't play much anymore so I sold all the single stomp goodness I once had. I researched quite a bit before buying this. This pedal is definitely worth the money compared to others out there. // 10

G3 Reviewed by: ste.paterson, on january 12, 2015

Ease of Use: the three individual knobs to control each effect make it easy to adjust the parameters while on stage. Easily beating my other larger effect pedals for real world playing. I can have several banks of individual pedals for whatever style I need ready on stage. I have put my favorite effects into one bank and use this as my main gig patch. The firmware was already updated to 2.0 when I purchased the unit. Creating my own sounds and patches is a breeze. I was after a Gary Moore lead solo sound with a clean warm chorus for rhythm and volume boost pedal for lead work and I can have exactly what I want wit the Zoom G3. // 10

Sound: A wide range of effects based on popular effect pedals like the tube screamer and boss pedals. Probably more effects than you are going to use. The sounds of the effects is clear and there is no background noise. I mainly use the drive, chorus and reverb for live use and the acoustic simulator, drums beats and octave divider for recording. Being able to plug the unit straight into my PC and record directly while monitoring with non latency issues is brilliant. I can have 6 pedals either on or off at the same time meaning I can use 3 main ones pedals and leave 3 for amp simulation, reverb and compression. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Housed in a metal case with metal foot switches I always feel the unit is solid under foot. I have used the unit for several months now and it has never let me down. Not sure if the screens will ever fail as I have heard others with this issue but mine has been faultless. The supplied power supply is a but tiny and flimsy but that doesn't mean it would break easily. Gigwise I never worry the unit will let me down. That's obviously a huge plus when your travelling away to gig and your not starting till the evening when the stores are closed. // 9

Overall Impression: I play most popular styles from rock, blues, rock 'n' roll, soul, pop, ballad, country and classical and the unit has every effect I could need and sounds convincing. I wanted a unit that could be used as three effect pedals of my choice that sounds great either through my amp or a p.a. and this pedal delivers. I have been gigging for over 20 years in lots of different styles of bands and this pedal could easily fit in any one of them. It's a shame that some players will just turn up the gain and play basic metal as they are missing out on some fantastic clean effects. // 10

G3 Reviewed by: wlacky, on april 08, 2015

Price paid: € 180

Purchased from: Lyra Style, Serbia

Ease of Use: This unit is easy to use. I read manual before using (I do it every time) but you don't have to, after a week of using it you easily get used to the unit. Editing is simple like moving knobs on the stompbox. I've got manual in few languages, I read in English, and it's well explained (I should mention that Zoom always provides good manuals). I personally think that default presets that come with this unit are not good representation of what it can do, so as soon as you start creating your own sounds, you will start to like it even more! // 10

Sound: I like the sound of this unit. At home, I play without amp, I just plug my home monitor speakers and use amp simulations. But i don't really feel it's made to be used that way in a live band situations, so live, I use it with a a few transistor and valve combo's and heads (Randall, Laney, Marshall, Blackstar). On this effect unit a mainly use delays, reverbs and modulation effects. In front of it, I put my Blackstar Dual LT pedal, and all that in front of the amp on clean mode and I feel it really works well that way.

Distortions are okay, some of them pretty good on G3 itself, but I want that analog dist feel that I get for my pedal and also not using distortion from Zoom let's me have more space on G3 for modulations, delays and reverbs. It suits many styles and has some really handy features like ZNR Noise Reduction which really takes all unwanted things from your signal in a very natural way.

I give it 9 for sound just because distortions and some amp simulations are not really my cup of tea. Except that there are some unusable crazy effects. But for delays and modulations it deserves 10. You can find on YouTube few videos where effects from Zoom are compared with some remarkable brands and pedals and you will hear that Zoom has come really really really close to them, especially delays, which is maybe the best thing I like in this unit. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is pretty durable. I have it for 6 months and I haven't had any problems with it so far. I've heard that some people had issues with knobs after sometime of use, but after cleaning them it worked like a charm, again. Its made of high quality plastic and it will last for long, surely. Probably, if u drop it, it will survive, but its not super reliable like boss pedals (for example), so with a bit of caring it will last pretty long, I am sure. It's not made from metal and other people had some knobs issues so I give it 9 for Reliability and Durability. // 9

Overall Impression: This is great pedal. For the price of 1 or 2 good pedal, you get so much. Its simple, small, pedalboard friendly and great sounding unit. With drum machine and 40 sec looper you get at least so much fun coming out of one little floor unit. Good side of this processor, comparing to other units in this price range (like Line 6 400, Boss ME-80) is that it can be used as a Processor itself but it fits into any pedalboard with ease, too, and work just as a stompbox pedal with other beloved pedals.

One thing I didn't like is the recording feature from this unit. Actually, I didn't expected much from it, so that's what it is. You can record some demo examples and ideas via USB to your computer, but don't accept full warm sound recorded if Zoom G3 used as a sound card. But, the good side is that you can make some serious recording if you use another sound card and record with it signal from Zoom G3. Another thing which is missing is tamp tempo button. It is included, but not as a footswitch on the unit itself. I know, you can buy it, but still I think it should be included with the unit. Another thing that is missing is another button for moving from bank to bank and scrolling through the patches. It works with switching buttons 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 at the same time but still, it would be nice to have another button dedicated just for that. I understand that unit would be a bit bigger in that case, so I can live with that.

