UK (Birmingham), May 26, 2006 Review

artist: aiden date: 08/08/2006 category: live concerts
aiden: UK (Birmingham), May 26, 2006
When Aiden finally emerged the audience screams were deafening. They kicked of the set with an unbelievable rendition of knife blood nightmare but, unfortunately, the guitarist?s guitar broke causing a lengthy delay while he got another.
 Perfomance: 10
review (1) 3 comments vote for this concert:
UK (Birmingham), May 26, 2006 Reviewed by: bringmthorizon, on august 08, 2006

Sound: I have been a massive fan of Aiden for a long time and I jumped at the chance to see them live. There sound is a mixture of punk, emo and goth and they use a mixture of screams and melody (although there is much more melodic singing than screaming). There vocalist, wiL Francis, pulls all this of very very well. Accompanying this great mix of scything, intertwining guitars and a fast punk drum beat. On the night it comes off brilliantly, with the volume levels just as they should be. // 10

Perfomance: When Aiden finally emerged (after 4 long opening bands) the audience screams were deafening. They kicked of the set with an unbelievable rendition of knife blood nightmare but, unfortunately, the guitarist's guitar broke causing a lengthy delay while he got another. But he came back out and they carried on with the gig. I shall put down the set list but I really doubt that it is in the correct order they played because I cannot remember. Knife Blood Nightmare - a great song which is even better live. The Last Sunrise - there biggest hit witch caused a massive sing-along among the crowd and a wave of crowd surfers. Breathless - a somber song witch although disappoints the pit but allows the front crowd to sing along rapturously. Goodbye, Were Falling Fast - a fast song witch caused the pit to explode. Unbreakable - another somber one with not much mosh value. I Set My Friends On Fire - this one starts off with a massive wall of death and is a pit and crowd favorite. Die Romantic - another sing-along hit. Encore: Die, Die My Darling (Misfits cover) - loved by the Misfits loving crowd. World By Storm - best live song by far. Has the vocalist crowd walking, almost everyone crowd surfing, pits like you've never seen and a massive chanted ending, has to be seen to be believed. Now, remember, I really doubt that is the order they played the songs but it's my best guess. // 10

Overall Impression: UK, Birmingham, Caring Academy, 26th of May 2006. Unfortunately, Showdown City and Ghost Of Thousand (the first two opening bands) sucked. Badly. Their mics were under volume and the set just seem to melt into one big pile of rubbish. But Waterdown, the last opener before Aiden, were great. There excellent screamo/hardcore sound was really good and they had a great stage presence. The tickets cost 8 Pounds which I think is quite reasonable and I would easily pay more. It was a great gig, only marred by the wait for Aiden due to the many opening bands. But all in all I think this was an excellent gig and I will defiantly be going to the next aiden gig. And judging by the rest of the sweaty, pit weary crowd I think they will too. // 10

More Aiden reviews rating latest review
+ UK (Birmingham), Oct 5, 2008 4.9 10/09/2008