USA (Pensacola), March 1, 2004 Review

artist: afi date: 11/24/2004 category: live concerts
afi: USA (Pensacola), March 1, 2004
When they finally get to the hard part of that song, red AFI flags come down and the stars turn red and it was awesome!
 Perfomance: 10
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this concert:
USA (Pensacola), March 1, 2004 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 24, 2004

Sound: Davey Havok is one of the greatest frontmen of the punk scene. Jade Puget and Hunter totally rock out on the strings and Adam Carson rocks the drums. Jade was rocking the long blonde band and a straight black Les Paul. When I saw them, they were headlining a tour with Coheed And Cambria and Thursday. Coheed was great, Thursday was too loud, and when Afi finally came on, they were spectacular sounding. // 10

Perfomance: Afi definetly brought the mosh at this show. Set list goes as follows: 01. Miseria Cantare 02. Leaving Song Part 2 03. Silver And Cold 04. Girls Not Grey 05. Death Of Seasongs 06. Days Of The Pheonix 07. Totallimortal 08. Some Song With Lots Of Cursing 09. Morningstar There were probably lots more songs, or so it seemed, but I couldn't keep up. Some things I remember was that I was trying to get up to the front, but I couldn't quite get there. So when they started Miseria Cantare, some guy lifted my up on his shoulders. When the singing starts ("Nothing From Nowhere...") Davey rose from the floor in a pit of blue smoke. I looked back at the audience and everyone was throwing their fists in the air. During the Leaving Song part 2, Davey did a backflip into the crowd and took some kids shoe. Then later on during Morningstar, blue and white stars layed behind the drummer and I looked around and I saw lighters and girls crying. When they finally get to the hard part of that song, red Afi flags come down and the stars turn red and it was awesome! // 10

Overall Impression: The show was in Pensacola, Florida at the Bayfront Auditorium on March 1st or 2nd. Each ticket was $17.50. I loved this show and it was a night to remember. I remember walking in there and there were alot of hot girls and kids with Afi tattoos and some girls flashed me. Good night. There was alot of crowd surfing and moshing. This was one of the best, if not the best show I've ever attended. // 10

More Afi reviews rating latest review
+ Scotland (Glasgow), April 8, 2010 9.7 04/26/2010