USA (Charlotte), September 21, 2006 Review

Perfomance: 9
 4.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
USA (Charlotte), September 21, 2006 Reviewed by: DownInAHole., on september 23, 2006

Sound: The sound was very excellent. Steven Tyler is in his 50 and still can hit those notes like he did in his 20. Also, Motley Crue played wirth them and it made the show that much better. I wasn't too impressed with Vince Neil's lyrics though. Ok, back to Aerosmith. Joe Perry was playing an almost transparent yellow Les Paul that was sprinkled in glitter. It looked sweet. The other guitarist was playing a Les Paul sunburst and Steven Tyler had his microphone he swung around the entire show. The sound quality was very clear and I could understand all of Tyler's lyrics even when Joe Perry bursted into a crazy lead. // 10

Perfomance: Motley Crue started off the show playing "Dr. Feelgood." By that time, the crowd really hadn't arrived yet. I was disappointed in Motley Crue's performance because there was so much fog and smoke on the stage I could'nt even see Vince Neil or Tommy Lee. Then Vince came out on a motorcycle and they sang "Girls, Girls, Girls." Then everyone got out their lighters for "Home Sweet Home." When Aerosmith took the stage though, the crowd went nuts. Joe Perry hit two or three notes then rocked out to "Eat The Rich." They played a few songs from the "Honkin on Bobo" album (they were ok). Then of course "Cryin" then "Dream On." The band said "Goodnight" and I was so upset. I was thinking, "I did hear Walk This Way." But then, Joe and Steven came out of the crowd and played "Love In An Elevator" and "Wlak This Way." Those guys put on a hell of a show. It was great. That and Tommy Lee was throwing booze at the crowd. // 9

Overall Impression: I saw this show in Charlotte, North Carolina on September 21st, 2006. It was held at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater. Motley Crue opened up and that was crazy too. I loved all of the energy I got from the crowd. Probably the loudest concert I've ever seen. Pretty good for a ticket I paid 25 bucks for.I will never forget Tommy Lee throwing beer and Joe Perry's solo in "Dream On." I will never forget this show and I strongly urge anyone Who hasn't seen Aerosmith love to check it out. // 10

More Aerosmith reviews rating latest review
+ USA (Uncasville), September 4, 2010 4.9 02/22/2011