UK (Bristol), September 15, 2003 Review

artist: alkaline trio date: 09/20/2004 category: live concerts
alkaline trio: UK (Bristol), September 15, 2003
The first 3 songs played were the first 3 from Good Mourning which were received brilliantly by the audience. Outside the arena were stalls selling cut price hoodies, cds and other merchandise.
 Perfomance: 8
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this concert:
UK (Bristol), September 15, 2003 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 20, 2004

Sound: I went to this gig last year, so sadly I can't remember every detail, but it really was the best night of my life so far. I don't know what instruments were used, but I know that Matt Skiba plays a Gibson Gold Top, and has his own custom guitar (the Matt Skiba GPC) and Dan Adriano has his own custom bass. The vocals sounded better than on live songs that have been recorded and Adriano's voice sounded really pretty. The songs sounded amazing and much better than I expected from a live performance. // 8

Perfomance: The band started off playing songs from thier newset album, Good Mourning, and went on to play songs from Here To Infirmary and Maybe I'll Catch Fire. There was very little speaking between playing which was a dissapointment, execpt for a few random comments (before one of Adriano's songs, Skiba told the audience "Listen to this song, he's a really good singer!") But overall, I really enjoyed the gig and so did evryone I know Who went. // 8

Overall Impression: The gig was in Bristol Anson Rooms in England on 15 September 03. The first 3 songs played were the first 3 from Good Mourning which were received brilliantly by the audience. The tickets were only about 11 and the gig was worth more in my opinion. Outside the arena were stalls selling cut price hoodies, cds and other merchandise. The part I loved most about seeing the show was when Matt walked out into the audience (and sung down some persons mobile phone!), and the most dissapointing thing was that there was little interaction with the crowd other than that. The most unforgettable moments were Matt walking onstage during the support act's set, an electri version of the acoustic 'Blue In The Face', and Matt Skiba denying claims by the audience that he's gay! I'm still waiting to hear of when their next UK gig will be, and whenever it is I'll be first in line for tickets. // 10

More Alkaline Trio reviews rating latest review