USA (Lowell), November 23, 2005 Review

artist: 311 date: 11/28/2005 category: live concerts
311: USA (Lowell), November 23, 2005
Nick did a great job, he sounded wonderful the whole show. It was a very loud show.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Lowell), November 23, 2005 Reviewed by: chilipepper24, on november 28, 2005

Sound: Nick did a great job, he sounded wonderful the whole show. I thought didn't do as well, he didn't sound very polished, but it was still fine. Tim was fabulous on guitar, and p-nut rocked everyone out on bass. He was crazy. Chad was great on drums, drums are a very important part of 311's music and I was glad to be able to hear them loud and clear. It was a very loud show. // 10

Perfomance: I have heard so much about 311 being an amazing show from so many people who have seen them that I had pretty high expectations. They didn't by any means disappoint, but I thought the crowd could have been more enthusiastic. The show was not sold out, the floor was full but about half the seats were empty, and at times I saw many people sitting down. However I still had a lot of fun getting pushed around in the pit. Their set list was as follows: "Are You Ready" Intro 01. Do You Right 02. Freeze Time 03. Come Original 04. Love Song 05. Mindspin* 06. I Told Myself* 07. Off Beat Bare Ass 08. Don't Dwell 09. Solar Flare 10. Applied Science** 11. Purpose 12. Nutsymptom 13. Beautiful Disaster 14. Nix Hex 15. Speak Easy 16. Rub A Dub* 17. Eons 18. Unity 19. Flowing 20. Down Encore: 21. Who's Got The Herb*** 22. Don't Tread On Me (Feels So Good)**** 23. Six***# 24. F--k The Bulls--t*** * - Bulletin Board request ** - With extended drum solo *** - Not on stage setlist, but played **** - On stage setlist, but not played # - Before song Nick asked crowd if they wanted 'Six' or 'FTBS' and said, "how about both!" All these songs were really done well, they had a great set and played some really unexpected stuff. The lights were great but the stage wasn't too elaborate. // 10

Overall Impression: This show was November 23rd at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell, Massachusetts, USA. Opening for them was Alien Ant Farm, they were not really to my taste put they put on a clean show, the singer sounded good and everyone was together. 311 was fantastic. They have so much energy onstage, and they really translate well into the studio also. I loved the crowd but got a bit fed up with everyone pushing eachother around near the end. However, this is all part of the atmosphere. Tickets were $37 plus convenience, a pretty good price and well worth it. The show was pretty regular except right at the end, I saw a guy OD right next to me, that was a little creepy. But the show had a great vibe. I would definitely see them again, I loved it. // 10

More 311 reviews rating latest review