Except that, this is really worth the money. And even guys with big, boutique pedalboards should try these, buy second hand for 100 dollars, because they can have their roll in every single pedalboards, because, there are many outstanding effects. // 9

G3 Reviewed by: Will Lane, on april 13, 2015

Purchased from: Amazon

Ease of Use: The G3 is very simple to use. I had another multi before hand, so I'm used to bending on knees to fix whatever might be wrong. The G3 is very easy to edit, especially with V2.1. The effects scrolling is simple, the dials on the effects correspond with the output and are easy to change. Each screen has it's own individual controls for the individual effect. The screen modules are (WYSIWYG) but the outboard controls are not. Editing patches is easy, as is saving. Changing patches requires you to go into a different mode of sorts. There is a stompbox mode where you can click the stomps of the patch on and off, and there is a patch mode where you can scroll up and down each patch.

The G3 requires some work to get the amp sims and distortion models to sound good. For delays and verbs and other modulations, most work very well upon the first engagement of the effect. // 10

Sound: The G3 sounds quite great all around. The amp sims are a little lacking compared to a POD HD's, but still react to the on-board distortions and such well. Those preamp pedals sound decent on their own, but sound a little digital, as do the amps. I did make a Vox emulation (AC-Tone) and a djent emulation (Juicer with boost). Both sound fairly decent, but to work well the G3 needs to be in an effects loop, fed with a clean preamp signal.

Other preamp pedals (compressor, noise gate?) work decent as well. The comps could be better, but for the price of the G3 I think they are great. The noise gates are pretty high quality, leaving much of your tone intact but cutting off at the threshold efficiently.

The EQ's (only two of them) work okay. One is just treble and bass, and the other touches on odd frequencies (6 band). The low/mid frequencies give nasally qualities rather than punch, and the highs are just a spark above proper assignment. The gap between the lows and highs is way too large (from 800 hz to 3.2k hz). Not much midrange to be had there, you'll have to dial that in on the amp. A good combo of the 800 and 3.2k hz parameters can brighten up a dark amp.

The filters work as filters. The step filters are actually pretty nice and versatile. The chorus, flangers, and other pitch modulations work well. The whammy lacks a little bit of kick when the octave is engaged. Pitch shifting (lower/higher tunings) are okay, they cut some of the guitar timbre out, but latency isn't too bad. The fun effects (bomber, synth, etc.) are fun to mess with but I don't imagine much of a practice use from them.

Where the G3 shines and what really makes the unit worth it are the delays and reverbs. All of the time-based effects work great and help to create lush soundscapes and thicken up sonic space. Multiple, easy to use delays are available as well as multiple, easy to use reverbs. You can stack delays and verbs to create new sounds. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't find a plate verb, but I stacked a tiled room verb upon a hall verb and created a sparkly, fizzy plate verb. The sound quality of the time-based effects are great as well.

I use this unit primarily as a source of time-based effects, a bit of EQ, whammy, and noise gating. I play mostly Church worship music. In that regard, the G3 is wondrous. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The G3 is built reasonably well. I received it in new condition, nothing seemed off about it. The first time I loaded up the unit, however, I had to download the V2.1 software, as the unit came stock with v1. If you don't have a USB cable, you'll need to get one. The foam feet on the unit come off easily if you need to lay the pedal flat. If you wanted to run cables under it, you'll need to add on to the feet/glue new ones on.

One of my knobs gets a little sticky in it's full rotation. Nothing is hindered sound-wise or ease-of-use by this. Also, the power input seems to be a little loose, but again nothing is hindered. I don't foresee any problems in the future, but I'll be careful none the less. // 7

Overall Impression: The G3 is perfect for creating delay and reverb sound scapes. Delays and verbs can be stacked to create interesting, full, synth-like waves, as well as subtle backing for a cranked guitar. The common pitch modulations and filters can be used as their conventional counterparts.

The amp/distortion simulations are finicky but useable. They would require a clean preamp signal and the G3 would have to be in an effects loop. A direct out would not sound too great, especially without an out-board cab sim. At the point of having a decent tube effects loop amp, the user would probably already have standalone distortion/preamp pedals, so the G3's dirt and amp sims wouldn't be necessary. However, extremely different amp sims from the user's actually amp can be used to gain a versatile range of styles, rather than buying new amps for each style.

The only thing the G3 lacks (for my uses anyway) is an attack comp, an EQ with better mid-range emphasis, and a plate reverb. The looper works well, ties with the drum machine perfectly, and the sound quality is great. No issues there. I would use this without back-up. I would buy again. // 8

More Zoom reviews rating category latest review
+ MS-60B MultiStomp Bass Pedal 9.3 Bass Effects 11/02/2015